• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

does anyone play morrowind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i am a level 20 human, evolved in the society, i slash the daily problems and troubles with my golden mace of petrufaction.

Level 12
tuna69 said:
morrowind is a crappy game.

escapist said:
i think your opinions are unfounded

I agree with escapist. You tuna69 like Sims, that tells a lot...

Anyway I stoped playing Morrowind some year ago becouse I have played it so much and done anything interessting in it. Main quests finnished in all expansions too. I have played with a couple of different characters with different mixes of weapon and armor types. I guess many of you people plays like murderers and thiefs all the time. I for one only played as thief once, no murderer. The others of my characters where all lawful. In Bloodmoon I didn't even loot corpses of dead nords in those caves. I didn't took their weapons even if they wouldn't have given a big piece of gold.
I used to play with lots of mods like adding and balancing weapons and armors. As soon as I learnt the editor myself I changed most of the heavy armors since their protection is wired. Imagine the netch lether armor protected nearly the same as iron armor. I just hade to fix that, and increased the price of course. I also added a pair of Glass Grieves to the glass smith. Otherwise you couldn't by yourself a compleate glass armor. Same thing for the adamantium armor (which is my favorite). I have searched the whole world in Tribunal and I havn't found enought adamantium ore to make a complete adamantium armor. Very annoying. And even better, the adamantium armor isn't even worth it at all. It does the protection as dreugh armor. I wanted adamantium to be a rare, expensive and really hard armor so I greatly increased its' price and protection so it was seconds best medium armor (royal guard was still the best). That's something I really liked in the game that there were so many weapons and armor types in defferent materials. Hmm, I wish they hade put daggers to it's own chategory and given them some special usefullnes. There is no point in using daggers when you can handle short swords with same skill. I wish backstap only were possible with daggers. That would have given them some usefullnes. I also liked the world beceouse it was so different from reality. There were no animals or plants from real life. Only new original species.
Morrowind is a great game but that thing with multiplayer wouldn't work. Just imagine when one player is resting some hours. Should the other ones just continue to play and the resting one having to wait those hours in real time?
Oh by the way, in Oblivion there will be special attacks for each weapons and you will probably be able to pick all arrows out of victims when they are killed.

Level 12
tuna69 said:
sims is good

best selling game ever
Yes becouse all small girls who didn't usally play computer games before went mad when they saw the Sims and everyone of them wanted to have it. It's spread like a plauge. And probably most of those childs don't know how to copy games and therfore it has sold some many.

Level 7
Daminon said:
tuna69 said:

escapist said:
i think your opinions are unfounded

I agree with escapist. You tuna69 like Sims, that tells a lot...

Anyway I stoped playing Morrowind some year ago becouse I have played it so much and done anything interessting in it. Main quests finnished in all expansions too. I have played with a couple of different characters with different mixes of weapon and armor types. I guess many of you people plays like murderers and thiefs all the time. I for one only played as thief once, no murderer. The others of my characters where all lawful. In Bloodmoon I didn't even loot corpses of dead nords in those caves. I didn't took their weapons even if they wouldn't have given a big piece of gold.
I used to play with lots of mods like adding and balancing weapons and armors. As soon as I learnt the editor myself I changed most of the heavy armors since their protection is wired. Imagine the netch lether armor protected nearly the same as iron armor. I just hade to fix that, and increased the price of course. I also added a pair of Glass Grieves to the glass smith. Otherwise you couldn't by yourself a compleate glass armor. Same thing for the adamantium armor (which is my favorite). I have searched the whole world in Tribunal and I havn't found enought adamantium ore to make a complete adamantium armor. Very annoying. And even better, the adamantium armor isn't even worth it at all. It does the protection as dreugh armor. I wanted adamantium to be a rare, expensive and really hard armor so I greatly increased its' price and protection so it was seconds best medium armor (royal guard was still the best). That's something I really liked in the game that there were so many weapons and armor types in defferent materials. Hmm, I wish they hade put daggers to it's own chategory and given them some special usefullnes. There is no point in using daggers when you can handle short swords with same skill. I wish backstap only were possible with daggers. That would have given them some usefullnes. I also liked the world beceouse it was so different from reality. There were no animals or plants from real life. Only new original species.
Morrowind is a great game but that thing with multiplayer wouldn't work. Just imagine when one player is resting some hours. Should the other ones just continue to play and the resting one having to wait those hours in real time?
Oh by the way, in Oblivion there will be special attacks for each weapons and you will probably be able to pick all arrows out of victims when they are killed.

