1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Droid Gunship

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Next up in my Star Wars-series is the CIS HMP Gunship. It is one of the less known CIS vessels, as it was only featured briefly in the movies (during the invasion of Kashyyk), but it was a playable vehicle in Battlefront II, and in my opinion one of the coolest ground vessels in the separatist army. The best part about this ship is that it's generic nature means that it can be used in a variety of different maps not related to Star Wars.

Its scale is large when compared to the spaceships, but quite small if you compare it to most ground units (which you propably want to do). As a ground unit, i use it with the scale 1.4. Like with the other models, it looks cooler if you set the turning speed low and the object interpolation high, for more smooth movement. This one also comes with sprite attachment points, which means it will start burning when damaged (remove these in magos model editor if the effect is not desired).

If you want it to have a laser attack, use "attack 1", and for a missile attack use "attack 2". There is also a barrage animation named "spell slam". Tomorrow i will upload a custom missile model for this.

Keywords:
Gunship, hovercraft, CIS, star wars, separatist, trade federation, kashyyk, missile, laser, space, fighter, ship
Contents

Droid Gunship (Model)

Reviews
12:21, 22nd Mar 2015 Misha: one more superb CIS model, i see :)
  1. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the review! I appreciate the feedback, adding fire particles to the missile launch is a good point and i will see to it that this is done. However, i disagree on the idea of adding missiles - although you did a great job on animating the hammerhead, i think adding missiles into the model kinda limits it to use only that missile model, and also there is the issue of users being forced to sync your projectile launch point to that of the animation, and even then it might look off. Something i could have done though is to make the "tip" of the missile dissapear from the pod when it launches, but i decided against this in order to save space. Having the gun spheres swivel would also be cool, aswell as add some more motion to the animation, but consider that it is hard to add proper shading to them if they are to be moving, and i also feel like it is too late now. I can also understand criticism on the textures of all my starwars models - i opted for a cartoony style simply because it is easier and faster to produce, but i realize that this has many drawbacks in terms of fitting in.

About the animation: even though the gunship is very stable in most renditions of it, it is important for animators to add motions even to motionless things, especially in strategy games where they will be seen at a distance. This is often evident in blizzards models - the undead air barge and goblin zeppelin are good examples.

2. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ''i think adding missiles into the model kinda limits it to use only that missile model''

ok granted I had assumed this would only shoot its model built missiles. didn't think you'd need to to shoot other kinds of missiles.

''and also there is the issue of users being forced to sync your projectile launch point to that of the animation, and even then it might look off''

I didn't have this problem, but then, you can use math for the beginning missile projectile x/y/z for its birth in the unit data combat I think, I messed around extensively with the nightelf chimeria, which has very, very, very odd projectile birth co-ordinates, so usually I just use the 0/0/100 tactic, the one hundredth of a second was never ''really'' off. that ones you're call my personal preference. I guess it does take a few in game tests to get it right.

''but consider that it is hard to add proper shading....''

pfffffffft shading shmading it looks beautiful as it is even with swiveling guns with no textured shading. I think it looks quite nice.

''Something i could have done though is to make the "tip" of the missile dissapear from the pod when it launches, but i decided against this in order to save space''

well, I found you have most of you're un seen ''space'', in those under side tubes, perhaps those could use some simplification, bare minimum some welding, because jesus 800 polys for those tubes? DAAAAAAAAAAAYUM

3. Grey Knight

Grey Knight

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wait I remember these model look like a Tau Ship in Warhammer SoulStorm