Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Do you believe...

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by mckill2009, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Red

Red

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Fundamental theists squandering God's precious gift of life on a wc3 forum.

Fundamental atheists wasting their one chance at life on a wc3 forum.

2. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    >implying life is not about free will

3. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If Red's post wasn't clear, in this metaphor the wc3 forum is the infinite sin of man and the bold letters is to sharpen the unfocused nature of the human mind to make us aware of it. It's pretty good stuff, and this picture speaks volumes about it.

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/rdsjpgs/eagle.jpg

Measure how long it takes you to see the chipmunk in this stereogram.

Post your results in this thread.

4. mckill2009

mckill2009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    God only sets the stage for us to live, he does not 'always' interfere with our lives 'directly', in other words we have our own free will, so the question of why doesn't God help us when we are choked of something (not only eating)...well who knows about his plans?, maybe when we're in a hospital, we can meet a beautiful nurse who will be the inspiration of our life?, then the devil will destroy your relationship coz of money, then God will set the stage again because she drugged herself then you visited her at the hospital, next, IDK...There are so many of that happenings in my country and I believe so does yours...

5. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, that's a very interesting point. One of the core reasons why we will probably never know the exact origin of the universe is that we would have to know about the pre cause - and it is (at least by any human technology) impossible to know what existed before time, because we have to interpolate past using known laws of physics, which means not only we could be dead wrong, but that we also can't interpolate past the singularity because it is very likely that the rules of physics came into existence at the big bang. If you learn something about quantum physics one of the first thing you notice is that the concept of time becomes irrelevant. It is very likely that time by and of itself does not exist at all, but is an anthromorphic concept used to explain reality (sort of like religion in some way). It's just that time is a concept that's useful in everyday life because we can quantify reactions to organize our life, but really, asking what happened before time is extremely ignorant. That's a question as to - what happened BEFORE time existed, and the only reason 'before' and 'after' exist is that we have introduced the concept of time. Really, those are questions that can't be answered by the greatest minds that have ever lived nor by those who live today, but somehow it seems that 'god must have done it' because we have no answer. That is non sequitur to anything, I can claim the same about allah and you wouldn't be able to show you are more right than myself.

Now, this is where your argument is dreadful. Your idea is 'science can't do it therefore bronze age texts got it right'. Well. I can't really argue with that. People try hard to believe any kind of ancient texts, be it texts sumerians, babylonians, egyptians, hebrews or arabs wrote, and they are all right in their own mind because they beleive that texts written by ignorant men and interpreted by slightly less ignorant man will yield facts. While any religion COULD be right, it is very unlikely because claims all religions propose go against what we can very well know about reality.

:goblin_boom:
    The worst thing is, we know exactly what cultures created which biblical myths. If you learn proper history of the bible (the book) you will realize that it is actually a bunch of babylonian and egyptian myths sprinkled with semitic mythology, which makes the old testament. The new testament has absolutely nothing to do with jews and is created in time when eastern dharma has started coming to europe (hindu religions) and when greek stoicism was a thing. Really, we know exactly which cultures created which biblical myths when it comes to a greater part of the bible.

Woah... Really? Did you completely turn a blind eye on poverty and sufferings THROUGHOUT HISTORY? Some of it which is connected DIRECTLY to the wrongdoings of churches? Really? It was prophecied that there will be poverty and suffering and that less and less people will believe christian mythology. Well, the reason they knew this will come is that they weren't idiots. At the time christianity arose the cult of greek gods was starting to disappear and they knew damn well that religions don't last forever. Old testament prophecies similar things, since hebrews were there to witness the fall of the cult of babylonian gods. Really, claiming that there must be something holy and true about your book because of commonsencial 'prophecies' is really wishful thinking.

Let's see, by your logic Star Trek is better than the bible at prophecies therefore it must be more true. Therefore everything in star trek has to be true (including that there's no god) because star trek prophesied tablets and mobile phones. Ha, take that!

Why do you think this? I was about to ask you how would you know such things but then I realized that calling this 'knowledge' would be way over the top. Religious people like to profess knowledge without any strict scrutiny.

Or maybe it all happened without god. Seeing as how everything we know happens without any sort of divine guidance (actually, read on determinism, it's very likely that any concept of 'free will' is completely anthromorphic) what makes you think that you can stick god in places where YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND why things happen? It's also a typical argument from personal incredulity, when people associate divine beings with natural processes, in which case your way of thinking is no better than that of sumerians 10000 years ago.

Why do you think this and why do you state this as a fact?

Did god tell you so?

Educate yourself on determinism.

