1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

DranaiAkama.blp

Submitted by TheWabbajackX
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Another reskin of one of my favorite Warcraft characters Akama, matching his appearance in the Black Temple in The Burning Crusade. Personally, I think this one is better than my Teron Gorefiend skin but not as good as my Medivh skin. This was a really fun skin to experiment with and make a good looking Akama. The thing that throws me off is the Lost One model. It just doesn't work for me. I know that was Akama's original model, but I like his TBC model better. Tell me what you think.

Keywords:
World of Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne Akama Draenei Broken Lost One
Contents

DranaiAkama.blp (Texture)

Reviews
20:06, 26th Jul 2011 67chrome: The edits in this are to minor, you only changed the hue/saturation/brightness of the skin. Anyone with a few minutes of spare time and a solid art program can do that. To get a skin approved on this site you should add...
  1. 20:06, 26th Jul 2011
    67chrome: The edits in this are to minor, you only changed the hue/saturation/brightness of the skin. Anyone with a few minutes of spare time and a solid art program can do that. To get a skin approved on this site you should add a significant amount of work that no other person could easily do. I'd also recommend pulling up a reference picture of Akuma to get ideas on how to change the armor. Akuma's model doesn't have bumps and edges were his WC3 style armor is, you don't have to and shouldn't place his armor in exactly the same place.

I'd also highly recommend checking out the tutorials on this site for tips and techniques on how to make your own freehand content (a lot of them have good advice on free tools to use as well). Shoot for making 75% of the skin freehand content.

2. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    IMO, The armor is too black. Akama has lots of yellow and gray in his armor too. Plus, he had full body armor, so his chest wasn't showing if you want more ideas for edits.

3. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    when will you learn that the skins with such minor edits do not get approved?

pay a visit to the tutorial section

4. TheWabbajackX

TheWabbajackX

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Minor edit"? Did you even see the original skin?

5. TheWabbajackX

TheWabbajackX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with you on the "too much black" thing. I continued editing the model a bit and wanted to make his shoulders gold, but the part that is the shoulders also doubles as the top of his head. >_>

6. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

hmm...

7. TheWabbajackX

TheWabbajackX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Go look at my Medivh skin and then go look at the original. Same scenario.

8. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    all i see are crappy recolors and a few CnPs
    no texture, highlights nor shadows whatsoever
    there is no discussions here..

9. TheWabbajackX

TheWabbajackX

Resources:
    Resources:
    :vw_unimpressed: If there was no discussion here, then you would've been so sure of yourself and would not have felt the need to comment on this saying what you've already said. I'm open to any and all criticism, but what you're offering is not criticism. You're just being spiteful towards a newcomber who's relatively new to Warcraft skinning and PMSing all over the place. Simply because you're high maintenance about the skins you download and use AT YOUR LEISURE does not mean to hate on somebody that does this for fun and is very casual about skinning. My skins are very basic to make, yes, but I pay attention to the detail from the models I derive inspiration from and make sure it closely resembles the model inspired from as close as I can get. If you don't like my work, that's fine. Don't look at it, comment on it, download it, or anything, but don't hide behind your petty insults calling it "criticism". I'm a casual skinner and mapmaker. I'm not getting paid to do this, I'm not working for Blizzard, and I'm not entering a contest so I'm going to take everything I do in stride. However, that doesn't mean I'm not afraid to give a skin a total overhaul and go all out on the detail. It's only when I think I can do a lot better and when I have something brilliant planned for it. I worked hard on my skins, and I'm proud of them. I've done all I can with them and don't know what else to put into them. I never asked you to like my work. You don't have to, but don't expect me to respect you for acting like such an idiot. :thumbs_down:

10. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Honestly recolors like this are a lot more useful than some of the other skins on this site.

11. Ketsuno Anson

Ketsuno Anson

Resources:
    Resources:
    You double posted too. @splub,you still can submit these CnP skins to the forum in the 2d section