• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Don's Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hey everyone, I'm proud to present some of my terrains. Not all of them are of equal quality but I like them anyway. Hope you like them as well, enjoy!
Don't forget to drop a comment down bellow, any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Coastal City
212788-albums5739-picture61584.jpg

Sunset Bridge
212788-albums5739-picture60361.jpg

Forbidden Sanctuary
212788-albums5739-picture61603.jpg

Tranquil Peaks
Rock model made by tobyfat50
212788-albums5739-picture61899.jpg

Attachments

• Coastal City.jpg
    Coastal City.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Forbidden Sanctuary.jpg
    Forbidden Sanctuary.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Entry.jpg
    Entry.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Tranquility.jpg
    Tranquility.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
1) I like the city but I dont think the background scenery does it justice, it just doesn't fit, but the execution is good none the less.
2) Perfect! Perhaps the enviroment behind the right side of the bridge is a bit emty? I imagine the river continuing and the mountains aswell but perhaps you wanted a coastal line there.
3) I'm not too happy how the mountain looks or that wooden bridge. The Obelisk building spire is also strange to my eyes.

In the end I like them all alot! So much infact that I'm gonna use them as concept for my map, especially the bridge.

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Yeah, I've noticed that. I will do reword the background sometime this week :)

Level 8
Picture 1,
Not good,
Not good backround, sky color selection.
Bad rocks.
Pavement has gaps between it at some spots.
Picture 3
Descent, but somehow it leaves me with a feel of empty-ness, i feel like there is something missing.
Picture 2
Its really nice, and i really liked it when i saw it on the contest.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well, There really isn't any perfectly aligned pavement, if you look at the streets, the pavements have holes in them here and there. And it's supposed to be right on the beach aka very sunny and burnt rocks :)

Level 8
Ok.

2tdLx.jpg

That in the circles, is doodad height variation, one is above the other, and it looks bad.
Now as for the rocks, i merely ment the models. They dont fit the terrain. They are ugly for what you want to do.
And I still believe that the sky coloring is bad.

These are my thoughts.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I agree about the rocks, but those were the closest to what i want that are in UTM 3.0. About the height, that's the closest possible to get it, otherwise it looked worse and ye I know, sky could have been much better.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

It won't help as I raise the terrain in order to be able to easily make the other aspects, such as the walls

EDIT: Updated the third picture

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Added another picture. Tell me what ya' think :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The fog is actually white, the rocks are pitched in between 0 and 180 degrees but I do agree about the scales. I know, I forget about the birds every single time :D

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I think you're talking about the glows not the fog :). Will play around with it when I have time again.

Level 36
I feel like I've seen that eye-burning,
glow-abusing technique somewhere before.
- http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/cloude-tower-83907/
Oh yeah! >.>

I'd recommend trying out this cloud model tinted to near invisibility
and experiment a lot with it, eventually it'll make you or break you.
- The result can be great.

Also, considering those boulders, for that is what they look like,
I'd also recommend you try re-designing their placements and scales
so they work better together, as to give the effect of them being
parts of a mountain, instead of large stones magically strickied to a hill.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Lol, I didn't see your terrain actually. I was just thinking about something to do in a short amount of time and this is the result. Thanks for the feedback btw, I will look into it the following days.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well, I really liked the comment actually. And I'm happy you're starting to approve of my terraining :)

Status
Not open for further replies.