Well, yeah it was all made for single player, but imagine if they tweaked some things and shit it would flip the whole game around if it were multiplayer with interactive npcs. Npcs in other games are just lil pieces of shit that get a paragraph of text popped out of them but Morrowind you can actually "talk" with these people and get things out of them and shit. The quests in Morrowind are also a lot better then most games, lets take WOrld of Warcraft for instance....go kill 5 midgets around the corner for me bub, ok if you do that ill let you pick one of my shitty weapons in that pile of horse crap over there. And in Oblivion, the npc system is HELLA BETTER, theres gona be npcs like real players, stealing, coming up to you actually and asking for advice or for a party, and lots more you should go read about it if you liked Morrowind. One thing Morrowind did lack though, is a combat system, and the spell system just fuxxing sucked, i would always make characters that used weapons it sucked so bad, but the good graphics, art, and game concept pretty much amde up for it. Ill stop now.

By the way, if you haven't played as a theif/murderer in Morrowind, you have missed an extremely fun part of this game.

As for the Sims....get a fuxxin life.

Level 12
Gwen Stefani said:
By the way, if you haven't played as a theif/murderer in Morrowind, you have missed an extremely fun part of this game.
What is the point of playing in a such way? You do things that you would never do in real life and that's ruins the whole game. And another thing is that you make the game so easy by stealing everthing you want.
People with true ability to enter into the game wouldn't play like this. I see that you like so many others lack this.

Level 7
Being a noctorious outlaw is one of the many things your not going to do in life. I love rogue classes in most rpgs as well so i did the stealing stuff since id better fit my character. You do get some great things from stealing, but having awsome gear and shit doesn't ruin this game. I assure you, i first played this game noble and loyal to the "law" it was very fun and a bit harder. Afterwards, playing a rogue character had things going faster and its just fun, that guy doesn't like me...ill just kill em and take his stuff, sucker. Its like you already beat the game and you want to try soemthing new, why not be the opposite of what you were with your other character. I guess its just a personality thing too, nobodies saying you have to play as a thief. Maybe you should try it though, Vampire Rogue is crazy sexy.

Level 4
Gwen Stefani said:
Daminon said:
tuna69 said:

As for the Sims....get a fuxxin life.

Oh, that's a bit harsh.

God, but Daminion, that point you made about little dumb girls not knowing how to copy games. A very good point indeed. I never thought of that, obviously because I'm not a pirate.

Level 7
I used to play Morrowind, had awesome Level 9 Argonian whatever lizard "Acrobat" :roll:

got stuck in that damn "mission" where I had to find Flower for meself and another flower for Ahnassi

and then tragically I had to move back home... and I stopped playing *sigh*

Level 9
Teppana said:
I used to play Morrowind, had awesome Level 9 Argonian whatever lizard "Acrobat" :roll:

got stuck in that damn "mission" where I had to find Flower for meself and another flower for Ahnassi

Flowers For Ahnassi:

ok she needs 2 flowers. i dont think u will have a problem finding gold kanet right? so u have to get coda flower for her and it will be a walk. u will be able to find it some where near Seyda Neen.

but if your useless at this stuff you can simply buy both flowers from peragon at moonmoth fort east of Balmora. hes in the far left corner of the main room. Ahnassi wont know the difference.but its much faster to get it form Setda Neen.

