• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DREAMLORD Episode I.

Dreamlord
Episode I.

12th century - Ireland
Shane Scarlight, a lonely but pretty wealthy young man decides to take some rest on a chair few meters from his house. The view is spectacular, the wind blows lightly, and the only thing that interrupts the total quietness is the intense, loud song the birds sing. In less than 10 minutes our hero falls asleep. Soon after he wakes up, but in a much more fascinating place...

Game Type: Campaign/Adventure/Action/Cinematic
Maximum Players: 1
Difficulty: You decide
Average Game Time: 130-260 minutes
File Size: 12 Mbs
Version: Gold

***Fixed some small glitches!***

Keywords:
Dreamlord, Campaign, Cinematic, Adventure, Action
Contents

DREAMLORD Episode I. (Campaign)

Reviews
10:21, 14th Oct 2008 VGsatomi: Approved. A very engrossing campaign. An involving storyline complete with smooth 3rd person camera work makes this a really good quality campaign. Good terrain effects- not too much so where it slows down the game. Use...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Cool.
Some minor grammar errors. Should deselect units while in cinematic mode. And should make units stop their current order (use another unit for cinematic).
Where did you take the music from ? Apart from the last one with lyrics.

Level 20
My Map Review:
(+) Good campaign with great cinematic concepts
(+) Good companion order system (Keep up the good works!)
(+/-) Great rune items, but there are no custom items with permanent effect
(+/-) The Event Circles are sometimes hard to find
(-) When you complete a level, it goes to the Main Screen...
(-) You need an ending cinematic

Level 2
Pretty awesome work, but that desert mission drives me insane :|
Can you tell me how to get through that force wall?
Good work!!

Level 1
Hello everyone.
Is it possible that this campaign doesn't work with other language versions of the game?
I select the campaign it shows me in the infoscreen (with episode 1 and 2, not 3), that the author is unknown, the campaign has 0 missions, difficulty level is normal and the campaign picture is a question mark on blue background. The name of the first campaign is written in a purple color, the name of the second one in red, the third one in cyan.
My game version is 1.26, german language. When I try to start the campaign the whole display gets black and I see the message "Another Warcraft-III-campaign" written in german (original message: Noch eine Warcraft-III-Kampagne).

I have the same problem (except that the name is written in white) with the campaign "the Adventures of Roman the Wise".

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hey can you please tell me where did you get these songs and who is the original artist?
-Herat 7 by ERH
-Long String
-Moaning Wipe by DJ Chronos
-Negative Future by ERH
-Nine Lies the Heart by ERH
Searched the net but with not very much success.

Level 6
how the hell am I supposed to kill orthyus? I cannot attack when he flies

He flies down after some time, just run around.

(I just realized I replied to a post made way back 2011)

hey after i found the energy artifact what should i do?
I go out the orythus say something then nothing happened?

Go out again, there's a circle outside the entrance to the fortress or whatever you call it.

Now I have a question of my own, how the hell do I freaking beat Chapter 10? Tried activating all the firewalls and picking up all the red crystals and it's still hard. Can't win by just beating her out.

Nevermind figured it out myself. I just didn't realize the crystals did something.

Now for a review. (There will be spoilers)

-The game is nice
-The Mechanics is unique
-The story is okay
-The overall terrain of the game suits the game well
-Overall a good map right here.

Though the game does poses some downsides.

-Some stuff weren't fully explained(I didn't know opening doors required mana+some other stuff)
-Parts of the story were heavily skipped and unexplained(His rise to power wasn't fully explained)
-There's not sort of rewards for the players aside from finishing the game(There are no items, nor can you level up, nor are there unlockable anything or sidequests and stuff like that. It's as straightforward as it can get)
-Camera goes wild/doesn't go the way I want it to most of the time
-Cutscenes when using skills is sometimes annoying.
-Some parts of the campaign, when finished, goes out to the single player menu screen as some have already mentioned. It's quite annoying.

Still, I'll give it a 4/5. Would've been a 5/5 but the story's not really well explained. It feels so rushed IMO. I feel like a freaking big chunk of the story was cut. First he was being taught how use magic around Dreamland, then second he's already the most feared Nightmare in the place, then surprisingly the twist was badly executed, it was kinda forced IMO.

I love the look of the last level though, that Snowy Homeland that feels like it's disconnected from reality or something cause everything's uprooted.

And even with all the negative stuff the game has, I recommend everyone to play it and try it out.

Last edited:
Level 2
I played this campaign a few times & I find that the camera r WAAAAY too glitchy cuz sometimes it jus auto zooms into the ground & I can't c shit. Its like as if the camera is goin into a spasm kinda thing. Wud u b able 2 fix the problem please. Many thanx. :)

Last edited:
Level 5
This campaign is so well made, the decision of the camera behind the main hero is something different comparing it to other campaigns I played with the same camera angles, the story is well made, every chapter is short, and the last mission is so good, it made me feel a little scared, nice atmosphere. I rate 5/5