• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon Nest TD v1.82

♦ Dragon Nest TD v1.82 ♦

By GamerSmurf/Tyfoeus

Gameplay
[tr][/tr]
[tr]
- Select one of the Dragon eggs and defend it at a chosen location by building towers and maze
- 35 waves are spawning from one of 8 caves chosen at random and are ordered to attack your egg

Nature egg:

- Regenerate hit points
Fire egg:

- Increased damage to nearby towers
Earth egg:

- Increased hit points
Water egg:

- Decrease armor of nearby creeps
Ice egg:

- Decrease movement speed of nearby creeps
Wind egg:

- Resource reduction
Lightning egg:

- Increased attack speed to a nearby tower
Shadow egg:

- Explosion
Gold egg:

- Golden Shell

Each egg has advantages and disadvantages and some are better at early game or late game. Use the feature from your egg to exploit its advantages

Invite link to discord server for the map: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Screenshots
[tr]
full

full

full

full

full

full

[/tr]
[tr]

Features
[tr]
Minigame after wave 10 and 20
Bonus wave after wave 15 and 25
More than 25 great locations to defend your egg

Lumber can be used to research upgrades to help you survive or upgrading your opponents creeps(PvP mode)
In single player your creeps will automatically be upgraded during the waves
In multiplayer you can select the Last Man Standing mode where creeps are upgraded automatic for all players
[/tr]
[tr]

Credits
[tr]
Missile bouncing system created by Madhatters
Nature, Ice, Fire, Earth, Wind, Lightning and Water egg are created by Vortigon
Shadow egg created by alfredx_sotn
Gold egg created by Blizzard Entertainment
Demon Tower created by HappyTauren
Amethyst Tower created by Pyramidhe@d
Dragonmaw Rider created by Sellenisko
Shadow Elemental Tower created by icewolf055
Water strike icon created by Golden-Drake
Gust of Wind icon created by Sin'dorei300
Immolation icon created by siegkaworu
Slippery Terrain icon created by The Panda
Scratching icon created by Kimbo
Golden Shell icon created by Darkfang
GUI-Friendly Damage Detection v1.2.1 by Weep
Troll created by HappyTauren
Ignite breath icon created by 4eNNightmare
Summon Wolf icon created by Kimbo
Goblin Hovercraft created by Freddyk
Necromancer created by Sin'dorei300
Necromancer icon created by D.ee
Lightning Totem icon created by Raging Ent
Berserker Tower created by Skipper
Berserker Tower icon created by NFWar
Mo'arg Overlord by FerSZ, Murlocologist
BTNNaturesWrath icon created by -Berz-
Ancient Warrior created by Darkholme
Enhanced egg upgrade by Darky29
Witch Doctor created by ironmaiden
Firelord created by Tarrasque
Firelord icon created by kola
Voidwalker attack effect created by Mythic
Gul'dan created by Tauer

Loading screen picture found at Dragon nest - Desktop Nexus Wallpapers
[/tr]
[tr]

Changelog
[tr]
Dragon Nest TD v1.82
- Changed Evolution Tower model so it works in Classic too
- Added a Boss Barracks in Last Man Standing and Single player
- Increased damage and cost of the last levels of Animal Tower

Dragon Nest TD v1.81
- Added Evolution Tower
- Changed Gul'dan tower a bit
- Added a kick command for red

Dragon Nest TD v1.80
- Unit/tower sizes have been adjusted to Reforge graphics.
- Added Gul'dan tower
- Witch Doctor now gains mana for creeps from War Mill too but requires 60 mana
- The chosen mode is now visible in the multitable
- Skeletal mage summons wards close to attack point rather them at attacked unit

Dragon Nest TD v1.79
- Added Champion waves
- Possible to add specific creeps to opponents in PvP
- Added starting bonus and removed random starting bonus chance
- Added Voidwalker Tower
- Changed terrain a bit
- Creep walk speed 340 --> 400
- Increased cost and damage of Aqua Tower
- Small buff to Ancient Tower
- Building close to creeps(Range of 400) is now activated after wave 1

