• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does anyone actually still play or do people just come here out of nostalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
That's very much the case for me.

Warcraft III games will always hold a special place in my heart; the memories made here throughout the years will never be recreated. But my first love that brought me here was my love for custom maps - a love thoroughly supplemented by the Hive. Now, after years, Warcraft III just does not have the same appeal any longer and the Hive is just an occasional trip down memory lane.

Do people here still play Warcraft III maps?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I play my maps when I finish them on MP. Though it's been years since I've finished one...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Interesting question.

I haven't legitimately played Warcraft 3 in... Years? I mean I've tested maps I've worked on, I've run through the projects of others... And I'd be remiss if I didn't include, at least once or twice in the last 5 years, a quick jaunt onto Battle.net to keep it active. So sure, I may have played a map or two in the last (half-)decade. But other than that?... Nawp.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. I love so much about it, but the hard facts of life (for me) are that I am terrible at RTS's & don't really play them much for fun. I really love the campaigns & do that OK, but past that, I barely if ever play f'real.

I mod, though, still to this day (though it's increasingly slow, increasingly off-and-on, and all that). So I'm here on the Hive pretty much entirely for modding purposes. I'm here because this is where people are; all the other big modding sites (I know of) are long gone. If it wasn't a ghost town, I'd be @ Wc3C.net still. But alas.

Check my posting history.
How-bout-No-meme-14901.jpg

Level 19
Well warcraft is.... timeless I guess

there will always be people who still play it but at the same time it can only be played a few hundred times before feeling black and white

I know the whole reason why me and my friends used to play lan was for warcraft, but then after about 3 years of that it got boring

now we play warhammer, shooters and racers

To prevent the death of warcraft 3,i highly suggest to delete this threader.
The game itself isnt boring,just the gameplay is boring,so if someone makes a map with an gameplay that is good enough to beat a gameplay like Dota's,then it would bring warcraft back to new life.
So do a map with an awesome gameplay,before i do it.
Just saying,dont forget to share the gameplay on every gaming site u find.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
,so if someone makes a map with an gameplay that is good enough to beat a gameplay like Dota's,then it would bring warcraft back to new life.
You know gaming life is much more than the brainwashing DotA, right? Have you even taken a look at what maps this site has stored? There are so many game genres here... Heck, even Vampirism, Tree Tag, Elevator Murderer and other maps of this type became a game (eg: Dead by Daylight).

Level 19
You know gaming life is much more than the brainwashing DotA, right? Have you even taken a look at what maps this site has stored? There are so many game genres here... Heck, even Vampirism, Tree Tag, Elevator Murderer and other maps of this type became a game (eg: Dead by Daylight).
wish any of those actually grew back then. moba killed wc3 just as good as blizzards

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
wish any of those actually grew back then. moba killed wc3 just as good as blizzards
Yeah, somewhat it's sad. What I'm saying is that, these days a lot of gameplay ideas and mechanics seen in Warcraft III maps have become actual games and I doubt that the original Warcraft maps authors had anything to do with it except for those two that worked on DotA.
This is what for me Vampirism, Tree Tag, Elevator Murderer,campaigns,Sunken Ruins and other maps are:
Well, I'm glad I've read that again. I really thought you were generalizing. If it's just about you, well, I and many others don't care.

Last edited:
Are you a professional moron or just a gifted amateur?
Hmm...,i would never call myself moron,some people say that i am a ice cold person,a bastard,a legend,a king and my bff told me once that im an asshole.
I know no one that called me moron before,so that would be new for me.
Well, I'm glad I've read that again. I really thought your were generalizing. If it's just about you, well, I and many others don't care.
@Speaker of Many Others
Welp,it makes me happy when u dont care. :D
original

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
I play it on Game ranger almost every day, well if I find people. You see in Game ranger there are A LOT of rooms but they rarely extend over 5people (except for dota rooms). There are a lot of people playing thought, if someone knows another platform where people play please inform me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.