1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Discuss Film & TV Series - Ratings & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by shiiK, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So here I am reporting more movies seen in the meantime xD
    X-Men: First Class, X-Men: 2 and X-Men: The Last Stand

Watched 28 Weeks Later, a horror movie.

Chance at Romance. It's a pretty bland film. I was surprised to find it had a rating of 6.6/10. Not worth the time unless you're looking for a casual telenovella-in-1-episode thing.

2. dreambeliever

dreambeliever

Resources:
    Resources:
    I recently watched Icarus last night from Netflix. It is a really good documentary and made me realize why does the use of performance-enhancing drugs is not allowed if almost all the athletes are taking supplements that are not "banned" in the WADA's list.

3. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  4. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Watched While She Was Out. The movie's start is pretty bland. At some point I thought I'd be surprised, but then I wasn't. The abused-house-wife-goes-on-an-invidual-spree after walking around with a silent savior toolbox is just way too unbelievable.

More agreeable was watching The Golden Compass. I was surprised to find out it didn't rate too well, but I do love this sort of movies anyway. Despite the admittedly unoriginal and poorly developed characters, it didn't feel like wasted time at all.

5. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The book series behind it are quite decent in case you haven't read them or should be interested in doing so. (There is of course a lot more and a lot better character development in the books).

6. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Watched Centurion (2010), an historical movie. The explicit bloody scenes end up not working in their favor as the bloodspatters don't even look realistic (I recall a scene of a soldier hitting a tree with a spatter that looked like a melon breaking). At some point there's some progress towards character development. Though I feel that, in the end, neither the character nor historical planes are well developed. Still worth a shot for those who like medieval/historical films.

7. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Watched Jungle Book and two Indiana Jones movies: The Last Crusade (1984) and Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981). Watched Thor: The Dark World too. :wsmile:

8. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Always good with some classics. I do wonder if the Thor one was the good or the bad one? Can't recall the name of either.

9. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    From what I've read regarding critical response, it was the bad one — which, to me, was decent for some casual action! :p
    The good one is called Ragnarok I believe.

I've meanwhile rewatched Kingdom of Heavens (2005) and Karate Kid (2010). The first is a great movie already, though unfortunately story inaccurate, even though the characters are all real. There is a special version outside theaters which seems to have received much better response than the theatrical one. Karate Kid is also cool to watch, though I always wonder if the individualism doesn't stand out too much over the obvious saving that is having someone like Mr. Han willing to lend you a hand.

10. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hehe, I should get around to seeing some of the thor movies. I've only gotten around to the first and I still have an unopened DVS with Kingdom of Heavens in my collection. Karate Kid is likely the only movie with Jackie that I didn't see. Heard so much bad a bout it, and really didn't like the reboot idea.

11. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thor (2011) - IMDb
    Thor - The Dark World (2013) - IMDb
    Thor: Ragnarok (2017) - IMDb

Extra-bonus from the Vault, for all the Thor / Super-heroes fans out there:

The Incredible Hulk Returns (TV Movie 1988) - IMDb
    The Incredible Hulk Returns - Wikipedia

Quoting Wikipedia, "The Incredible Hulk Returns was a major ratings success, outdoing even the high expectations directed to it as a reunion of the Incredible Hulk TV series."

Hulk Thor.jpg

12. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm currently watching Knightfall - History Channel's historical/fantasy tv series about the fall of the Templar Order and the search for a Holy Grail.

It's not really great and doesn't have awesome reviews, but I kinda like it :) At least as something to watch until GoT comes back next year :)

13. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "Great reviews"?

IMDB score is 6.3
    Metacritic 47%
    RottenTomtatoes 60%

Not sure where you are looking xD

I am not saying great reviews equals a great show, just curious where you find those positive reviews.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  14. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uhm... Dude, what the f...ck? :D

15. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Knightfall (TV Series 2017– ) - User ratings - IMDb

On IMDb, ratings above 8 seem to come from people <18 (be they males or females)

16. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, did I just find a way to make myself seem 10 years younger? :D

Yeah, but I agree - it's not really a great show and I can see where the negative ratings/reviews are coming from... But I still enjoy it :)

Though I do kinda regret openly admitting to it and I think it's best that I keep my other guilty pleasures for myself in the future, because after reading some of those IMDb reviews I know feel like a total weirdo for liking that TV show :D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  17. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Im watching "The Killing of a sacred Deer", I'm 30 min in and don't understand a thing, and it has pedo vibes all over it.

Weirdest creepiest thing I've watched.

Turns out the plot was very twisted, you could tell it was based on a greek comedy. I'm still not sure why the dialogue felt so detatched or what the deal was with the bisarr sex scene. The ending was really good though.

But yea, had to skip a few cringeworthy scenes.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  18. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Rewatching the Tremors films, they're sci-fi / comedy / creature horror films that have actually aged very well (particularly the first two films) with some big name actors in them (Kevin Bacon for example). I gotta say, I really missed those movies, has anyone else seen them?

19. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tremors to me is the Jurassic park of monster movies, besides Alien and Aliens of course. The first and second movies really just felt right, like there was no BS and they cut right to the chase with the right amount of suspense and action. I also like how it isn't over the top like many other oversaturated monster/alien-horror movies.

20. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Exactly! The acting was solid, there was just the right amount of build up, the creature designs were fantastic and so were the practical effects. I LOVED the practical effects. I know the second one had to have CGI in some spots for budget reasons, but it was still wonderful.