• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Lords 1.6.3

Dungeon Lords
Dungeon Lords is a map inspired by Dungeon Keeper. One of the teams, the Dungeon Lords team, takes the role of "keepers", who build the dungeon and set traps, while the other team, the "good" guys, try to loot and kill everything in there.

Dungeons are not pre-made, but created by the Dungeon Lords every game using a very intuitive digging system, which makes every single game different.

The game also includes new Ability and Combat systems. Abilities gain new effects, so Heroes can effectively use all of them (even melee warrior-type heroes profit from Intelligence). That gives more possibilities to play each hero.

Dungeon Lords are being developed for a long time now, more information can be found in map development - Dungeon Lords section

Map is protected

1.6.3:
- blind seer has 4 abilities
- new dungen lord, some units have new skills
- boss HP fixed somehow
- undergroud passage

1.6.2f
- improved Reveal Weakness
- fixed creep acquisition range
- ESC to switch camera modes (DL only)

- doors
- fire trap change
- better balance
- chilling wind changed to instant

- growth upgrade fix
- lightning charger walkable
- HP bonus from strength reduced to 2.5
- "defensive" accesories now grant HP and HP regen instead of strength

1.6.0f:
- further strength nerf (strength now grants 7.5HP/point)
- different wall decorations for rooms
- fire trap walkable
- fixed crash on group ordering
- tile recycling for better performance
- fastened researches
- fixed "Advanced defences" tooltip
- growth upgrades in-game units

1.6.0e:
- fixed bug that alllowed multiple building in one room
- construction cancel room texture bug fixed

1.6.0:
- different room textures
- new guard room system
- separated minigame player from second dungeon player
- new rooms, new upgrades
- nerfed dungeon units (it is now pretty hard to play as dungeon lord)
- lich minigame temporarily disabled
- wands and staves inteligence bonus fixed
- changed amount of DL resources to 17/24/31/38 * round

1.5.2:
- new guide
- fixes in worker AI

1.5.1:
- boss now longer neutral hostile
- caster items remade
- heroes can send gold to each other
- Ability added for locating the last treasures
- minor fixes

1.5.0b:
- new type of boss - Hero party
- removed "find end" debug message

1.5.0:
- boss is now neutral hostile
- new improved worker AI

1.4.5:
- new feature - chaincasting - works for Arcane Magi only

1.4.5b:
- two heroes bug fixed
- brain disappering fixed
- lightning & stun fixed

1.4.5:
- fixed crash issue
- improved hero skill tooltips

1.4.4:
- fixed damage system
- improved guide for DL
- rally points
- reworked damage system (more effective coding)
- new minigames - Hero siege and Brain
- fixed buffsystem
- new usable items - drugs (see map development forum for more info)

1.4.3d:
- interface changes
- new items

1.4.3c:
- fixed bugs in worker system

1.4.3:
- new custom font (it may seem familiar if you played DK II)
- worker system - "smart" task assignment + includes auto-embracing!
- tooltips for buildings and heroes greatly improved
- new spell systems - same effects but much faster map loading time
- pipes are spawning now
- only a single entrance

1.4.2d:
- fixed major bugs

1.4.2b:
- changed miniboss system
- the detector trap
- fixed the round timer issues

1.4.2:
- new minibosses (not fully working)
- new trap
- rearranged building icons
- workers can clone themselves
- some new items

Keywords:
dungeon, dungeon keeper, RPG, warchasers, treasure
Contents

Dungeon Lords 1.6.3 (Map)

Reviews
10:14, 22nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Not bad, but still has a lot of work to put into it. First, a lot of lacking tooltips, badly written. Then missing hotkeys on many abilities and heroes. Then, the terrain should be improved. The dungeons don0t...
Yeah, I was considering that my self, I'm ok with GUI, and I don't really know how you would do it, but it think it could be worth a try to experiment.

BTW your trap room should go like this: you click on the building node, and select 'Trap Room' and then from that you select the kind of trap.

And what about 'Minor boss' rooms (pwoerful single units uniqe to each race? eh, just ideas.

And 'Agents' (combat units that you control, but cost lots gold?)

Level 27
Yeah, I had few ideas too.
Dungeon lords may sell/buy time they need to build dungeon in exchange for wood.
Imps or some kinda like it. Dungeon lords can swnd small devils when heros are completing minigames.
Hunters. Well, thats the other name for Agents.
Traps that, when heros walk into, turn into cage with ferocious beast. Traped hero must kill beast to get out.
Magical mirrors (Another trap ^^) that cast havoc by messing up the spells. Like the one that polymorphs everyone who cast spell near it or the one that someway sucks you soul, stealing mana, or one with can clone (create illusions) minions who pass it someway? Then it would be cool if some here could take over traps using his magical power, using their power for his team...