Dragon Nest TD v1.78
- Added 5 more waves
- Fixed Witch Doctor tower mana trigger
- Buffet Shaman tower and Wyrm tower
- Changed Firelord tower
- Added ability to Arrow tower
- Changed Life regen and Unholy upgrades(now requires wave 20)
- Minor terrain updates
- Balanced egg upgrade prizes

Dragon Nest TD v1.76
- Each egg can now be upgraded
- Added a Minimap image(Created by TDSrock)
- Added Witch Doctor Tower
- Added Firelord Tower
- Peon size reduced and will not get stuck behind trees
- Balancing to several towers and a few waves
- Light armor creeps takes 15% less damage from spell damage
- Renamed modes to PvP(Normal) and Last Man Standing(Survival)

Dragon Nest TD v1.75
- Added Ancient Warrior Tower
- Added a new mode in multiplayer(Survival mode where creeps get upgraded automatic for all players) - Possible to vote Yes/No for the minigame
- Minor terrain changes and a few bug fixes
- Range Tech now increase the range for more towers
- Nerfed the Druid towers dps a bit

Dragon Nest TD v1.74
- Income per lumber is increased to 2 gold per 100 lumber
- Improved the antiblock system to avoid juggling
- Improved the Egg Drop ability
- Buffed wave 21-30(10 hp to 100hp)
- Reduced creeps attack by 50%
- Reduced minigame prizes
- Increased the number of upgrades for Reinforcement and End Round Gold

Dragon Nest TD v1.73
- Lumber used on creep upgrades now increase end round gold
- New income upgrade for single player
- Creep hit points increased for wave 11(5 hp) to 30(100 hp)
- Added Necromancer Tower
- Added Berserker Tower
- Fixed a few minor bugs

Dragon Nest TD v1.72
- Updated Shadow Elemental Tower lvl 7(forgot to increase dps with the last upgrade)
- Faster missile speed for the Tube Wyrm Tower
- Updated description for the creep upgrades

Dragon Nest TD v1.71
- Antiblock unit is now visible
- New trigger preventing construction of a tower next to another players tower and very close to a creep
- Updated terrain
- Balancing, updated tooltips and minor changes
- Separated lumber and minigame area with shallow water
- Number of upgrades shown for each tower

Dragon Nest TD v1.70
- Fixed a bug causing the bonus wave to disappear when walking on the center of the map

Dragon Nest TD v1.69
- Added Tube Wyrm Tower
- Added Wolf Caller Tower
- Added bonus wave after lvl 15 and 25
- Created Discord server for the map. Invite link: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Dragon Nest TD v1.68
- Introduced a chance to receive an upgrade when dropping the egg
- Added Strength Tower
- Added Shadow egg
- Added Gold egg
- Changed Wind egg
- Added Tower value to multiboard
- You can now observe the game when you lose
- Balancing and fixing a few minor bugs

Dragon Nest TD v1.67
- Removed fog of war
- Increased movement speed for creeps until they get near the egg(Range of 4000)
- Few balances to towers, creeps and upgrades
- Replaced War drums upgrade with Howl of Terror upgrade
- Replaced "Kills" in multiboard with "Creeps left"
- Reinforcement upgrade added(increase number of creeps)
- Fixed bug with Lightning egg causing a player to lose if another player didn't drop the egg

Dragon Nest TD v1.65
- Creeps will now attack towers when blocking
- Display range ability added to all towers
- Improved some leaking triggers
- Improved passive icons

Dragon Nest TD v1.64
- Added Lightning egg
- Improved terrain
- Reduced the movement speed of peons by 5 per player
- Removed creep upgrades in single player
- Improved Maze Tower description and several upgrade descriptions
- Adjusted Amethyst Tower size with upgrades
- Changed icon for Research Food and Research Income

Dragon Nest TD v1.62
- Uploaded to HIVE
[/tr]
[tr]
► Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」
[/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr]
Previews
Contents

Dragon Nest TD v1.82 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Where did you take the loading screen from? 2. Terrain has 95% no tile and height variation. 3. Research Food has no DISBTN (icon looks like a green square on F10/pause). Also, the icon looks like that of a passive ability. Use these to make a...
Paillan
Critical bugs were fixed as asked in last moderation. I see no reason to not put this back to approved state. Set to Approved ====================================================================== Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map...
Level 2
I think this is an excellent tower defense in the basis.

