• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Downloading Warcraft III Legally With Only CD Keys

Level 13
Downloading Warcraft III With Only CD Keys

Many people ask how to download Warcraft 3 (RoC and FT) without there disks because they misplaced them or they no longer work. Well, if you have your own valid CD key for the game you want to download, then it is quite possible to obtain the game legally and from Blizzard themselves. This is guaranteed, with no viruses or getting your CD key taken. Now, this works not only for Wc3 RoC and FT, but for other Blizzard games as well that require CD keys. Read on for a step by step tutorial!

First, you'll need to get your keys and then go to this website.

Blizzard Account Maker.

After you go here, you must create an account. Select your country, scroll down the agreement, select continue. Then, put all your information into the corresponding fields. After this, you'll be asked to validate your email. Do so now.

Next, you'll need to go to your games tab once you login.

Account.GIF

Once your there, you'll see a big blue button that says Add a New Game, click it. Then you enter your CD key. Don't be afraid to enter your keys; this is an official Blizzard site.

Account2 GIF.GIF

Anyways, click OK after you enter your key. If you get confirmation, then that means your key is valid and it will take you to the download screen. This can be accessed at anytime to download the game and there is no limit to how many times you download it.

Account3 GIF.GIF

Guess what? Your done! Don't forget to rate the thread and comment!

FAQ

Q: My key is invalid!

A: Keys you found on the internet or weren't always yours may have already been activated. If it is your key and you know that you never used your key for this, then retype the key. If that doesn't work, contact Blizzard and tell them to send you a new key, they will disable your old one though.

Q: How many times can I download a game I put a key in for?

A: There is no limit.

Q: How many times can I use a key to activate games on different accounts?

A: Only once. After that one time, that key can't be used again to activate a game.

Last edited:
Level 13
Erm, what about cdkeys that doesn't belong to you? I mean there's a lot of those sites..

But nice :) I've lost ma SC CD but still got cdkey, great!

If it isn't registered, you can use it. It depends on how recent the key was released to the public and how many people visit that website to tell if it was registered. Not a lot of people know about this trick to download Wc3 and most likely the key won't be in use.

Level 16
How could somebody lose the disc (if it's in a case) and still have the cd key? . . . are they really that smart enough to write it down -.-
I'm so glad i got a freakin holder...
Or you know under my bed works ;P
but this could help i guess.

You know, the CD key is on the manual.. it's not sure that the manual are left in the case when you lose it. Or, you only lose the disk, and have the case and manual left.

Btw, nice tutorial.

Level 12
Funny story...

How could somebody lose the disc (if it's in a case) and still have the cd key? . . . are they really that smart enough to write it down -.-
I'm so glad i got a freakin holder...
Or you know under my bed works ;P
but this could help i guess.

I gave my old Diablo 2 disks to my buddy...soon as he got home he put it into his brand new Alienware, and the disk SHATTERED inside of his comp. I guess the rpm on his disk drive was too fast for a 5 year old, heavily used disk. So he had to use this with the CD key, lol.

Doesn't have to be in the case to lose it. I happened to lose my D2 expansion disk when I moved. The battle chest hadn't been closed properly and everything scattered in the back of the U-Haul.I never found the disk. It somehow escaped it's proper sleeve (Which I still have, along with the CD Key) and fled the truck! I swear! D:

On a side note, I COMPLETELY forgot about this. I'm going to use it to reinstall D2:LOD on my comp now! :D

+Rep!

Level 13
Shit for a sec there I thought you meant free cd keys lol.

I need to go buy one to play on bnet :thumbs_down:

lol that would be the same if blizzard just allowed ppl to download the game for free XD (would be pretty nice however :p)
Anyway, ppl that throw away their CD does often not put the CD in the right case. (i dont say this counts for all) They just take the nearest avaiable, and puts it there (really stupid, and common, youre to lazy) :p

Last edited:
Level 19
lol that would be the same if blizzard just allowed ppl to download the game for free XD (would be pretty nice however :p)
Anyway, ppl that throw away their CD does often not put the CD in the right case. (i dont say this counts for all) They just take the nearest avaiable, and puts it there (really stupid, and common, youre to lazy) :p

Blizzard Entertainment's new service allows you to attach your keys to your account if the key is valid. That means if you're using an invalid key you won't be able to use the service.

Level 2
There are chances that your new CD-key is invalid. I recommend downloading Warcraft III as shareware from Blizzard Entertainment's website (save more money if you like to do that).

Level 12
You know, the CD key is on the manual.. it's not sure that the manual are left in the case when you lose it. Or, you only lose the disk, and have the case and manual left.

Btw, nice tutorial.

my cd-key is on the case for roc and tft...
but i guess it probaly depends on what country you are from... or who put the cd-key there in the first place...