1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Disapointments with StarCraft 2?

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by JimBob, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    We all have gripes with the game, but it performs pretty flawlessly as a competitive RTS, and the campaign (although lacking in my opinion) was pretty damned polished.

2. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes I agree, the campaign is awesome and I didnt like the complaints about it. Bnet is the one needing more polish.

3. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I didnt have any complaints against the Campaign except it seemed kinda cliche in some areas.

The Zeratul vs Kerrigan dialogue was extremely cliche, tbh. I wanna know how suddenly Kerrigan knows everything about the Xel'Naga, in SC1 I remember it was mainly the Protoss who knew about the Xel'Naga..

4. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    There were some SC novels that took place between Brood War and WoL, I'm sure those would explain away some of the inconsistancies one would see having only played the games, you can probably attribute it to those.

5. Orly_YaRly

Orly_YaRly

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im disapointed with many things, none of them about gameplay.

1 - Whining about Terran being OP
    2 - Whining about Protoss being most played race
    3 - Whining about zerg being completely unplayable (yes, they are people like this)
    4 - People yelling "MAPHACK!" in every game when i spot reapers/stalkers/nydus worm/etc. getting in my base and dying before they can do any damage.
    5 - People who says this game sucks and command and conquer 3 is better 100x times.
    6 - People who thinks they know everything and keeps talking in my tactics
    7 - Allies that leave due to sync
    8 - Allies that leave due to being absolutely retarded
    9 - People who join games just because they want to know how to counter zerglings
    10 - People who are whining because Galaxy editor is harder then world editor and they cannot spamm fail maps now
    11 - People on SC II forum that are creating spam topics about how to make their pen0r not look like a mini sousage
    12 - People who keeps masturbating with picture of Kerrigan in their other hand
    13 - People that actually create threads like this

Here you go, 13 problems (on page 13)

6. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In spite of being said that way, I agree. =P Warcraft III had so many and they were so varied.

I'm currently very annoyed by the map browsing system. I keep seeing the same maps at the top. They don't change. Less played maps are not been given a chance to climb up and it takes ages for maps below the list to fill. It's a very bad system, in my opinion. Maps that are popular don't need to be brought to the top of the list because they're already popular and people will naturally search for them. At the very least, the list should not be organized by popularity by default.

Relating the Narud discussion, did Dr.Narud ever shake hands and meet face to face with Raynor? I didn't know Duran had the ability to change his appearance, so I just assumed that the doctor speaking is not Narud, but someone else posing as him.

As for Kerrigan's hair, it really depends on what the hair is. In humans, hair is a protein, not a cell, and as such, is the result of the expression of genetic code. Given that, there are three possibilities:
    • The hair is the result of Zerg cell genome expression, and with those cells destroyed, her regular hair might grow again and we'll have a beautiful Kerrigan in Heart of the Swarm (=D).
    • Her hair is a bizarre combination of human and Zerg cells which did not get destroyed by the relic's power.
    • The hair is a protein resultant from the expression of a human and Zerg hybrid cell immune to the artifact's power. If these cells did not suffer any damage, they'll continue to produce hair.
    It is not likely that her hair is made of Zerg cells, else it should have been destroyed by the artifact (a bald Kerrigan would have been extremely hilarious :xxd:).
    Either way, if it does not fall off, I want to see a scene of Kerrigan trying to brush her hair in Heart of the Swarm. :xxd:

7. Orly_YaRly

Orly_YaRly

Resources:
    Resources:
    I lol'd :grin::grin:
    "Damn Overmind! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LOOK SEXY WITH THIS SHIT INSTEAD OF MY HAIR?!"
    *Kerrigan throws brush out of the window*

8. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    At the time, I was extremely frustrated. I've been working on model selection for creeps (this one wasn't so bad) and towers (this one took a long time). I probably posted that right after staring at available models for several hours.

9. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @ORly

Yes #1 and #3 annoyed me just as much on TL forum.
    #4 yes no skill has now excuse thx to the fact that hax do exist but they are also an awesome excuse for a loss!
    #5 are there any? haha pity them
    #10 it is a mess but I'm not complaining about the editor at all, seems we complain at the areas we're best at - some at melee, some at the editor
    #12 lol #13 yes because they find things wrong with campaign

10. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    When there are few bugs that bug me, like there are some bugs with non game but menu and stuff interface, plus lately I don't know why I don't see the player portraits and achievements!

11. Killrogg Deadeye

Killrogg Deadeye

Resources:
    Resources:
    - The legacy map converter doesn't convert cliffs and water
    - Impossible to create custom campaigns
    - The whole custom models/textures thing is much more hard than WC3 to put in custom scenarios
    - Artanis voice sucks, it seems a young boy (at least in my language version, italian, much better in Brood War)

12. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not sure if I posted my disappointment of the game - I have absolutely no complaint about the game but about the service operating with the game. It's this f***ing retarded battle net. And the newest retardness is:

There where you see the bars:

||||||||||||||||||| Games (334)
    ||||||||||||| Wins (165)

Couldnt they just type a player's Wins:Losses than having to calculate 334 - 165 and similar calculations... why cant they make a NORMAL bnet - click profile, you see Win, Losses % like old bnet, it's like they purposely made it less comfortable.

I really dont understand what BlizzTarD are doing with this battle net. This battle net needs so much to be done and NO im not gonna reveal myself to the trolls at SC2 battle net forums just to raise these issues. If anyone wants to you're welcome.

13. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The bars help if you want to know your rough win percentage, and if you want to know your losses you can go check your ladder (as easy as clicking on the icon).

14. Puncho

Puncho

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like to recommend a video game that seems more to your liking....http://chessmaster.us.ubi.com/xi/index.php

15. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    But I want Battle Net non-idiot version 1.0 style, you type a /profile Name command, you see a player profile, no matter if you just played vs him or you never matched, you double click a name in a chat channel, you see his profile, you /stats, you see his wins/losses his profile must have wins/losses not some bar.

I think seeing numbers like 60% gives a much better idea than seeing 2 bars and checking if the Wins bar is in the middle or a little past it,

Plus I dont need to see my stats when they appear
    here
    [​IMG]

but that of others.

No, someone should tell Blizzard to stop doing nonsense and actually start doing a normal battle net. Now you can enter the forums only by using your main account, which im soo not gonna do. If I post in TL some of their staff would close it for thinking it's just an opinion. Blizzard look at TL. Im gonna do it.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  16. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah battlenet for WOW and SC2 are both down. o_O hacked?

17. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do you really expect someone to Hack Blizzard's battle.net?

..Really. Think about that then respond.

18. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    No. And please do not think of me as an Iduiot. Considering. Both Battlenets are down right now. It was what made the SC2 forums go crazy

19. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    i hate how sc2 has no good custom maps yet.

wc3 should get alteast a new expansion or a new warcraft idc if it has a wow storyline. warcraft is just a fun game.

20. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually There is a ton of Custom games that are awesome. Like Cortex Roleplay and Nexus wars. And alot more. But i don't see how there are no good maps!