Recently in a game I was playing with a friend I managed to get a peon to warp behind the trees making it unusable. I would advice to fix this issue by providing each player with a small area that no one else can acces, providing that area with a series of trees(lets say provide them with 30 trees each to give someone who wants to spam peons allot, that they can) and then finally use wisps instead of peons. This may require you to re-evaluate all wood costs as the wisps will be far more consistent then the peons and don't require to move back. Of the top of my head I think increase all wood with a 1.3 multiplier or so?

Also I would LOVE the follow two things.
The map to be further expanded upon in terms of terrain, if size is a concern maybe have an option menu for red to select the map to be played on and package the map with 4 maps?

I also had a question on the "lucky spots" mechanic. How the heck do these work? Did you predefine volumes? Did you predefine specific locations? What is the entire pool of possible advantages these may provide? So far I've seen:
90 lumber
Food auto maxed
and 50 gold.

Are they operated on complete random? Or maybe weighted random? Haven't tested enough to confirm this.

And lastly I have some feedback on the mini-game.
I would love a setting that lets red turn off the mini-game and instead let all players choose a small reward at the end of each 10th wave. The values I would then see for myself is either the same as they are now or smaller scaled with amount of players in game, not sure tbh.
Otherwise the mini-game to me seems okay, but sometimes the mini-game behaves in what seems to be random behavior. I've seen the fireballs go through the barrels. I don't understand why and when my fireball collides with my friends how the game chooses who's fireball doesn't get destroyed.

I hope my post doesn't come off as one with too much "negative" feedback! The only reason I bring up my gripes(and made this account!) is because I love the concept you went with here and hope to see this map improve!
Well done on making this quality and interesting map!

Level 11
I played this map a bunch and and fun with it, but I found myself repeatedly frustrated by apparently good looking spots being ruined by trees. I understand the desire for natural looking terrain and to not have completely perfect mazing spots, but there's just too many 3 square passages for my taste. The very bottom right and very bottom left are particularly egregious in their tree positioning, preventing the passageways from being anything other than one-way.

Level 4
Thank you for your replies TDrock and Kaijyuu.
Recently in a game I was playing with a friend I managed to get a peon to warp behind the trees making it unusable. I would advice to fix this issue by providing each player with a small area that no one else can acces, providing that area with a series of trees(lets say provide them with 30 trees each to give someone who wants to spam peons allot, that they can) and then finally use wisps instead of peons. This may require you to re-evaluate all wood costs as the wisps will be far more consistent then the peons and don't require to move back. Of the top of my head I think increase all wood with a 1.3 multiplier or so?
I have never seen a peon warp behind the trees. I will fix this either by giving the peons an ability to "teleport" to the base or by changing the lumber area to cotain more trees and wisp. Not sure what I will choose yet.

The map to be further expanded upon in terms of terrain, if size is a concern maybe have an option menu for red to select the map to be played on and package the map with 4 maps?
This is a very big task and I believe I can improve the game more by using my time on other tasks :)

I also had a question on the "lucky spots" mechanic. How the heck do these work?
A few spots on the map gives a drop bonus every time(none of the easy spots). If you haven't dropped the egg on one of these spots, when you have 10% chance to get a bonus. There is 6 types:
+15 gold, +90 lumber, Food tech upgraded, Mana shield upgraded, lvl 1 range tech upgraded or Train peons faster while costing 3 gold less.

I'm working on a voting system where players can vote for a normal gameplay where you upgrade your opponents creeps or a survivor gameplay where creeps get upgraded automatic for all players at the same time. This vote will be followed by a "Yes" or "No" vote to the minigame.

I've seen the fireballs go through the barrels. I don't understand why and when my fireball collides with my friends how the game chooses who's fireball doesn't get destroyed.
I didn't write the code for the fireball bounce, so I'm not sure how it is decided which fireball that gets destroyed. It seems to me that the fireball spawned last is the one that survive.

I played this map a bunch and and fun with it, but I found myself repeatedly frustrated by apparently good looking spots being ruined by trees. I understand the desire for natural looking terrain and to not have completely perfect mazing spots, but there's just too many 3 square passages for my taste. The very bottom right and very bottom left are particularly egregious in their tree positioning, preventing the passageways from being anything other than one-way.
With 3 square passages I'm guessing you mean passages where you have to block with "1.5" tower. Do you prefer that some of the 3 square passages are changed to 2 or 4 squares?

