• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy Casting Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
So heres the problem, Im trying to get a dummy to cast cloud over an area.
The trigger works fully, dummy spawns properly bla bla.

However the cloud never does appear, any ideas how to cast Cloud properly?

Last edited:
Level 23
Maybe the cast range of cloud is less then then targeted point, or dummy has no time to cast cloud, also check mana cost, and as far as i remember normal Cloud has a requirement which you must upgrade.

Well the dummy casts sloud on it own location so cast range is not an issue.

The dummy lives as long as the duration of cloud, so thats not it either.

Mana cost is set to 0

Requirement has been removed.

Level 12
Maybe there's a problem with trigger, before every action paste the action - Game Text that reads when action runs some number, if some number will be skipped you will know that problem is before that text, or you modified the dummy, some field that player serious role in this situation.

Level 23
Well tried it and its not a problem with the trigger.

Ive replaced the dummy with a non locusted unit to see how the unit actually behaves and I can confirm its not casting Cloud.

Im starting to think its a hardcoded problem.

Level 23
I don't think that it's hardcoded problem, hmmm... try to give that dummy spell to some other unit like Paladin and with trigger order him to cast, if the hero casts then problem with your dummy.

I also tried that with everything from grunts to tauren and sadly still doesnt work. It works if i manually select the unit and then cast the ability.

Level 23
[
  • Volatile Mix Deto
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Volatile Mix
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set TempUnit = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Volatile Cloud to TempUnit
      • Unit - Order TempUnit to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Cloud TempPoint
      • Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempUnit
      • Set Damageamount = (30.00 + ((Real((Hero level of Char_Jared))) x 15.00))
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 250.00 of TempPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to The_Nightmare)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Char_Jared to damage (Picked unit), dealing Damageamount damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\BlackKeeperMissile\BlackKeeperMissile.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has buff Stinging Blade ) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Damageamount = ((Damageamount / 5.00) x (Real((Current research level of Catalyst [1/5] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))))))
              • Unit - Cause Char_Jared to damage (Picked unit), dealing Damageamount damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
Ok thats it, anything below the first few lines is irrelevant.

Level 12
Then the problem is with editor, i already told that i has similar problem where i got problem with casting spell too, i needed to create 12 Shokwaves in different angles which would form a circle, but in map where i created it the spell only casted few Shokwaves.
And after days of discussion the only solution was to re-install the editor, didn't do it because have no installation.
So try to re-install, if all should work fine as you say.

Level 8
Kino,

I had the exact same problem with my map. I'm pretty sure it's a hardcoded problem with the cloud. Although, somehow, they were able to do it in DotA Allstars (Rikimaru's smokescreen), but I just gave up and went with Silence with a cloud effect :p. The map is in my sig, if you are interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.