• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DudeSpirit's music

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Great, another music talent :D

I like your style (almost original :). Your mastering is almost perfect. I see you put a lot of work and heart (not to mention patience) in your creations. You are a sensible person :D, at least that's what your music tells me and a bit melancholic maybe :p.
I also like combining orchestral with electronic genres.
Propellerhead Reason's orchestral cymbals are ugly for my ears.

Downbeat Sewerbeat - Sounds a bit like Frank Klepachi's style (Dune 2, C&C and Red Alert OST creator).
Most Magical - Resembles a bit to Thomas Newman's style.
RetroNeverLetGo - Kind of funky in Mario's World :p.
Surfing Jaguars - What programs did you use for this one ? Remake it in Reason ;). Make it sound more non-digital.
Zero Hour - Not really my kind of imagining space, but it works for a futuristic journey on a distant planet :D.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Your new stuff is great - hopefully this upload source is more reliable, I'd say my favorite of the new works is either the Sewer one of Zero Hour - man, all your work pretty much reminds me that I seriously could use some virtual instrument upgrades, you have any suggestions of ones that are particularly useful?

ThereWolf, as Dude said he was using Reason 4, Logic Pro 9 (ACHTUNG !: Mac only) and Sibelius (which I definitely must try, I saw it's about musical notes which I don't really use while I just use my ears :D).
Propellerhead's Reason 4 is a great digital music creator. I use it too. The bad part is you'll have to find/buy a lot of refills to increase and improve your sound samples/quality.
If you don't have a midi controller (digital piano) you could use Fruity Loops (FL studio) or some Native Instruments products like: Pro-5, FM7. Using these you can play notes pressing the computer keyboard buttons.

And DudeSpirit please repair your double posting (I understand you don't have much time to spend on Hive, but try).

Last edited:
Level 19
Ah nice a Logic Pro user.
I'm using Cubase.
I think Logic is the best program to use, Cubase 2nd.
I luckily got Cubase from my school. If I had to buy it it costs like 500 euro. Logic is free if you got a macbook right?

ThereWolf, as Dude said he was using Reason 4, Logic Pro 9 (ACHTUNG !: Mac only) and Sibelius (which I definitely must try, I saw it's about musical notes which I don't really use while I just use my ears :D).
Propellerhead's Reason 4 is a great digital music creator. I use it too. The bad part is you'll have to find/buy a lot of refills to increase and improve your sound samples/quality.

It's not the DAW I need replacing, it's the Virtual Instruments themselves - atm I've been using Xpand!2 for most of my work, which came free with Pro Tools. Reason is the virtual instrument he's been using, but he may also be running some other instruments too - I don't know how vast the roles Reason is able to play. (hmmm unless I've gotten Logic and Reason mixed up).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Ah nice a Logic Pro user.
I'm using Cubase.
I think Logic is the best program to use, Cubase 2nd.
I luckily got Cubase from my school. If I had to buy it it costs like 500 euro. Logic is free if you got a macbook right?

Actually Logic Pro is the most expensive for its renown sound fidelity.
How about Cubase ? Isn't it for mixing, mastering and editing ? Does it have virtual instruments and composing properties too ?

@ThereWolf: Reason's sounds may feel silly midi at first but you must modify/edit them using compressors, equalizers, reverb and delay modules. Check it out on propellerhead.se (you'll see how easy it makes the work).
I see Xpand 2 sounds good. I'll check it out.

Level 19
Actually Logic Pro is the most expensive for its renown sound fidelity.
How about Cubase ? Isn't it for mixing, mastering and editing ? Does it have virtual instruments and composing properties too ?

@ThereWolf: Reason's sounds may feel silly midi at first but you must modify/edit them using compressors, equalizers, reverb and delay modules. Check it out on propellerhead.se (you'll see how easy it makes the work).
I see Xpand 2 sounds good. I'll check it out.

You can add your own sounds to Cubase.
I got a soundmodule from the 80's. Some sounds in it sound really really awesome. But some sound really... odd... It's cool if you like making very very very kitch disco music:p
But well. Friends of me use Cubase with some samples.
Cubase is like the Logic version for PC's.
And yeah Logic is probably even more expensive, but my entire school has it on their macbooks, so I thought it mightve been included if you get a macbook or something.

Level 6
I'm so glad someone mention Thomas Newman here. ^^ Definately one of my biggest inspirators to my compositions.

I'll try and fix the double posting, in where do you see double posting btw? I'm not sure if i can delete them either, right?

I made 'The Surfing Jaguars' back in the days with FL Studio 8 i believe.
I'd pretty much have to make it from the scratch if i wanted to remake it.

I'd say that FL Studio is a really good choice for a starter, it's easy to adapt, yet it's so very powerful.

I'm sorry about this late reply but here it goes, more music on the way and thanks for all the feedback! :)

Level 7
DudeSpirit your music is really good ^.^ i was wondering if i could use morning assassin for my map. I think it would fit perfectly with it.

Level 6
Well you can PM me if they're not downloadable, i don't know, with some leet skills they could be downloaded.

I can send the songs personally, when i have the time.

@OrangeAngel Yes, you can use, just please, put me in the credits. Also, I would love to see where/which part of the map you're using my song.

Level 6
Uhh, I've been asked many times to send me my music.. I'm currently really busy working full-time as a studio technician, and composing on free time. Duty calls in january 2011, and i'll try and upload all my finished tracks here before i go.

Thanks for all the positive comments, i wish i had more time, but hopefully I'll have more time after I've 'completed' army.

Indeed there's always a way to download other's music without permission nowadays, that's why I'll definately make them downloadable in the future.

Level 6
Uploaded the first track since the thread remake.
More coming soon, this is a test of sort, to check the reliability of the new uploading-site.

Level 15
Apologies for the necro but DudeSpirit can no longer be reached and the link to the repository in the OP containing the tracks is long broken. In the case anybody else has any of the original tracks and could kindly provide them to the rest of us, it would be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.