Return to Ahnassi with the flowers. she is delighted, and says thank you 3 times

Level 9
Daminon said:
Gwen Stefani said:
What is the point of playing in a such way? You do things that you would never do in real life and that's ruins the whole game. And another thing is that you make the game so easy by stealing everthing you want.
People with true ability to enter into the game wouldn't play like this. I see that you like so many others lack this.

am a theif i take everything that is sells for 1k+ but i have never kill 1 person (but i do kill the people that attacks me for no reason and the people that needs to die) i have almost all daedric weapons but like a daedric dia katana is like impossible to find and i have other glass and ebony weapons. :) being a theif is good...if u dont kill anyone that is

Level 12
I collected all weapon and armor parts in the game and placed them all on the streets in Balmora, sorted after type. Why I placed them on the street was that there is no house you can get with enough space. Something that I always found annoying is that there is no daedric halberd. Sure there is a daedric spear but remeber that there are both daedric dagger and tanto. Noticed that there are no glass throwing stars in the game? And to all you who wanted a complete daedric armor without killing innocent people, there isn't all parts in the game. I know these things becouse I searched the editor for those items and there were none placed in the game.

Level 45
ahh...yes..thy old time be good.
lol, my lv 36 argonian named Zippo was ye cake on ye creamy centre.
ye would kill shopkeepers and , kill many things,
Ye would cheat ingame, and use many mods. But ye wrecked the game cuz ye came arcoss the door thingy and ye was a nooby and ye skipped 50% game.
But ye is thinkin of takin mw moddin instead of wc3...
to feckin bad beast cant wear boots or helms, but i found a mod that allows beasts to wear somethin similar to boots.....

Level 7
Dracula said:
Teppana said:

Flowers For Ahnassi:

ok she needs 2 flowers. i dont think u will have a problem finding gold kanet right? so u have to get coda flower for her and it will be a walk. u will be able to find it some where near Seyda Neen.

but if your useless at this stuff you can simply buy both flowers from peragon at moonmoth fort east of Balmora. hes in the far left corner of the main room. Ahnassi wont know the difference.but its much faster to get it form Setda Neen.

Return to Ahnassi with the flowers. she is delighted, and says thank you 3 times

Thank you thank you thank you!

Level 9
hey in bloodmoon the raven rock quest after u complete all the qeust on falco's side u get a petty big house and i storage all the weapon on the final shelf at the back of the house. i also put helmets on 1 of the 2 shelf at the right side of the house and i put my shields on the other shelf. but it seems that the weapon
shelf is almost full but that place is big enough to storage every 1 type of daedric,glass,and ebony weapon/armor there

Level 9
anyway Daminon u seem to know alot of morrowind. can u tell me how do i get enchant skill to 100? there is a way, something called secret masters Qorwynn is the one that can train ur enchant skill to 100 but i found him in the stronghold indoranyon,then he end up attacking me
but good thing i saved so i didnt kill him...so i sneak pass him and got out. now that i have to spend like 100k on 1 enchant item form the NPC enchanters :( :( :(

Level 12
Yes I completed the Raven Rock quest but that house isn't big enough to store all armor and weapon types in the game.

Unless you chage anything in the editor, this is the only way. And yes the master will always attack you. The only way to train from him is to cast "Calm Humanoid" on him every time you increase the skill with one point. I did this until I got 100 points in the skill but it wasn't worth it. Even with 100 you don't have 100% chance of succes.
Noticed that there isn't any master trainer for medium armor? Very annying since there are master trainers for all other skills and medium armor is my favourite armor type.

Did you know that you can get a house if you becomes lord/master of any of the three houses? It takes a lot of time to complete all the quests and it's not worth it. Yes you get your house, guards and such but there are some strange things. Like if you count all guards and people in your house and then counts how many beds there are, then you see that there is no bed left for you. And there are locked doors and sush and you are not given the key. You have to find it in the house by yourself. And worst of all, the house is not in any town and you get no such silt strider or something to get there quickly. You have to get to the nearest town and then walk a bit. Really dumb.

Have you found any ebony throwing stars or daedric darts? They are rare as hell. I have only found 1 single ebony star and a ver few daedric darts.

