Dreadlord

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Dreadlord.

Contents

Dreadlord (Model)

Dreadlord Portrait (Model)

Reviews
PROXY
Review: Amazing looking model and outstanding texture, but it has a few issues that need to be fixed. - There are a lot of old event objects that are not needed. While they do not appear to be triggered ingame, they still can cause issues. Please...
Level 2
Though this model, alongside its animations and portrait, looks a bit cringy, I’m thinking this is just a beta version.
There are some satyr animations I see. Hope you’ll be making its own unique ones.

Level 7
Though this model, alongside its animations and portrait, looks a bit cringy, I’m thinking this is just a beta version.
There are some satyr animations I see. Hope you’ll be making its own unique ones.
I think this model needs better animations and style. The model is very weird and bad. :\

Level 2
I think this model needs better animations and style. The model is very weird and bad. :\
That is actually what I’m trying to say. Also, like what @Lord_Marrowgrath said, this can be remade in the future.
I viewed the model in 3D and noticed some stand animations similar to the satyr ones. Hopefully, thoughts about what’s needed to be fixed, changed and replaced said by the others will be sated.

Level 31
Texture is on point as well as mesh (love team-glow on claws and hooves too). Method where you take a bunch of WC3 animations and compile them together kinda works, though your model needs more consistency with starting and ending frames of animations (like - those spell animations will look random as shit and starting with different frames doesn't help - the game adjusts keyframes to look more like each other, but it's meh). Also - there is a dire need for a re-rigged portrait.

His face is very pretty and HQ but lack of insides of the mouth and stitched lips do worsen the result.

The whole rigging of the model is to be improved upon, but it shouldn't be too much of a deal ingame. However his proportions and texture, while amazing, could look more Warcraft-3'ish.

Level 11
This model is very impressive, I love it. The main drawback I see is with some animations not smooth enough, especially Stand 2 and Stand Channel, and a little bit Stand 4. They look a bit mecanical, as said before. Apart from that, great job!

Archian

Site Director
Level 45
The model itself is wonderful. Outstanding texture work as always @Murlocologist ! And I see a portrait model :D Hurah!

However, testing the model in the editor I have to second what @JesusHipster said about animation frames. It's seriously off o_O Although you've choosen some really nice animations for it.

clipping.jpg

Also, come on man :D Tell us more about the progress or something instead of just writing:

Dreadlord.

Last edited:
Also, come on man :D Tell us more about the progress or something instead of just writing:
Description is straightforward because it just is a dreadlord. Three in lined rows of dots are there because description box requested at least 100 characters from me. As I explained to Ralle when he told me to write less random content in description box, my descriptions are not random.

Texture is drawn in gimp, than trial and error applied to mesh. Team glow is on wings, hands, legs and ribbon emitters.
Model is based on demon hunter's demon form and worked on in mdlvis. Animations are imported, balancing them all to have fluent transitions means a lot of work for which I don't have motivation at the moment. When imported, I already had to manually edit each frame of every imported animation because model's root position was not par with any of them. Not to mention afterwards lengthy editing of legs which appear glitched in some animations, however that has to do more with website viewer than with actual glitches of model.

Level 3
Looks really cool, but it cannot be used to replace game .mpq file :/, to replace teh vanilla Dreadlord :/

Description is straightforward because it just is a dreadlord. Three in lined rows of dots are there because description box requested at least 100 characters from me. As I explained to Ralle when he told me to write less random content in description box, my descriptions are not random.

Texture is drawn in gimp, than trial and error applied to mesh. Team glow is on wings, hands, legs and ribbon emitters.
Model is based on demon hunter's demon form and worked on in mdlvis. Animations are imported, balancing them all to have fluent transitions means a lot of work for which I don't have motivation at the moment. When imported, I already had to manually edit each frame of every imported animation because model's root position was not par with any of them. Not to mention afterwards lengthy editing of legs which appear glitched in some animations, however that has to do more with website viewer than with actual glitches of model.

Man could you make a version with regular dreadlord animations? I mean it is cool and everything and some of the animations are awesome but it really feels a bit off :/

Level 40
Review: Amazing looking model and outstanding texture, but it has a few issues that need to be fixed.

- There are a lot of old event objects that are not needed. While they do not appear to be triggered ingame, they still can cause issues. Please remove them and add appropriate ones for the right animations/keyframes.

- The attachment points are all only attached to the root bone, whereas some old "Alternate"-AP's are still attached to the bones. Please delete the wrong ones and assign the right ones accordingly.

- You either have to create another collision shape ontop of the already existing one or you have to make the existing one bigger - anyway, it needs to be done so the health bar works correctly ingame and does not glitch into the model.

- While the animations are ok and they work, please assign the correct start and ending frames (basically stand Ready for all Attack and spell animations) so not the game itself has to manage the transition, which can look weird sometimes.

- Not sure about the Omni light, but I'm not sure of it's purpose and I was able to trigger it on weird occasions ingame. Better to remove it.

- A real mouth for the portrait would look better, or at least some kind of visible transition (I know there is in fact a "mesh", but it still looks like his lips are somewhat glued together). Not needed for it to be approved though.

- You could have easily rewrapped the model so the texture would fit on a 256x256 file, considering the huge amount of empty space there is in the texture file. Not needed for it to be approved though.