• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'Disease' that Spreads Amongst Friendly Units? (without periodic trigger?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I'm trying to devise a spell that is cast on an enemy unit then will spread to nearby units friendly toward the original victim, if that makes sense.

There are old recommendations on this forum that involve a periodic trigger but I'm worried that is needlessly taxing by running a trigger so often.

Maybe something that adds friendly target disease cloud ability to a unit but puts it at -11,0 on command card or w/e? Maybe it's removed after sometime?

Level 39
There are old recommendations on this forum that involve a periodic trigger but I'm worried that is needlessly taxing by running a trigger so often.
This is not a concern. Many such triggers? Maybe. One? no.

The disease spreads from unit A to unit B. Does B suffer the same effects as A, or is it different for a secondary target? If B is the same as A, can B potentially spread it to unit C, or can only unit A spread to new units?

Level 18
yeah i think spreading A to B, back to A and to C would be fine. Possibly to place value on dispelling.

There are a lot of other periodic event triggers but only every like 90 sec or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.