Level 9
well my house is running out of space but guess what i have another useless small house at skaal and a house at the thirsk. and the house u get for those house guilds they r not really houses they r strongholds which i cant have one becuase i mess someone up (not by killing him but by killing something that attacked me,and he got mad at me and never spoke to me again :( ) then with that guy like this i dont think ill be able to complete the main quest and the house guild quests

and the medium armor defense guy is at the deck of the boat at the tel fyr dock,hes name is cinia urtius.

the enchant skill...if i can only enchant permeate stuff then its ok becuase i have azura star and i can always go to red mountain to get some ascended sleeper's soul they abd the golden saint have the most soul in the game (400) and with those soul i can make permeate items which the effect last forever if ur wearing them i already have a robe,shirt,pants,ring1,ring2,amulet,belt,and all of my glass armor + speed and that gives me a total of 208 speed but too bad am a beast type i cant wear boots or ill have goten the (boots of blinding speed which gives u 100% blind and 200 speed :shock: ) if i could wear that i could run faster then a viper :D

i havnt found any daedric darts or ebony trowing stars but there is a guy that can craft ebony weapons in Tribunal maybe he can make them,but i have the dart of judgment which i got it form the theif guild quest, they look sort of like dardric darts :roll:

Level 12
I have Azura's Star too with one of my characters and I know about permanent effects but Ascended Sleeper's is actually very rare. There are many creatures that looks excactly like Ascended Sleepers but are named somehting else and they are not worth as much soul as the true Ascended Sleeper. Golden Saints however always works and they are not as rare as Ascended Sleepers.

The ebony smith in the Craftmens Hall in Mornhold can not craft weapons. He can only craft armor pieces.
I don't know about the Darts of Judgment since I have never completed the thief guild quests. I have come far but not completed it. On other hand I have completed the Morag Toung quests.

About Boots of Blinding Speed, did you know that if you get Bloodmoon but don't patch the game the boots are bugged and will NOT blind you. I havn't tried this but my brother told me.

Level 9
hey i have to ask u one very very important question...where do u get the spell "Bound Greaves"?

and u can get dart of jugment at the ald'ruhn theif guild but those darts r cheap it only worth 500 gold but i think they only have 5 of these in the game...

Ascended Sleeper can be found all over red mountain BUT if ur character dont reach the require lvl i dont think u see any...i think u atleast need to have to be lvl40 but golden saints r hard to find for me...i can only find them in shrines but not all daedric shrines have them. and ascended sleepers look like a big buff elephant with short hands and (well i dont see legs) they have like 3 noses :D :D making fun of ascended sleepers is fun (hope they dont get mad :roll: )

when ur wearing boots of blinding speed cant u use dispell or a permanent dispell to counter the effect?

i have complete raven rock quest and like 20% quest in morrowind and like 5% quest on tribunal...but i want to complete bloodmoon which u get werewolf ring that lets u turn to a werewolf when ever u want...(that makes it easyer to kill ppl u dont like)
but too bad the stone quest is too boring so thats y am getting as much as +speed on my items as humanly possible :D but then i ran out of all my grand soul gem is there any place to get more or does any NPC spawn it in their invtory every 24 hours? :?

Level 12
Dracula said:
hey i have to ask u one very very important question...where do u get the spell "Bound Greaves"?

when ur wearing boots of blinding speed cant u use dispell or a permanent dispell to counter the effect?
Of all my characters non has been a mage. I don't like using spells much in Morrowind so I don't know very much about it.

Dracula said:
Ascended Sleeper can be found all over red mountain BUT if ur character dont reach the require lvl i dont think u see any...i think u atleast need to have to be lvl40 but golden saints r hard to find for me...i can only find them in shrines but not all daedric shrines have them. and ascended sleepers look like a big buff elephant with short hands and (well i dont see legs) they have like 3 noses making fun of ascended sleepers is fun (hope they dont get mad )
There are lots of "fake" Ascended Sleeper that looks and acts excactly as true Ascended Sleeper but they have other names. You may be right about the level. Maybe you only find true ones if you are high level enough.

Dracula said:
is there any place to get more or does any NPC spawn it in their invtory every 24 hours? :?
I don't understand this.

