• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarf Hellion

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
I like Darkest Dungeon and dwarfs are probably my second favorite race so I made this.

-One thing I would like to say, is that anyone is welcome to edit my resources that are available or improve upon them, make them fit your project, whatever you want.

Edit: Fixed all sanity stuff and footprint position.
Previews
Contents

Dwarf Hellion (Model)

Hellion_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very cool model with nicely adapted in-game textures, but there are some minor flaws with the model. Please fix the look of the head, it does not look very good or fits into wc3. The shape is weird and the talk animation is horrifying. You might...
Nice job with the model, but there are a few recommendations I would like to point out.

• Make another version of her, with the two-handed Viking Axe.
    • Give her this viking axe, and she will have versatility on her side.
    • Give her an attack slam animation, by making her swing her axe around.
    • Also, give her another attack animation that involves impaling her enemies with the tip of her axe. Give her the Bladestorm ability, if you believe she should have a Hero Unit version.
  • Make another version of her, with the one-handed viking axe and shield. Call her "the Shield Maiden."
    • Animate her attack slam, so she shield-bashes her enemies.
    • Give this unit a stand defend, but animate her so she lifts her shield up to block an attack.
  • Make another version of her, throwing one-handed viking axes.
    • Alternate her attack, so she goes melee.
  • Make hero unit versions of these ones.

Last edited:

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Nice job with the model, but there are a few recommendations I would like to point out.

• Make another version of her, with the two-handed Viking Axe.
    • Give her this viking axe, and she will have versatility on her side.
    • Give her an attack slam animation, by making her swing her axe around.
    • Also, give her another attack animation that involves impaling her enemies with the tip of her axe. Give her the Bladestorm ability, if you believe she should have a Hero Unit version.
  • Make another version of her, with the one-handed viking axe and shield. Call her "the Shield Maiden."
    • Animate her attack slam, so she shield-bashes her enemies.
    • Give this unit a stand defend, but animate her so she lifts her shield up to block an attack.
  • Make another version of her, throwing one-handed viking axes.
    • Alternate her attack, so she goes melee.
  • Make hero unit versions of these ones.
Thank you :). This model appears to have bad ratings though, so probably not worth the effort if people don´t even like it.

A little off topic but im gonna nerd out a little. That "viking axe" in the article is called danish axe and the head is type M, look for head type L, they look much cooler. Throwing axes is more associated with the franks, im not aware of it being used in battle or military by vikings, who used a spear or a bow.

Thank you :). This model appears to have bad ratings though, so probably not worth the effort if people don´t even like it.

A little off topic but im gonna nerd out a little. That "viking axe" in the article is called danish axe and the head is type M, look for head type L, they look much cooler. Throwing axes is more associated with the franks, im not aware of it being used in battle or military by vikings, who used a spear or a bow.
If anyone knows, Blizzard is known for incorporating customs from different cultures into their races. Blizzard also based WarCraft from the Warhammer series, where the dwarven Dawi have these crazy units called "Slayers," who are reminiscent to your Dwarf Hellion.
My point is: don't trash your model if it still works and has potential. Do the following above, so you get a 5/5 star rating.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
I´m absolutely not trashing it. I like it myself, I don´t create models for ratings, I do it cause I like it, selfish reasons like that. The ratings is just a way for me to gauge if it´s worth working on for other peoples benefit. There is too many people and too many varying opinions or agenda´s for me to take the ratings too seriously. There are probably cases where someone gives a bad rating cause they dislike the author, or the model is close to something they want, they want a different weapon or even a different gender and it could be frustrating. There are probably people that give good ratings cause the author is a good friend but the model could be just a stick in the dirt doodad. I´m not discrediting the rating this model got though but if it works and up to standards then I can just move on rather than make variations to it for benefits of people that don´t need it.

Tell me my friend. Are you working on a project and you really need this model with a sword and a shield? If the answer is yes, well, that would be surprising to me and then I would gladly consider your request. This is what it´s about for me after all, if its going to be used.

I´m absolutely not trashing it. I like it myself, I don´t create models for ratings, I do it cause I like it, selfish reasons like that. The ratings is just a way for me to gauge if it´s worth working on for other peoples benefit. There is too many people and too many varying opinions or agenda´s for me to take the ratings too seriously. There are probably cases where someone gives a bad rating cause they dislike the author, or the model is close to something they want, they want a different weapon or even a different gender and it could be frustrating. There are probably people that give good ratings cause the author is a good friend but the model could be just a stick in the dirt doodad. I´m not discrediting the rating this model got though but if it works and up to standards then I can just move on rather than make variations to it for benefits of people that don´t need it.

Tell me my friend. Are you working on a project and you really need this model with a sword and a shield? If the answer is yes, well, that would be surprising to me and then I would gladly consider your request. This is what it´s about for me after all, if its going to be used.
I don't have a project going on. However, I like the way you make your models, which is why I persuade you to make them better.
As for the answer to your question, yes, I would like the model(s). If I use them for anything, I will definitely give you credit.

A very cool model with nicely adapted in-game textures, but there are some minor flaws with the model.
Please fix the look of the head, it does not look very good or fits into wc3. The shape is weird and the talk animation is horrifying. You might also want to fix the normals on the head geometry. That might sort out most issues, but the weird talk animation and beady eyes need to be improved.