• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota Template Version 0.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Dota Template Made by Jay-B
Well i made this map like 7 hrs without stopping.
Here Are the Triggers for the creeps :)

• Creeps
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Sentinels --------
      • -------- Mid --------
      • Unit - Create 3 Treant for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 009 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Druid of the Talon (Night Elf Form) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 011 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Glaive Thrower for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 010 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • -------- Right --------
      • Unit - Create 3 Treant for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 015 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Druid of the Talon (Night Elf Form) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 016 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Glaive Thrower for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 017 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • -------- Left --------
      • Unit - Create 3 Treant for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 012 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Druid of the Talon (Night Elf Form) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 013 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Glaive Thrower for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 014 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • -------- Scourge --------
      • -------- Mid --------
      • Unit - Create 3 Ghoul for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of Region 003 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Necromancer for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of Region 004 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Meat Wagon for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of Region 003 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • -------- Right --------
      • Unit - Create 3 Ghoul for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of Region 008 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Necromancer for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of Region 007 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Meat Wagon for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of Region 006 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • -------- Left --------
      • Unit - Create 3 Ghoul for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Necromancer for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Meat Wagon for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Move to Base
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Attack Right <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 021 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 022 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) or ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green))
    • Actions
      • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) then do (Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 018 <gen>)) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)) then do (Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 019 <gen>)) else do (Do nothing)
  • Move North Sentinel
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 012 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 013 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 014 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Attack Right <gen>)
  • Move North Scourge
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 008 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 007 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 006 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Attack Right <gen>)
  • Move Center Sentinel
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 009 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 010 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 011 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 021 <gen>)
  • Move Center Scourge
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 003 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 005 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 004 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 021 <gen>)
  • Move South Sentinel
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 016 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 015 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 017 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 022 <gen>)
  • Move South Scourge
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 001 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 002 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 022 <gen>)
  • Ai
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • AI - Start melee AI script for Player 1 (Red): map.ai
      • AI - Send Player 1 (Red) the AI Command (1, 1)
      • AI - Ignore Ziggurat 0074 <gen>'s guard position
      • AI - Lock guard position of The Frozen Throne 0068 <gen>

i hope you guys will like this idea :D

Next update:Taverns+Heroes+Leragas the Vile,Items,Abilities,courier
Failures:The armor of the towers is so small,
Previews
Contents

Dota Template (Map)

Level 26
The triggers aren't really advanced, and have position leaks, which wil make the map lag over time.
A template doesn't need to have triggers in them, your main focus should be the terrain.

Talking about the terrain, I can't say I'm impressed by it. I don't mean to be rude, but this looks worse than dotas terrain. :/
You told us that you spent 7 hours creating this, and that wasn't even all on the terrain. Most templates takes people several days to complete.

I suggest you put more energy into the template, as I doubt many people would want to use this over creating a terrain themselves.

Additionally, if you keep you add your own heroes and such, why not make it an entire playable map instead?

Moved to Substandard.

Level 23
You're a bit late to join into the whole DOTA..err MOBA...or AOS template making thing. I remember there were a lot of these years back. I even made one myself...:))

It isn't a bad idea to recreate the dota 1 map if you're into it for learning the triggers, but I doubt it'll get good reviews if you release it as it is. There's also a 6.70 something dota template floating around the net too. Complete with all the triggers, heroes, items and everything included..no point in doing something that's already been done right?

oh, and the shit is way too complicated to replicate in a few weeks. More so in 7 hours.

If this was your first map though, it's pretty impressive.

Level 4
"Every 30 seconds create a Glaive Thrower"? The Glaive Thrower spawning time should be every 180 seconds not 30 seconds, have you even played DotA? As for the terrain it is true that is even worst than original Reign of Chaos DotA by Eul. I wonder why are you changed the heroes' name to their DotA name while the spells is still same with the original Warcraft 3 heroes? Well it wasn't that bad for making this template cause I also have make a map based on DotA in a years ago.