1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Discuss Film & TV Series - Ratings & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by shiiK, Nov 12, 2011.

1. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hmm monster movies I haven't seen. Sounds like they might be worth a watch someday (even if your nostalgia could have influenced your opinion :grin:)

2. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Trust me, Tremors is absolutely fantastic. If you don't believe me, believe its 85% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

3. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    That makes for a quite compelling argument :smile: Even more so for a monster movie. Guess I now have a reward for myself when I finish my current busy streak.

4. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Believe it or not, even the direct to DVD sequels are regarded nearly or just as highly (Tremors 2 uses the same fantastic practical effects + has a 65% on Rotten Tomatoes despite having a lower budget), it's just one of those franchises that hits all the right notes (although I've only seen 1-4, I haven't checked out the 5th movie yet, and the 6th movie is currently in production)

5. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    That is undoubtedly a great achievement. I still recall my problems with the Resident Evil series, from being decent, to being plain headache inducingly awful. That Tremors managed to keep going for at least 4 movies and be good, darn.

6. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Been watching a few movies, as usual :p
    All of these are your average afternoon films, nothing too exciting, but decent to pass the time.

7. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Out of those, I liked The Italian Job the most, it was decent action and story, without trying to stretch my sense of belief to much (the 300 one became too much for me when, I was watching it).

8. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This one missed the whole point of what made the first film a credible one imho, in which all of the historical inaccuracies and over the top action scenes imho find a completely logical and satisfying explanation at the very end of the first film.

9. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I confess to not having watched 300. :p

More movies watched in the meantime:
    • National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, starring Nicholas Cage. I love this sort of mystery slash adventure slash historical films.
    • 2012, a 2009 movie of The Day After Tomorrow type — prediction of disaster.
    Not sure why both these movies received so much hate :p. They're admittedly exaggerated, but not that bad overall.

10. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    National Treasure 2, didn't really catch me the way the first one did. But it was decent. Haven't watched 2012 (I weren't even aware of its existence). Gotta get around to watching some more movies, so I can recommend stuff. Usually just end up with audio-books or books in general consuming my sparse spare-time :grin:

11. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Watched Big Game (2014 film), a Finnish film. Channel AXN Portugal had advertised countless times a movie of a seemingly Chinese boy shooting an arrow from what looked like an aerial tramway. Since I like medieval stuff, I was curious :p. Turns out he is actually one of the Sami people. The movie portraits a 13-year old's fulfillment of a tradition to hunt an animal in 24 hours, alone in the woods. Meanwhile, he stumbles upon the President of the United States.

Given the record, I was expecting harsh critique for this film; although the effects and picture are pretty cool, on par with 2012 (film), the script is poor and the plot implausible. The chance to delve into Sami (or whatever is the culture the kid belongs to in the film) is wasted on strained, hollow catch phrases all too typical in cinema. To my surprise, the movie has 76% rating on Rotten Tomatoes; makes me think critique is a bit incoherent. :p My rating for this movie would perhaps be a little higher than for the two I mentioned in my former post, though not by that much.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  12. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  13. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Good ones, hello btw @Rui :]

It's been months <3

14. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Watched Thor Ragnarok. It's only fan service -_- The effects were bad (comparing to the others), really visible if its fake, the story was really tiny. Nothing really special. Still havent watch Infinty War but I'm pretty sure its over rated.

Pasific Rim. I thought it was a Transformer clone when it released, but its more like Ultraman with Power Ranger robot lol. I might say the fighting was pretty solid, although its actually boring lol. The MCs are just too OP. I think it has more potential to improve the story, like.. I thought that monster fanatic proffessor gonna turn evil by controlling the monster and that annoying guy gonna join him lol. For a better robot fighting, I prefer Real Steel. Planned to watch Pasific Rim 2 but reviews said that it was childish movie.

Already watched Frozen Olaf Adventure a dozen times only to see Elsa's new cloth. lol. For this short story, its pretty predictable, also the jokes. The song wasnt that great (maybe because Olaf wasnt great singer lol)

Planned to watch Lara Croft. But people said that they watch it not for the story and stuff, but only to see That Lara Croft actress in action -_- Also, havent watch deadpool 2 :(, not really like how Domino looks, hmmm...

15. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Typical :p

I watched The Kite Runner (2007). I knew I shouldn't be watching this kind of films because my heart just melts :pcry: After thinking for a while I realized these could be just cheats to emotionally engage with the audience, but then I found the Wikipedia article for the bacha bazi... I feel so powerless to help the world sometimes... :(

16. nhs325

nhs325

Resources:
    Resources:
    Currently thinking if Miraculous Ladybug or Troll Hunters are worth my time, both seems decent and I need a break from anime. Not sure if I can handle 3D Animation though.

17. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Watched Curse of the Golden Flower (2006). A medieval, very dramatic movie. I liked it! Apparently, historical accuracy isn't ascertained, but for all I've witnessed, I hope it's fiction! :p

18. nhs325

nhs325

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay after several days of binge-watching I came to some quick reviews of my shows in the previous posts:

Miraculous Ladybug: The show is good, maybe not Gravity Falls - esque good but it has a stand on its own. Obiviously it has span lots of fanarts and fanfictions but i'm not judging it. If you like Totally Spies but with a superhero spin-off and a (somewhat?) continious plotline, the show is for you.

Trollhunters in the otherhand is excellent, a good mix between action and adventure and a little bit dark. Obiviously its Gullimero Del Toro so you are gonna have a good time watching this. Its the world-building and the plot that keeps me on going.

19. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Watched The Scorpion King (2002). I think that's the first time I watched the full movie; I had only seen the last scenes until now.

Also watched Kept Woman (2015) this morning, which was nothing interesting. Just a telenovela-wrapped-into-a-movie sort of thing :p. There's not even a Wikipedia article for it xD

20. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources: