• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

different kind of attack system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
uhhm....is it possible to make an ability cause damage only in front of a caster? something like a new attack system like for example..this is what i made

event
a unit casts an ability​
condition
ability being cast is attack​
action
play unit's attack animation​
and here is when it goes confusing....it can only make a damage area BUT circular to the caster not just infront

so is there anyway to make it so? even if its jass vjass or whatever pls tell me :D +rep and thanks hehe i just REALLY need this for my new map

Level 6
and sorry i cant give you any rep..it says i need to spread more rep to others..sorry :(

EDIT:hey where did the gui form thing go? could someone pls turn it back or post it again pretty please (w/ dog pout)

there's some error on the previous trigger... let's just do it this way coz its simpler...
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast is equal to Attack
  • Actions
    • set p1 = Position of Triggering Unit
    • set p2 = p1 offset by 125 towards facing of Triggering Unit
    • set g1 = Units within 150 of p2 matching blahblah
    • Unit Group - pick every unit in g1 and do
      • Do - Actions
        • damage
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p1)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p2)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_g1)

Level 6
uhhm,...ok maybe thats a little bit no prob and this is it now i made the attack skill as a roar and when i casted it now recently it did not played any attack animation instead it casted a roar buff but of course it doeas not have any effect but still it did not cause any damage........what do you think is wrong? could you give me a sample map?i know this is somewhat too much but i would really appreciate it..and im really sorry for the inconvenience

Status
Not open for further replies.