• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DreamEater2.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Third skin, 100% freehand, give credits if used, do not modify without permission, blah blah blah.

Updated to look better, since Hawk said please. Oo

Updated, gave thos gimpy wings some chutzba.

Updated again, dulled the hue of the wings and spine webbings, toned the shadows and highlights.

Updated: toned, toned, a little toned, and toned again.

Keywords:
Dream, Eater, Faerie, Dragon, Evil, Demon, nightmare, dark, bat
Contents

DreamEater (Texture)

Reviews
15:38, 2nd Sep 2008 Hawkwing: Requested changes were not made. Kimberly: The wings look far too out of place, basic and boring, the colour is the issue. The body of the skin is also very flat. Fix these up please.

M

15:38, 2nd Sep 2008
Hawkwing: Requested changes were not made.

Kimberly: The wings look far too out of place, basic and boring, the colour is the issue. The body of the skin is also very flat. Fix these up please.

Level 12
I have the original from before I lightened it, I can spin off differently before that.

I think lightening the whole thing is what screwed me up so badly, because the holes got lightened too.

This time I'm going to change the wings to an insect type of thing, because the wings seem to be what's making the whole thing seem very sloppy.

EDIT: Is there a way to make a texture transparent, but still slightly visible?

I've been trying to do this for the wings, but it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
EDIT: Is there a way to make a texture transparent, but still slightly visible?

I've been trying to do this for the wings, but it doesn't seem to work.

Alpha, but if yo make models. and also...models need to be very, very diferent that the original one. i have some good ideas myself, but i can't get the damn program to work:cry:

Level 34
Ok, here's new comment for this, I see you changed this a lot since from the start:

GOOD
[+] It's changed to better since last time ^^
[+] Wings look amazing
[+] Looks kinda real
[+] Hand on the unwrap also looks great
[+] Red thing on tail looks also great
[+] And the face looks good

BAD
[-] ''Ears'' need some outline
[-] Back is kinda messy, and blurry a bit

NEUTRAL
[=] Partciples that model is using don't really match with the skin :(
[=] It would be better if wings have some tiny holes on some places
[=] Use some other colors too, especially on those... let's call it ''holes'', on the back and rest of the body

RESULT
4.75/5 - Great work StaberFire, fix the [-] and it will be perfect

FINAL RATE
5/5 - Highly Recommended

Level 12
You wouldn't believe how much effort I put into that red part on the tail.. about 6 seconds worth of work. =P

Anyways, you're right about the "ears" (I believe they are antennae, but what do I know about faeries?) they need some better definition.

I can try to make some holes in the wings and such, but I'm not too psyched about how it may turn out, the Dream Eater isn't really supposed to be undead so I'd like to keep it neat.

Lastly, I'm not quite sure what you mean about the back being messy, could you please clarify?

Thanks for the feedback. =B