Level 2
As a player, 4. That makes it easier to maze.

As a dev, either. Having a path that cannot be bisected is fine; no spot should be perfect, after all. But 2 squares (or one tower length) is more obvious to the player that the path is 1-way.
Hmm i think the balance is fine. The real unintuitive things in the map I really see are in some locations there are small gaps through the forests that are a bit odd. I don't mean all of them though. Plenty are obviouse enough on how they are laid out.

Level 4
For the next version I'm thinking of adding:
- A tower that gets a benefit(sort of rage) when more than x number of creeps are nearby
- A tower that lose some functionality/lose dps if towers are nearby
- Possible to upgrade the egg ability(double effect) for about 400 lumber
- Add a new minigame(This one has been difficult since I want it to be as fun as the first one).
- If any of you got some minor changes I'll consider every one of them

Level 9
Hey, I'm the guy from the video you post a comment on. :)

I've written you under your comment, but I will post it here too.

Thank you, I appreatiate your work, you have done a great job doing your map. We're looking forward to the next version. I thought you've already abandoned the project. :D

These things I have on my mind now:
- You should make more waves, so that the fun will last longer. :D
- Peons are quite buggy in large numbers (more than 12 according to tests), I suggest maybe limit the max number of peons to 12 or something like that. :)
- The only egg, that pays off to build right now is the regeneration egg. Others are simply not wortch it, at least according to what I've seen. Everyone who picks other eggs loses before the ones with regen egg.

That is all for now. :)

Level 4
Hey, I'm the guy from the video you post a comment on. :)

I've written you under your comment, but I will post it here too.

Thank you, I appreatiate your work, you have done a great job doing your map. We're looking forward to the next version. I thought you've already abandoned the project. :D

These things I have on my mind now:
- You should make more waves, so that the fun will last longer. :D
- Peons are quite buggy in large numbers (more than 12 according to tests), I suggest maybe limit the max number of peons to 12 or something like that. :)
- The only egg, that pays off to build right now is the regeneration egg. Others are simply not wortch it, at least according to what I've seen. Everyone who picks other eggs loses before the ones with regen egg.

That is all for now. :)

Thank you for the comment. To follow the project more closely you can join the discord to get more details about upcoming changes and balancing.

So far I have not noticed a need for more waves as good players tend to upgrade the creeps enough to kill opponents before wave 30 is reached(or kill themself by to many peons). But it is easy to add a few more so why not :) Maybe 5 more?

The "peon size" is reduced in the next version. This will also solve a bug where peons can get stuck behind the trees. It's important to note that training peons after a certain wave will harm your economy more than helping it.

There is a lot of strategies with the other eggs so I do not agree(surprise :D). SlumberTurtle has some great videos of other eggs. But I can give you two new strategies that work well:

- Choose the gold egg and let wave one damage your egg to around 20 HP. This will give your enough gold to build 3 peons during wave 1-2 and increase your income quickly and put some early pressure on your opponents.

- Choose the wind egg and build a big maze with Arrow towers lvl 1. The upgrade from guard tower to arrow tower cost 2 gold but this will be free for you since the wind egg gives 2 gold and 5 lumber per tower you build or upgrade.

I have more strategies but lets start with these two :)

Level 4
3 players got kicked because we didn't place eggs in time. The other versions were less strict about that.
Players have 100 seconds to drop the egg. This have not change in the last year if at all. However, after version 1.70 I might have changed it from removing all units for players who have not dropped their eggs in time to defeating the players.

It is less than 10% of my games where a player is defeated due to not dropping the egg in time. But when it happens it is normally a player asking "what to do?", "how to drop?" or likewise where it is clear that the player did not read the loading screen.

Level 14
I played this map a bunch - iirc it used to tell you had 15 seconds to drop the egg.
What can happen is that someone snipe your spot and then by the time you move to another you get kicked. that's what happened in this case for us.