Level 9
aww to bad... if i can only get Bound Greaves i can complete my Bound daedric set... for ex. ill just put bound cuirass,bound greaves,bound gloves,bound longsword,and bound shield. because of a Khajiit (beast type) cannot wear boots or full helmet so that saves me some enchant points. as i were saying ill put all those bound stuff and have a NPC enchant it in to a amulet, then when i go in to battle an amulet is all i need :D

i have never saw a fate Ascended Sleeper cuz maybe that i start going in to the ghost gate when am lvl60 and belive me there is a buch of ascended sleeper there, i can trap 8 of the ascended sleeper's soul in like 10min.
because 8 grand soul gem is all i have :( . i been trying to get more grand soul gems but i cant find any

and u know the money that NPCs have? after u sell stuff to the NPC u wait 24 hours their money comes back, and am sure some of their items come back too.

for ex. u sold a ebony dart to a NPC that has 5k gold
he will buy the dart of like 1k then end up having 4k left, so u wait 24hours and talk to him again...he will have 5k again

for ex. the items comes back. when u buy some hammer form NPCs (hammers to repair armor) then u wait 24hours they will have another hammer for sell

Level 12
Level 60 ehm, that is pretty high level. I don't think my characters can reach that level. You character couldn't have much skill points at the beginning huh?
This could explain that you only faced true Ascended Sleepers.

The money from merchants comes back yes but the items does not, too bad. The reason is that all items that is for sale lies somwhere in the merchants house and if you buy it then you have it. There won't be any new item created. This is possible to change with scripts but I know nothing about scripting in Morrowind.
Have you noticed that if you sell an item that is better than all of the merchants he will equip him self with it and you can never buy it back.

Level 9
hmm...then that cant be the point when everytime u play morrowind item will be used and there will be none left for that type of item.but am sure that u cant clear the NPCs invtory because some of the item does respawn like the "Hammer u use to repair items" its always there.i stole 80 of those hammers and they come right back when the next time i check the NPC, and as for the cloth i think they do come back. but as for the material use to make items, there is a limit of those items so u have to use them wisely. but as for the other common items there should be no limit of those :)

but as for the scripting...what do u mean :?

if u want to get high lvl u must steal :D as for that u need money so u can find masters to train. some masters can be found in books that they worte...for exsample the books that riase the type of skill when u open it, some of the books shows some masters but not all does, most of the master u have to find them on ur own

so far i know:
some guy in Maar Gan with full glass armor (but missing helmet) hes in a little room he trains longblade skill

a redguard in vivec arena fighters quarters,she trains acrobatics skill

Qorwynn in the stronghold indorranyon,he trains enchant skill (we have talked about him before)

Hecerinde hes the master of security u can find him in balmora in hes house and u visit him at the balmora theif guild quest

Wadarkhu in Gnar Mok hes in something rest at the middle of the village, hes the master of sneak

and the last one gro-boguk a orc at the vacant tower west of dagon fel (i think) hes the master of unarmored

Level 12
Levels, you can only raise in levels as long as you can train your primary and secondary skills (not sure if they are named so). And you can only train them up to 100 points. This means the lower point vaules you have at start, the higher level you can achieve, but the harder i will be to play.

Scripting, I mean scrips in the editor. Yes some items are respawned and I think this is scripted.

I didn't know that you could find the master by reading the books hmm :eek: . When I where to find the masters I got a page on the internet telling all masters locations in the game.
The master of heavy armor can be found at the fighters guild in Vivec. He is the only master I can remember, it was around 2 years since I last played Morrowind.

Level 9
Levels, you can only raise in levels as long as you can train your primary and secondary skills (not sure if they are named so). And you can only train them up to 100 points. This means the lower point vaules you have at start, the higher level you can achieve, but the harder i will be to play.

u mean the bonus skills form every race? but that is not true they all have a equal of 45 points so every race is the same level BUT skills does not matter, what matters is that the look of the character, when u get the wrong skills u can simply change them by training hard...at max level u end up with the same level anyway but if ur character looks bad then u will have to deal with it the whole game...that will make u some how not like this game and will start getting bord.

so u dont play morrowind now? well i have been playing everyday and if ur still play i can help u with quests :D

Level 12
Look of the character? :?: That has nothing to do with the maximum level. Skills is the only thing that matter when talking about level achievement.
I installed Morrowind again to check some things.

