1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

DotA vs DOTA 2

Discussion in 'Dota 2' started by Pharaoh_, Sep 23, 2014.

1. I like both dota 1 and dota 2. But I only play dota 1 because bots are reliable, FAR MORE than the actual queue for dota 2. Finding a good team for dota 2 in solo queue is 1 in 100 chance. And I just don't want to waste my time and their time. And bots are sufficiently strong, if you misplay even slightly they tend to give a good ass whooping. So yeah, they are very good and I love dota 1 for it.

2. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    But they don't think, do they?

3. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I tried playing with bots on DotA 2 and they are far better than the bots on DotA 1...

4. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    And far better than human opponents.

5. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I never played with bots in DotA 1, but DotA 2 bots behave strangely at times. Sometimes they're plain feeding.

6. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've played DoTA1 all the time with bots (on garena), but I find the AI more sophisticated to play against.

7. Noya

Noya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why is this discussion still open and alive, lol

8. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I play DotA 1 up to now with bots ever since I went into college, and the bots are almost always feeders unless I go XM... At least when I played with bots on DotA 2, they are acceptable enemies.

9. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    I never played DotA 2, but the difference in file size...

WarCraft + DotA 1 = only about 1 GB;
    DotA 2 alone = freaking more than 10 GB!

And, I viewed the screenshots of DotA 2, its 3D graphic is somewhat unfamiliar and confusing to me...

10. Dr. E

Dr. E

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, you have to adapt to new graphics, but once you do, it's no problem to play dota 2. The big size is well ... not good. On their place I would make it optional to dl customization items. I think that dota solo has 5 6 GB so that would make it dl faster and etc.

I got to a conclusion that bots on dota 1 are better, and beside that the biggest thing that I dislike with dota2 is the fact that dota 1 was made, at least for some time i think, out of hobby, and thus made with care, and constant wish to perfect it, and thus you got a better game as a final product. In making the game the game itself was on the first place. Valve made game just for profit so on the first place is just the profit they will get. So if you make game worse, but more popular it's good from their point of view, if people play it, there is no point in improving game, and thus you get a worse product than it would be if it was made for the game itself with same resources.

11. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's a new AAA game, be happy it's not around 21 GB that some games nowadays are :p
    (Rome2).

" Valve made game just for profit so on the first place is just the profit they will get. So if you make game worse, but more popular it's good from their point of view, if people play it, there is no point in improving game, and thus you get a worse product than it would be if it was made for the game itself with same resources. "

Are you implying that Warcraft 3 is a bad game, as the developers of the game, made the game to earn money?

I know this is shocking, but most people with a fulltime job, want to earn money.
    + Icefrog is in valve.

12. Dr. E

Dr. E

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well yeah, I went little bit too far, I just wanted to say that if you are passionate about your project or whatever you do it will turn out better compared to something you do against your will. You will try harder etc.
    Also, you can't say that blizzard isn't putting a lot of effort compared to some other companies into making their games and other stuff.
    I was wrong in many stuff I said, and now I see some of them.

13. Dr. E

Dr. E

Resources:
    Resources:
    Talked to friend and he said some interesting stuff on this topic. Like he loses interest in dota cause of tryhards that only follow online guides and don't think or understand anything in game. He don't find it fun cause people don't ''play'' anymore.
    Cause dota 2 compated to dota has more guides tutoeial videos etc... And you play with no name people. I mean if you'd put bots everytime in other team it wouldn't change anything :)
    It was more fun for him before when we played together in rooms, and we could choose with who to play with, we would percieve others as other players. Game is too much competitive now, and it is more like obligation. A lot of people now think like I have to improve mmr, i have to win. But man f*** that, no obligation is fun.
    Thats why I prefer eiropeans, chinese are somehow mor win oriented, not on play :)

14. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can tell your friend I feel him: I hate it when people start flaming because I don't play something the "canon" way.

15. Dr. E

Dr. E

Resources:
    Resources:
    To me dota was all about choosing hero which lore and appearance goes with my mood at the time, then related to which hero you picked building that hero in a way you want and ofc testing it in the game. I liked the rpg side of it, now people play only on action, and only purpose is to win. For instance on riki my fav was say, then you take your two swords and go out and slay everyone. When someone chases you you do what would you do in reality, hide in trees try to juke them and hit them to slow them. Not to mention how much juking skill you get from playing this way. And I would have a feeling that I was really chased and then when you escape :) good feeling. Another thing movie f2p. I mean if I would make a dota movie it would be like 5 guys in a fantasy, and they find some older guy lets say they are 20 and he is 30. And then he teaches them in karate kid style :) and they then win tournaments.