1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dreamvale 2.0i

Submitted by Kino
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
DREAMVALE - Download
Date: 2010
Genre(s): Tactics CRPG
Players: 1-4

Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams.
Where men never wake and time stands still.

Overview
Build a team of heroes and battle through 7 levels of arcade-y mayhem to escape the land of your nightmares.

Author's Notes
If you like tactical combat, but dislike everything else about RPG's, you may like this.
Just maybe.
It's not very good.

Changelogs

- As there will unlikely be anymore updates, Ive rolled-back the map to the last fully working version.

Keywords:
Dreamvale, Dream, Warchasers, Jungle, Green, Dungeon, Ruins, Dungeon Crawler
Contents

Dreamvale 2.0i (Map)

1. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ill try to make it more obvious.

2. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it still active? i think you gone already.

3. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, I just took a few months off.

I don't like to work on one map for too long hence I stopped for abit.

4. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1.4b

Fixed a few bugs.

5. Solidus Blitz

Solidus Blitz

Resources:
    Resources:
    A really nice map you have here.Nice terrain and the Heroes abilities are very good.The only thing is the creeps is a little too strong(for me i guess) and the models you used are a bit weird.....Also,better check your spellings in the game.(In the Hero description)Other than that nice map.Reps for u.++++++

6. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Explain this a little more.
    You gotta tell me where it is.

7. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it not weird , it look like fantasy - warcraft 3 model. For creep, you can change your difficulty before starting the game.

but for me , creep in Act 3 [multi-poison colors] it really tough because we died in every times when we play this act and we don't know how to

conquest this act although read the description many times.

8. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dude, the poison level is gone entirely....

Sorry, read your post wrongly.

You need to find Almyst, he leaves a huge trail of dust where ever he goes.
    You then need to splat the others monsters above the dust trail for him to unburrow.

9. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    You then need to splat the others monsters < i don't get it . .

10. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You kill them on the dust trail, or near it at least.

11. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    He said he want you to improve map description such as screenshot, map description, storyline in game because two lines of story , it look poor. Tell more story about what the story look like, what is inside the ancient city that you told them in the story. He want storyteller.

Note = i didn't get any game crash from this maps so i think it's your problems.

12. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well Ive never had the game crash for anyone so its not a problem with the map I think.
    As for the story, its ingame. The whole Dreamvale storyline would probably be over a page long summarised.
    Il update the screens soon.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  13. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Kino,
    we tried it once again, since you've patched 1.5... But honestly some bosses are behaving odd like hell. The first boss (and we played on test and easy mode, which only affects health points i guess?!) just killed my windarcher, i even stayed far behind and ran instantly away with this particular speedboosting skill of her, all for nothing, the boss still hit me with his snake ward attacks, bouncing from teammate to teammate dealing indredible damage 0o...

Well with the second try we barely finished him...
    Then we approached the demonhunter boss, which is spawning meteors on the ground and let me tell you they surely fall like instantly xD and what's really funny is, that i used my speedboost once again without effect. Well maybe i was just unlucky, but all together it doesn't meet up with the maps quality:

Great terrain, hero concepts and overall atmosphere.

I guess that's it for now, with tryharding it all could be solved, maybe? But is that what you intended with this project?...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  14. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ive redone alot this version gameplay wise. The bonus sparks are just an extra threat to balance out ranged heroes since otherwise they deal with him way too easily.

The key thing to watch for the redone bosses is that they all now feature an energy bar.
    And quite obviously, bad stuff happens when it hits 100.
    Sikhar blasts every hero regardless of range for 150ish damage that increases with difficulty when he hits 100.
    You just need to make sure you have enough energy to survive that blast.

Well, Rhayme is the only boss that remains untouched. Everything he does now is no different than before. So I cant say anything here.

Im not sure what you mean by it doesnt meet up with the map's quality

If youre asking, the end goal for Dreamvale is to...
    a) Finish the storyline
    b) Make it really challenging tactically
    c) Make it more Intuitive, more player intuition and less being told what needs to be done.

Now on the topic of tryharding, Im not too sure what exactly youre getting at.
    If your attmepting every strategy possible and failing then perhaps the game is too hard.
    If you mean that victory can be obtained by just randomly steamrolling and hoping for the best then its too easy IMO.

Im not sure if thats what you meant, care to clarify?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  15. Okay, I see I've wrote stuff about this map before. But this is a new version so I'll just ask and say what I have to say again.

Rocks!
    Like people in earlier posts said, you worked your ass off for the map. Strangely, I read the entire comment section and I saw not one person bit intrigued about the secrets.

I killed them all!
    With cheats of course. Let's be honest, I barely kill Rhayne or whatever his name is. But I did it to scour secrets. Let's see how much I found, and I'd love if you could spoil me fun and tell me about the stuff I didn't found or didn't understood.

Level 1
    -Found the Red Tree, got the item, killed Sikhar and challenged the what's his name... got some Sigil +3 Agility +2 Damage I think
    -Found Timolo or whatever the name was... he gave me a scroll for +2 armor (btw you misspell armor for armour. Its Armor :p)

Level 2
    -Didn't find crap. Looked in the corners, the pond with the boat, behind trees and stuff... Nothing

Level 3
    -Didn't find crap. Looked at the spider eggs, behind trees, in the cauldron o_O ... Nothing

Level 4
    -Found Pipe, the ghostly troll. He was smoking the hella-hella and ignored the crap out of me.
    -Besides that, found nothing

Level 5
    -Gravekeeper is stingy ass mfker! I beat the boss in 1 hit and he gives me nothing, just tells me to get lost. The Prick!

-Found 2 NPC's that wouldn't tell me crap. One was Miro and the other was a ghost that I barely recognized I guess you really really worked to blend her to be undetectable. Pretty please why they no talk to me?

Level 6
    -Found Timolo and Mirana (they cannot be missed I know) and tried to give Timolo the item he gave me at Level 1. Bastard pretended I didn't exist...
    -Found Ja... something... the girl with the Jaina model. She also saw through me like thin air. Why they no talk to me??? :p

Level 7
    - I killed the Moab in 2 hits (imagine that, whosyourdaddy FAIL!!!)
    -Found another Red Tree. It dropped no item. Awwww wanted another challenge...

GAME OVER!
    I win! Found all the 5/100 secrets... fail...

16. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is a red tree somewhere on the southern shore of the map.
    fyi. There is a red tree on every level.

Theres is a secret npc somewhere in the north.

Some NPC's are character specific, they will only whisper to you if you are playing a certain character.

17. Hm, I see. Well I didn't seem to locate that red tree on every level. But now that I know I'll try and find them.

Btw, any other spoilers for the secrets? I expected more response, but you only told me for 3 levels?

18. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I could pm you the answer to everything, but thats your call.

19. EternaLife

EternaLife

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As soon as I picked a hero, I am confronted by a huge cran who kill me easily, without having any chance to prepare for the fight.

Maybe you should put the crab a bit further away from the hero spawn point??

20. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What crab?