About max level:

Major skills: 5
Minor skills: 5

Race: +45 skill points

All minor skills starts with: 15 points
All major skills starts with: 35 points
Bonus skill points from race is then added.

If you choose a race that doesn't add any skill points to your minor and major skills then the max level is:
Skill points to get from major skills: (100-35)*5 = 325
Skill points to get from minor skills: (100-15)*5 = 425
Total skill points: 325 + 425 = 750

Required skills points to gain level: 10

Max level: 750/10 = 75

Have you found any glass war axes? There is only one not equiped glass war axe in the game. It lies in the Redoran Vaults.
And there are no not equiped glass throwing stars, there are 16 in the game but they are all equiped by some NPC. I searched in the Construction Set.

Level 9
no i dont mean character look can change the level, what i mean was if u dont like ur characters look much? u can easily get bord of the game,and u wouldnt be happy with it... that was what i mean

and i think i found 2 glass war axe i kept 1 and sold 1 or 2 i dont really care about axes so i sort or forgot how u get it... but u dont get it form golden saints... i think u can get 1 at the ghost gate at the left door when ur standing in front of the ghost gate. theres a black smither, i stole ONE set of glass items form just 1 room...and am sure there is a glass war axe at the vivec vault but i dont know where is the vault in vivec.

and i think u will love this, its a sweet found :twisted: .just north east of vivec there is a shrine
its a big shrine i dont know u can miss it and its not really far from vivec.in side,turn left and u see a woman there, has SEVEN!!! daedric darts,i was able to get six she threw 1 to me. but if ur careful and good at sneaking,u can sneak behide her and do backstab damage...but the sad thing is that,i dont think u will kill her in just 1 hit, she had crappy armor but she can take 1 of the daedric claymore damage :shock: thats how she get to throw me that dart...if u killed her u get petty nice items form her theres like amulet + 5 skill (i forgot what skills but it was good items):D and i havent found any ebony stars yet :(

Level 12
Ah now I se what you ment with character look. :wink: But I don't thing it would matter much since if you liked the chaaracter when you created it, well you propably like it the game out. The only thing that chages is the armor and clothes you wear.
Hehe I ecountered a funny thing once when I installed a mod wrong. The mod added a new armor set but I missplaced the model files so when I equiped one armor peace then that body part was invisible. Looked quite fun.

Yes I know this place with daedric darts. It's the only place I know where you can get them without stealing. I wasn't able to kill here quickly enough either so I did noly get around 4-5 of the darts.

So Golden Saints can't giev glass war axe? Don't remember but they can give all other glass weapons right? And ebony and daedric if I remeber correctly. If I begin to playe again I will change this in the Construction Set so that they can give all types of glass weapons.

I'm sure you know about Scamp the daedra thing in Caldera who buys things for full price and has 5000 gold, but did you know about the merchant mudcrab? He can be found somewhere around the same place as the woman with daedric darts and he has 10 000 gold! And he gives full price all the time. It took me years of playing before I found him.

Level 9
yes i know both of the scamp and mudcrab but i didnt know they buy stuff for full price...and i didnt even know the scamp can trade :? ...but when i found the mudcrab... i was about to kill it but then hes wasnt attacking me so i think hes friendly and i talked to him i didnt even know that and the crab was a like "ahh so dry" or something like that. but i didnt sell anything to him and he only sells flin and other stuff -_-

and did u do the quest in tribunal? in Godsreach theres a house called Sadri Manor and theres a woman called Golena Sadri...speak with her and u get the quest.after the quest when ur done killing Glenda Sadri u get a few glass items,artifact(that mace) AND SUPER POISON PARALYZE ARROWS(1-5 poison dmg for 50 secs,and paralyze for 20 secs.)u will find 50 of them in ur body,but when u close and open her inv. she will have another 50 arrows :D :D ...so u can get as much as u want. infact i got 1 millon :shock: muhahaha, am so greedy

Status
Not open for further replies.