Level 4
I played this map a bunch - iirc it used to tell you had 15 seconds to drop the egg.
What can happen is that someone snipe your spot and then by the time you move to another you get kicked. that's what happened in this case for us.
When 85 seconds have passed the games checks if all eggs have been dropped. If not then the warning comes with 15 seconds.

Each builder has a blink ability with no maximum range.

But I get your point with players trying to drop at the same location at the same time. Maybe I should add a feature to give more time. I like to require something "actively" from the player wanting more time so an AFK player does not drag the game.

Level 3
Hey GamerSmurf, your map is amazing!
It's really a lot of fun trying different spots to maze with different towers.

-Could you maybe implement more stuff for the PvP mode ? The auras are nice, it's a great idea, however that would be cool if we could also send regular solo units into the maze of other players to increase your income.
-Boss waves could be nice, only one strong guy in the wave, or maybe some challenge wave that you can start for yourself when you feel like you're doing well. With a decent reward for killing and big punishment if failed.
-One of my friend was hoping you could destroy some trees only around your egg, to personalize a bit your maze.
-Why not all elements are available after a bonus wave ?
- More levels for egg upgrades and some balance
- A cool thing that I always loved from YouTD is the recap of your highest damage per towers

That's all I remember from the top of my head, I really appreciate if you could give some thoughts to my few suggestions.
Thanks

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey GamerSmurf, your map is amazing!
It's really a lot of fun trying different spots to maze with different towers.

-Could you maybe implement more stuff for the PvP mode ? The auras are nice, it's a great idea, however that would be cool if we could also send regular solo units into the maze of other players to increase your income.
-Boss waves could be nice, only one strong guy in the wave, or maybe some challenge wave that you can start for yourself when you feel like you're doing well. With a decent reward for killing and big punishment if failed.
-One of my friend was hoping you could destroy some trees only around your egg, to personalize a bit your maze.
-Why not all elements are available after a bonus wave ?
- More levels for egg upgrades and some balance
- A cool thing that I always loved from YouTD is the recap of your highest damage per towers

That's all I remember from the top of my head, I really appreciate if you could give some thoughts to my few suggestions.
Thanks

Hey HoNoRoW

Thank you for your comments and sorry for the late respond.

PvP mode: In the next version I have added a War Mill with specific units you can add to your opponents creeps i PvP mode. This allows players to add units that will work better against the opponents.

Boss wave: A single boss would be nice, but very hard to balance with single target towers and multi/aoe towers. I have instead added Champion waves in the next version. 6 random waves are chosen at the start of the game(both PvP and Last Man Standing). These Champion waves are like the other waves, but with an added champion(5 levels higher than the other creeps).

Destroying trees: I will think about it. Maybe it could be an item with 3-5 charges that the builder can use. However, I don't know how to avoid players using this to remove a tree only to change an opponents maze.

Available elements after bonus wave: Some egg/element combinations are too strong, so not all is possible to select. Lets say you have the nature egg with regen and you could select the gold egg ability. This could generate to much gold.

More levels for egg upgrades and some balance: Some egg upgrades would be to powerful if upgraded more. Do you have some in mind? Are the some that need balance?

Damage per tower: It might be possible, but I would like to use the time to add other content. But I will think about it if I find a quick already made solution from another TD.

I hope this answers some of your questions. It will not be long before I upload the next version.

Level 3
Hey perfect !
Thanks for taking my ideas into consideration
Can't wait to test the new version with my friends!

About destroying tree, would that be a big problem if people could destroy someone else tree ? The player destroying would loose a charge and the player could rebuild it for free, so it seem fine to me. Just avoid being destroyed while a wave is near I guess.

About eggs, I was just wondering why the freezing egg has such a small radius compared to fire/water 600 versus 1000. Also if I remember correctly water/fire the upgrade is double the effect, but not on freezing. There was any reason behind this ?
I understand about the other combo of elements that could be broken.

Also something I didnt mention before, the witch doctor, sometimes doesnt get mana when he can attack, he should technically always get 1mana per attack minimum. Also why is he not part of the range upgrade ?

The ancient warrior or the tower that get power from trees, I tried working with it a bit but I cant see how he can be useful. It's already really hard to have his power maxxed and even if you get his aura to lvl 7 he doesnt seem that strong for such big requirement. Also poison and crit seem sort of clashing, one is long term damage the other one is burst, I would think maybe remove one and really focus on one greatly.

