1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dracolich.BLP

Submitted by draken koning
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zY9ALV437s a video so you can vieuw the skinn made it just fore fun and learning how to alpha so i thought lets make an bone creater with much alpha bone's :p

Keywords:
dracolich, dragon, undead, death, baby, bone, reanimated, lich, cute
Contents

dragon (Texture)

Reviews
21:54, 20th Nov 2009 67chrome: Needs more work. If you need help with skinning check out the 2D art tutorials at this site. You need to add shading and highlights to this, and make the bones wrap correctly on the model.
  1. 21:54, 20th Nov 2009
    67chrome: Needs more work. If you need help with skinning check out the 2D art tutorials at this site. You need to add shading and highlights to this, and make the bones wrap correctly on the model.

2. Catch_ya

Catch_ya

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I like it!!! 5/5 could you make more bone skins ;)?

3. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Bad screen dude! Look ok, but I cant judge much.

4. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The screenie looks bad.. Dont know what it looks ingame though

5. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    no shading, no highlights, bad screenshot, wrong bones... o_O

6. Dentothor

Dentothor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    agreed. there is hardly any 3D-looking properties to this. therefore, it is very and horribly flat.

7. draken koning

draken koning

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    ok tomorow i will redo the shading but wrong bones?? i studyt the human anthonomy and the dragon one and this bones are good so what do you mean?

8. StaberFire

StaberFire

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well I can tell you right now just from the screenshot that you drew the mouth too low. The model's mouth is slightly higher and in a straight line, so a skeletal mouth doesn't really work out.

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    anatomy is one thing, but you should pay attention to so called "model anatomy" as you redo the skin. As Staberfire said, the mouth and teeth you drew are not fiting the source model, thus makin' it a wrong bone.

also.. that long.. bone.. leaf? that is TC on the head of the dragon.. a paper-thin bone is clearly impossible o_O again a wrong bone.. now a fishbone pattern along the "leaf" instead of those wide bones would be more neat, and would work with the TC better, since you can't alpha it out.

try that :)

10. Dentothor

Dentothor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i dl'd it and i see that yes the "leaf" is very wierd.
    Try to do something that will make it interesting and make it not look like bone pigtails. All in all, it just needs more variation (different bones and such to make it look more interesting. because it looks so boring with just black lines.), and detail (more shading, and texture to make it look more realistic).

11. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, and another of the "wrong bones" is the tail section. wasn't bones of the tail supposed to be like.. longer at the base of the tail and shorten as they go to the tail tip? o_O

12. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wtf is this supposed to be?

13. StaberFire

StaberFire

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I hate the Faerie Dragon model for skinning because of those stupid antennae. It's TC underneath so you can't alpha them out and it's such a terrible shape.

14. 67chrome

67chrome

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    This need a lot more work, the skin lacks shading, and the skin does not wrap correctly on the model. Make the skin wrap on the model correctly, and add shading.