Well, the real question is, why do you believe something with zero substance, and then gather answers about that divine being out of thin air (because you still have no substance)?

And god is necessary for this?

So it's the devil doing it, not because humans tend to be assholes? Great way to cop out of any sort of responsibility.

I am really starting to think it is you taking drugs, no offense.

Yeah. Things happen. That's incredible. Must be god's work. :/ By that logic, you should also believe in allah because he is no less fitting for this type of a thing.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  6. Red

Red

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  7. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It took me a good five minutes but i found it.
    For those that cant:
    see it now?
    [​IMG]

@happytauren
    >implying mckill is a real christian
    >implying star trek is better than star wars

But well, i aint even mad.
    :ogre_datass:

8. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

9. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is that an aborted fetus arm he's holding?
    *gets the flag ready*

10. Red

Red

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  11. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol of my day, thank you.

12. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't care, everyone is a real christian who believes in christian mythology. Now, every single one of you tends to decide who is real and who is not by how similar their beliefs are. I am probably not a real atheist because I love kiwi ice cream, because most atheists like chocolate ice cream.

Dafuq man, you should be jailed for dishonesty, I never claimed this, I just said that it has better predictive qualities than the bible.

>implying free will exists >.<

13. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  14. Red

Red

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

15. mckill2009

mckill2009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @HappyTauren
    I already explained above that God don't interfere directly to us, what you are doing now, typing 'YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND' on your keyboard is simply your own free will and understanding but it came from something or someone...

It's not the churches but men in churches who plays God, poverty and sufferings happens in every time, even in the beginning but more in these days, the world is dying, population control, earthquakes, tsunamis, hunger, not to mention climate change, it's getting hotter, scientists believes that the light of the stars will reach earth soon or a really big asteroid/comet will hit us (maybe), who knows that this is the start of the 'burning' of the earth like the Bible said...this planet will be burned by fire...

coz from where you stand/sit atm, you cant let the bread appear in front of you, but you must stand, grab from table and bring it to your desk...

Now let's go down from infinity to finite like our solar system, if God doesnt exist, why the hell is our solar system perfect?, the earth is normal cold/hot and other planets, also the sun keeps us from harm...why is it that for 4 billion years, a blackhole did not suck us?, now I believe that a creator placed these things to protect us, but then again time will come that he will end it...

EDIT:
    @trolman
    yes Im a Christian although I still like Death Penalty to be implemented XD...

16. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont want to argue with you tonight, lets just cuddle instead.

But robot limbs are cooler.

>implying self-determination is false

@Red

that earring is terrible, get rid of it

you've got alooot to learn

17. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You don't get it. You were stating what you think is true, you didn't explain jack shit, just as greeks didn't really 'explain' storms by zeus.

Yes, in fact, it came from exploding stars and physical processes > chemical processes then what we interpret as biology and neurology. It has jack shit to do with your god of choosing.

Well, just like many other ancient texts said. bible is not the only texts that speaks of destruction of the world, but you will ignore all others because your own is simply true.

Yes, that's because magic is not a thing. Just like god didn't do jack shit because that would require magic.

What the hell do you mean by perfect? Do you know anything about cosmology?

Yeah, the whole solar system exists so that you can have mountain dew and pizza >.> We define what's 'normal' and therefore the earth is 'normal'. What you're talking about is one of the most terrible forms of circular reasoning:
    1) men define what's 'normal'
    2) men believe god created the universe
    3) men live on earth
    THEREFORE
    god created the perfect solar system because it is normal by men's definition

Had life arisen on, say, venus, we'd be looking at earth in awe, just how cold it is! I mean, could you imagine us venuslings living on such a cold planet with so much water?!? The worst thing is, neither is our solar system perfectly fit for human life, neither are our bodies perfect. If humans had a designer, he was incredibly dumb.

Do you know anything about astrophysics and cosmology? Do you even know where black holes are and how they work?

Yeah, the creator created the whole universe so that we could exist. Your stance is totally not anthro-centric or bigoted, not one bit....

>implying you even understand how complex the question is (you don't, it has to do with physics more than any other science and you obviously can't grasp jack shit of it)

To be just like you?

18. I3lackDeath

I3lackDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    So, just out of interest, can someone pinpoint the current topic of discussion, please?
    -____-

19. Red

Red

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    My earrings, of course!

20. RedClaw

RedClaw

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Religion is useless,in the past they burned scientists like people who claimed the earth to be Round instead of the Religious claim that the earth is flat.So how is the earth?Round.
    Bring me 1 point that ''God'' exists and i will counter it.