Could we get the range display for the ability on demon tower/ancient warrior/druid, the same way berserker/amethyst work (2 range checker)

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey perfect !
Thanks for taking my ideas into consideration
Can't wait to test the new version with my friends!

About destroying tree, would that be a big problem if people could destroy someone else tree ? The player destroying would loose a charge and the player could rebuild it for free, so it seem fine to me. Just avoid being destroyed while a wave is near I guess.

About eggs, I was just wondering why the freezing egg has such a small radius compared to fire/water 600 versus 1000. Also if I remember correctly water/fire the upgrade is double the effect, but not on freezing. There was any reason behind this ?
I understand about the other combo of elements that could be broken.

Also something I didnt mention before, the witch doctor, sometimes doesnt get mana when he can attack, he should technically always get 1mana per attack minimum. Also why is he not part of the range upgrade ?

The ancient warrior or the tower that get power from trees, I tried working with it a bit but I cant see how he can be useful. It's already really hard to have his power maxxed and even if you get his aura to lvl 7 he doesnt seem that strong for such big requirement. Also poison and crit seem sort of clashing, one is long term damage the other one is burst, I would think maybe remove one and really focus on one greatly.

Could we get the range display for the ability on demon tower/ancient warrior/druid, the same way berserker/amethyst work (2 range checker)

It can be a problem if you could destroy a tree near an opponents maze. Some players don't behave as intended and if they can cheat they will. But I'll look into it.

The ice egg would be to powerful if the range was as large as the fire egg ability. If I double the slow effect with the upgrade then aoe towers can be to powerful. My testers already think the Ice egg is one of the best, while the fire egg is considered weaker than most.

The Witch Doctor gets mana when he deals damage. So if he attacks and another tower kills the creep before the creep is hit by the Witch Doctor then no mana is generated. If his range could be increased with the upgrade then the tower would be to powerful. But the Witch Doctor is hard to place right in a maze and often you would have to ajust the maze to the Witch Doctor. So it can both be the worst and best tower in the game in my opinion.

The Ancient tower is buffed in the next version(tree range increased a bit). I think the short and long term abilities give the tower ways to be used in different ways. Mostly I use it for mazes that are hard to finish early on if there are trees nearby. I just target every creep once and lets a guard tower finish the creeps after the poison has dealt its damage.

I like the idea with an ability range for the Ancient tower and druid tower. But just ify the druid tower has 500 range and the ability has 500 range, so the range display would be the same until the range is upgraded for the druid tower. I'm not so sure about adding it for the Demon tower as the range is so small.

Level 3
Yeah that's what I thought, you tested them then nerfed it, gotcha.

Understood for the witch doctor.

Ok cool for the ancient tower, I'll test this out when you release it.

I still believe it would be useful for both of them. For the Demon tower I have hosted this map on Bnet with a lot of first timers and a large amount were surprised units were not burning within the 1000 range (LOL how strong that would be) so I guess it would be just a easier way to understand the effect of the tower, same for the druid, some people expected he range to grow with the upgrade.

Thanks for your follow up!

Level 4
Yeah that's what I thought, you tested them then nerfed it, gotcha.

Understood for the witch doctor.

Ok cool for the ancient tower, I'll test this out when you release it.

I still believe it would be useful for both of them. For the Demon tower I have hosted this map on Bnet with a lot of first timers and a large amount were surprised units were not burning within the 1000 range (LOL how strong that would be) so I guess it would be just a easier way to understand the effect of the tower, same for the druid, some people expected he range to grow with the upgrade.

Thanks for your follow up!

You're right. I have experienced new players think that to. I have added the ability range to Ancient Tower, Druid Tower, Demon Tower.

The map has been updated and you can try it now.

Level 4
The map has been updated to fit the Reforged graphics. The map still needs minor adjustment but I would say at least 90% of the game have been adjusted to Reforged.

After some months of disappointment by the Reforged Warcraft I have started to continue with the map. Hope Blizzard fix the remaining bugs soon. I have not found any game breaking bugs in this map caused by Reforged. Only a few visual bugs.