1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dreamvale 2.0i

Submitted by Kino
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
DREAMVALE - Download
Date: 2010
Genre(s): Tactics CRPG
Players: 1-4

Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams.
Where men never wake and time stands still.

Overview
Build a team of heroes and battle through 7 levels of arcade-y mayhem to escape the land of your nightmares.

Author's Notes
If you like tactical combat, but dislike everything else about RPG's, you may like this.
Just maybe.
It's not very good.

Changelogs

- As there will unlikely be anymore updates, Ive rolled-back the map to the last fully working version.

Keywords:
Dreamvale, Dream, Warchasers, Jungle, Green, Dungeon, Ruins, Dungeon Crawler
Contents

Dreamvale 2.0i (Map)

1. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Release Version 1.0
    -------------------

Changelog is in the first post as usual.

2. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map Name: Dreamvale

Concept
    What is this map about?
    Dreamvale is a dungeon crawler about dreamrealms..
    It has little new features to bring to the genre but it's a good one nonetheless.
    Nothing more to say about that!
    Final Rating: 4

Visual
    How does this map look?
    Now this is where the Dreamvale stands out, I've played some dungeon crawlers.
    Alot of which have better terrains, with some exceptions.
    But the funny thing about Dreamvale is: it looks so awesome,
    yet it does not visually lag on slower systems! I've been a fan of your terraining
    since I played Necropolis, and I still am, marvelous!
    Final Rating: 5

Gameplay
    How does this map feel?
    Some dungeon crawlers have less systems, making it feel like Warchasers, some have to much,
    making it feel like a rpg. Dreamvale has different areas, fast-paced gameplay (stories are told, but they do not get boring),
    talent trees and well balanced heroes, it could use some more though!
    Final Rating: 4

Replayability
    Is this worth playing again?
    Considering the fact it's hard to beat, even on easy, and the coolness of playing through it with different heroes, I'd say yes!
    I would love to replay Dreamvale over and over and over again.
    Final Rating: 5

Rating
    This will be the the sum of all ratings divided by 4.

Final Note
    You probably will, but I'm just saying: add more heroes and items!

3. -BLOOD_BATH-

-BLOOD_BATH-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha! More good and good per updates! This become one of my "Favourite WarCraftIII Maps"! :xxd:
    I having fun with my friends, and that's time I'm really happy, play awesome map with friends.
    Hmmm... your map inspire me to create a map, maybe when I'm 17+.
    +REP for you to create an awesome and "inspirating" map. :thumbs_up:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT : Aw, man. "You must spread some reputation first before giving it to Kino again."

4. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ----
    More of a fix version than anything, redid some of Assaj's abilities to make him more manageable.

5. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Me and my gf play together and we were stuck at .. that siege the city or something map, we had to pick one of 2 bosses but got owned in 3 seconds by our pick.

6. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you pick the left boss (the blue one) or the right boss (the green un).

7. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We picked greeny

8. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kay, heres a strategy I used for Nglash...
    He doesnt scale very well with players I must admit, but hes definitely doable 2 man.

The trick of the fight is to bunch up together to dampen out his locust swarm damage. You should try to stay close together as much as you can.

Try to keep him in one of the corners, so when he starts life draining you can run freely to the other side and out of range.

If he drops a plague cloud just move away.

His ult scatters people around the room, so you just bunch up again when its over.

Nglash is easily the hardest boss in Dreamvale right now but hes doable thats for sure.
    Oh btw I have a bunch of suggestions for TAT, but its getting late now so Ill send the tommorrow.

9. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, you go send them >:3

10. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yo dawg,

I like what you did with the catapult.
    We actually made it to the last realm this time - got killed there like dogs though.
    Anyway love the changes - good game got better!

11. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Love to hear that, anyway Ill be honest and tell you that at the moment I have no strategy for beating Assaj right now.
    At the same time he is extremely difficult for being the end boss of the whole game, so I dont really want to make him easier.
    Im not saying he cant be beaten, just that I havent been able to beat him yet.

In essence Assaj is a combination of many of the earlier bosses. Requires you to dodge his spells as well being able to manage the sheer number of spawns he has. The only so called revolutionary mechanic he has are those vampiric circles which heal the boss and spawn more skeletons if the boss is standing in one.

12. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I couldn't attack the altar thingies and all of the sudden BOOM we died.
    Also!
    Effects don't recycle.
    My gf played that druid guy and his thundercloud effect and the tree of life kept existing.

13. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dont really get what youre saying. Does that mean they last forver?

14. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, the effect of the tree of life wears of, it doesn't heal.
    But at some point there were like 15 trees just standing around in the area..
    And the little clouds were lingering in the air. A fun sight, but it's a bug :p

15. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yah Ill get down to fixing it :p.

But did this happen all the time or only after a certain time?

16. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    From the start.

EDIT: Send me a screenshot of the minimap so I can draw a custom one just to see how it looks ;)

17. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay...

Also I dotn really want a custom minimap, Im much happier leaving it black.
    If you really wanna draw something, a project banner like yours will be nice :)

18. Isdariel

Isdariel

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Excellent map! Thanks for providing many hours of fun gameplay. :)

One issue though:
    I am/we are stuck at the last boss. We've read every tip and tried everything we could think off, but the boss just does his yellow-lightning-ultimate and kills us. I'm aware we're supposed to destroy the obelisks somehow, but either they're bugged (on the same note, the quest for level 5 was not marked as finished for us) or we just don't get how we can do that since they stay invulnerable all the time. A little hint please? :)

Feedback on the difficulty:
    I've been playing it with three friends, all of them experienced in RPGs, stategic games and more reflex-based games (think Impossible Bosses) alike. We've started the game on easy and we did need about half a dozen attempts for the first level. Once we learned how to focus the nasty multi-target ones it became easier, but still. I liked it pretty much, better to need to try different strategies than to rush through the game at one try, but I didn't expect it to be that hard on "easy" mode with a (in my opinion) quite strong team of players.

Level two took us several more tries - good thing we saved. Imho the most intresting level of all.

Level three took us *another* several attempts. The final boss was a cake though.

Level four was no challenge overall. Neither the banshee-start nor the bossfight did really endager anyone. Beaten at first attempt.

Level five provided a better challenge, but it was still way easier than level 1-3, mostly because you have all the time you need to destroy the towers. It was pretty exhausting until we realized that we don't lose with the siege engine destroyed though. So it got destroyed, we took all the time we needed and beat it at first attempt.

Level six: See above. Some tries and still no clue. :)

19. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yah this is a known issue right, Ill be redoing most his abilities anyway next version, so fingers crossed. :X

Thanks for the feedback there. Ill up the difficulty of the 3rd and 4th levels.

The fifth level is more like a time trial, you have all the time in the world to finish it. Its up to you how fast you want to. I might increase the monster strength over time so that taking too long will result in death.

20. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you need help with fixing stuff just ask your friendly friend :D