• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm currently working on a custom hero system details are in the PM...
RIght now it isn't ready because I didn't set the triggers to Or but rather just threw the abilities togethor...
Also the (D/H)OT buff to heal/damage system ain't working properly... I'll Have to figure that one out...

Again though... Details are in the PM...

This Might be a good place to Debut a custom hero system like Chalz (I forget the name)
I'll put it up on the Site and post it here when I'm done with it...
Its Going to be really simple yet Very Effective... At least thats what I plan....

Level 2
there are only 2 lanes now

@gamerzero:

i hate icq too but i got it becuz the others did so too
just get it theres no prob

Level 12
I'm Almost done with the hero system (If you choose to use it...

One thought is though....
Making 1 path...
-And letting people Blaze some trails....

It'll be a lot more original while giving people a much more epic warscene when going one on one....

Or they can sneak through the forest with 0 collision size like a ninja....

Put a little Cliff Action into the side terrain
-Make some units able to jump From terrain to terrain...

I mean... I think your trying to make something original....
If your not.... then... I guess you might be better off modding an old dota map...

Level 2
it's not smarter to create a forum for this project it seems to be more interresting, no ?

Level 21
This Map will be not familiar at all with DoTA, its just the name, it will be original a new AoS map with some special features. So stop it if your sad because no one posts in your thread or i go for telling it an admin and removing your senseless posts.

@Formula1: we don't make a ninja map, we make a story-based AoS map with fantasy heroes, so your ideas would not match at all.

Level 12
@Formula1: we don't make a ninja map, we make a story-based AoS map with fantasy heroes, so your ideas would not match at all.

WHo says the ninja wouldn't follow the story?
-Just make the character a troll or something...

Otherwise your two lanes doesn't have much story involved
-Story involves different tactics, different people fighting togethor....

Epic warscenes, Suspensefull Stealth Scenes, Destruction of Nature and Nature Fighting Back

THe Hero and his many talents
I see nothing wrong with what I said... It might make your story much more interesting....

I just think your shooting down ideas for the hell of it...

Level 12
No, i simply do it different original, by adding aspects to it, like special systems, original heroes, some major twists and much more. But jumping wouldnt make much sense.

Well in most dota maps there are two essential parts and then spreading them out...
1) your safty zone where you can heal and be happy
2) The Battle Ground which you want to make sure is moving towards your enemys safety zone

With dota, They seperated the Battle ground so you would have to watch three battle grounds at once... If a noob was playing... and they were fighting a 1337... they would get their ground crushed....
-Which is why the Buildings were implemented... so people could see which side needed help...

Instead of Making there be seperate situations... giving one path so that everyone would have one epic battle....
-And then also include a landscape on the side which would give people the oppertunity to enter eachothers bases and it would be more of a Man vs Comp situation
--Ninja vs Buildings

you could also Give the game the ability to increase troop production which would increase the havok involved
-And the ability to destroy Trees with certain items and Set patrols for the computers units (Using a Neutral Sentry Ward ability with 99999 range)
--To do this you could Buy an item which would give the buying unit 1 "instruct soldiers" ability [A instruct soldiers spell book].
--- In the spell book, you could cast ability "Patrol to target" (Creates units that patrol to it and front entrance of base), "Join the front lines" (Adds a little extra power to the front lines) or "Body Guard" (Which makes units your body guards"

You could also Create a Spell so that you could tell any computer unit to do anything you want by giving every hero a Men Spellbook

-Cast Roar-Up to Six effected units
--Remove Units from unitgroup
--Set Effected units to unitgroup-Herosmen (array)

And then any spell after that would make units do a different thing
-Join the front lines-Tells units to attack to Enemies frontgate
-Patrol-Tells unit to patrol from front gate to target (anti ninja)
-Body gaurds-Tell units to follow units...

Or you could make one Hero an Army hero... while making another Hero a ninja... which has no collision size (allowing it to move through trees) and the ability to jump on terrain no other unit can get to (giving it a much easier time to move in and out of battle) Ninjas would battle eachother... chase eachother down....

I could make a concept map of the heroes... Its pretty simple...

Level 3
Ok since you're German and ur on when im asleep i dont see how we're gonna communicate so i guess im off The project:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.