Level 12
Wow, thats a ton of ideas, thank you guys.
Agents/Hunters are a good idea, but i think these units should be more of support-type, to fully use the "possibility to control it" :grin:
Minor bosses are already there, lvl 3 of dwelling, haven't noticed that yet :grin:? They are almost useless now, I will adjust them someday
Imps: good idea, but so far the minigames aren't reward-balanced, I will need to do that first, then add imps
The problem with time is that heroes would bore themselves to death if DL spent some more lumber on it. BUT I got another idea, heroes will play minigames with 30 seconds pause between them, unil dungeon lords complete dungeon (with limit of 3 minigames or something like that). The more time it takes, the more rewards heroes will be able to get
Cage: interesting idea, I know there are some spells somewhere that allow this, but I personally have no idea how to seperate the "in cage" area, so that others won't be able to help him. It would be easy to do if other could attack the monster.
The other traps are interesting, I like the mirror image one
It is true that heroes should have some ways of dealing with traps, rogues skill will propably be enhanced to active, to destroy traps. Also, I want to add some items to deal with traps, the "conversion" of traps seems really useful
EDIT: fake treasure room could be useful, players tend to be less careful when they enter treasure rooms :grin:

Glad you like the ideas, and your ideas are nice, yes, the mini games are nice. also whaat happened to the boss getting hurt if his boosters are destroyed? i like that feature, it stopped you from spamming boosters. also could you add a new, more powerful door? very expensive, for rooms you don't want the enemy to get to or get out of, hehehe, I used the tunnel to lure some heroes into a guard room, then blew it up so they couldn't escape.

Traps could include:

Poison Gas - Random pockets of gas come out of vents in the room and give a moderate DoT.

Spikes - If you step on an invisible pressure pad spikes shoot up and deal large damage.

Darts - Same as spikes except a dummy casts a modified fan of blades fro the wall.

Soul Vault - upon entering you loose half of you mana and a 'spirit' is created that will attempt to catch you, if it does you loose 25% of your total HP but it is slow.

Graveyard - When you enter the room, you are swarmed on by skeletons, andcan be overrun easily unless you quickly turn off several levers, the bigger the room the more levers?

And how about this Room:

Dungeon Reactor: This building peridically casts a spell over a large area that boosts the attack rate of neaby allies, also increases regain. inside there is the building, but also several lighning traps, and mettalic objects so periodically, lighning flows through the whole room (whenver the spell renews?) this should be a later tier structure.

more trap ideas later. :D

Level 12
Wow, another load of ideas, where fo you keep getting them? :grin:
Gas trap with the DoT would be more useful as stand-alone trap, gives players another thing to dispell (not that anyone ever used dispell)
Soul Vault is interesting, it would be deadly to single-player melee hero. Build four of them and you won, no matter what. :grin: Needs some work, but it is indeed a good idea.
Graveyard: also interesting, imagine 20x20 graveyard with hundred of levers which all need to be deactivated :grin: This would be common problem with "the larger the better" rooms I guess
Dungeon Reactor is indeed a couple of good ideas put together. I was originally thinking of "Blacksmith" room, that would give some kind of damage aura, which could be applied to selected guard room.
The metallic object spawn is also interesting, so far there are only the pipes (maybe some sort of pipe detector would be useful, since it would allow DL to design the dungeon with that in mind.
I like the overall idea of the Reactor, it could be done as trap room without the aura, because with it, it seems a little bit complex, not leaving DL any room to "customize" the room.
Thanks for the idea, it will take some time to implement those, I am away for the weekend, so sometime during next week.

Level 12
Actually, I got an idea for another map and I am stuck with that idea for a while( the Space Engineers, which already are in my signature), so I am stopping DL for about a week, until I finish some sort of SE alpha (it uses some simmilar systems as DL, I will post a thread for it later today)
Thanks for the offer, you are already helping with your ideas, and I am currently not looking for anyone to "do my job for me":grin:

Level 12
I don't know... I am not that much into sci-fi. It would be tempting to create something like this, but it would need some original ideas (at least on the "heroes" side). I'll see if I can think of something. However I am afraid I'll have to create Space Engineers 2 first, that fits the theme at best (unless there are some technical diffuculties, maybe it won't be possible)