• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hey CloudWolf, your not on MSN and you only loggin when i tell you to so i decided to post this here insted.
You know that there is some paths you cant walk on in the map.
Here is an example:
http://www.diablo3warcraft.com/images/Screenshots/Screenshot_02.jpg
If you look down, its an unused path. And look at the pasage, it leads stright into the freaking wall O.O. What about adding doors on places like that, it looks kinda sick otherwise.
The same with the doors at the beggining where the ghoul comes, close the door after they come or make the doors useable, otherwise it might confuse people that it is a walkable path.
Thnx.

Level 3
While watching the screen, I wonder...
I wonder if the inventory system is in-game in your screen?
If yes, how do you open it? -chat command?

Press Escape to open it :p
Look in my albums to see how the inventory looks like.

Level 17
You press escape to enter the inventory :p
This is how it looks like:
157869-albums1156-picture8442.png

Level 2
Is there a way to change the hotkey to i?

Stack the potions so that a potion does not use as much space as a sword.

Level 8
In 1.17, there is no inventory system that pops up on your screen. I tried pressing esc. Also, I couldn't post a thread so I'll say it hear, yu have a bug with your bridge. Here's the screenshot:
Untitled-90.jpg

When using the grand shockwave as a barbarian on the bridge, that happens. Kinda wierd. The boss and the barbarian are stuck and can't attack each other but I killed him with abilities. Nice map though.

Level 19
In 1.17, there is no inventory system that pops up on your screen. I tried pressing esc. Also, I couldn't post a thread so I'll say it hear, yu have a bug with your bridge.

The inventory will be in version 1.18.
Here's the screenshot:
Untitled-90.jpg

When using the grand shockwave as a barbarian on the bridge, that happens. Kinda wierd. The boss and the barbarian are stuck and can't attack each other but I killed him with abilities. Nice map though.

Haha nice one. We already have that bug fixed for version 1.18.

Level 30
In 1.17, there is no inventory system that pops up on your screen. I tried pressing esc. Also, I couldn't post a thread so I'll say it hear, yu have a bug with your bridge. Here's the screenshot:
Untitled-90.jpg

lol, I love that bug :) Maybe we should use it to create an event in the second map? Like hordes of enemies appear, and you have to fight your way to a bridge and destroy it in order to cut them off perhaps? :)

Level 19
lol yea :D Dnt worry about this idea for now, we can address it when the time comes :p

Once i get these items finished and Darkholme does the creep generator, version 1.18 should be ready for release :D All the other changes in production can wait for 1.19 :)

Could you perhaps set up a To-Do-List for version 1.19? We're already 4-5 members on the team so it would be best to organize the team and a goal a bit.

Level 4
I was mucking around with stuff and wondering if something like this would be worthwhile for the map? At the moment the blue icey rock tiles in my opinion doesnt really feel like diablo.

d3tileposb.jpg

Level 17
Ya, the current one doesnt look good. Its like your inside a frozen castle but thats not what its suppost to look like.
ColdRocker, that looks very nice. But honestly i think we could find something even better :] Maybe cloudwolf even make hes own terrain skin after he see this. :p

Level 4
wow nice haha, that one up there i made wasnt freehand, i took a chunk of flooring out of a d3 screenshot... haha.. yours looks way better

Level 19
:O sexy

also I think you should make something that fits with the new bridge maybe?

Yeah. It's actually quite important to capture the overall dungeon theme.

Before I saw this threat I didn't even give a thought but now it starts to bug me a bit that the over all dungeon terrain doesn't fit.

DansaDisco, some changes to make the dungeon floor and the bridges fit together a bit more would be nice.

Level 8
Yo, you guys mind helping me out. First of, what Max Pitch Roll Angle Degree's do you use if the camera is 3rd person for the item slots and stuff and also, could you tell me were to get those models.

Level 30
Yo, you guys mind helping me out. First of, what Max Pitch Roll Angle Degree's do you use if the camera is 3rd person for the item slots

I dont really understand what you mean :S If you mean the inventory camera its just got 0 degree rotation and a 270 angle of attack :p

could you tell me were to get those models.

This website? :D Go to the models section :p

Level 17
I dont really understand what you mean :S If you mean the inventory camera its just got 0 degree rotation and a 270 angle of attack :p

This website? :D Go to the models section :p

Im not sure but i think he was asking how i changed angel of the unit in the inventory to face the camera or if it just was an illusion.
Im not sure though and he didnt reply. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.