• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. đź”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does anyone know how to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Does anyone know the triggers needed to Buy Abilities, if there is any need, as ive seen on certain maps you can purchase abilities (from shops and things).
I would be grateful if someone could tell me how :)

thanks.

Level 7
If you use the conditions then you would have loads of triggers, for the condition though I would say use a condition to filter out a certain item-class. I dunno but it seems to me that its best not to have it go through loads of checks each time you gain any item.

Level 6
What is gane cache? is it a JASS system? i think i could use it if it will speed up the processes when an item is picked up in my map. i have 2*8 (i have 8 sets of iems) seperate triggers to deal with an item being picked up, and each trigger handles 5 items (there are 5 items in each set). btw, they are set items like in Diablo II in hat they level up with each additional item collected.

Level 7
Game cache is a type in warcraft, it can be used in GUI too, but of course it is better in JASS like everything else.

It's made for carrying data from one map/game to another, but can also be used to set up databases that can be accessed easier and faster than a ton of variables/loops/if,then,else statements and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.