• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dryad Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have the same problem...

I have the same problem but with the "Chaos Grunt" unit. The new skin wont show, and I've replaced the path so its the same but with a new skin... How come it wont change to the new skin that I've made? (The path is right.)

Level 3
Sorry, but I didn't really understand what you meant... Shall I import it first, then delete it and import it again?

Level 12
No, the expansion dryad model, which is what you are using I assume, uses a different texture than the RoC portrait model which the expansion model uses. So you have to either import the texture for both the RoC and TFT version or switch it to use the RoC dryad model and just import the RoC path.

Level 3
Its still not working :cry: The Chaos Grunt unit is a RoC model and there's no update for it in TFT.

My problem... The Chaos Grunt seems impossible to change skins on!! I add the new skin with the same path as the original chaos grunt but the old skin is the only that appear...

1. I have the correct path... Checked that 100 times now.

2. I've tried to change the path to Textures\ChaosGrunt.blp, and it didn't work.

3. I've imported it, saved and closed the editor, restarded it and nothing happens.

4. I've searched for the path in the "Warcraft 3 Viewer" but the path it says (Textures\ChaosGrunt.blp) doesn't work.

Why does this happen? I've made a new skin to "Medivh" and it works perfectly but this just wont work out for me... Please help!

Level 3
Here's the shot:
costumunitkk5.jpg

Last edited:
Level 3
I tried it again and it wont work :( It says "Can not find/locate...".

I really appreciate your help friend and I understand if you have had it now :S

Level 3
I tried your idea but still it doesn't work :cry: Could you try to just change skin on a Chaos Grunt yourself? It wont work for me to reskin that unit :S

Level 3
Sorry for keep asking but I just dont get it :confused: Is it something wrong with the Chaos Grunt? Every other skins I make works, but when I change skin to the chaos grunt it wont show and such...

Someone having a similar problem?

Level 10
I probably shouldn't post in this topic or whatever, but make sure you have the proper model path for the chaos grunt. In the import manager, set the path of the skin to Textures\ChaosGrunt.blp, and for the model path in the unit editor, either scroll down to the right model, or set the path to units\demon\ChaosGrunt\ChaosGrunt.mdl.

Try this, because I'm pretty sure in your screenshot, you're changing the model path to textures\ChaosGrunt instead of the TEXTURE path.

Level 6
The model path does matter if you have it wrong. It says "Cannot load Textures\ChaosGrunt.mdl" in that last screenshot. That is not the the correct path to the chaos grunt model, like Technomancer says.

Status
Not open for further replies.