1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Diablo III 1.0b

Submitted by Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Fast paced Hack'n'Slash with many references
to the Diablo III Gameplay Trailer

○ Physics
○ Custom Projectile System (e.g. evadable ranged attacks)
○ Smooth Camera System
○ Creep Spawn System (with some Randomization)
○ Random Drop System
○ Custom Item System (a simple one)
○ 3 Different Difficulties - Easy, Normal and Hell
○ Difficulty System (Difficulty scales with the Player number)
○ 3 Heroes: Barbarian, Wizard and Witch Doctor
○ Custom abilities that are all enhanced via vJASS
○ Abilities scale with the heroes' damage
○ 21 Weapons with a special on-attack effect
○ Difficulty depending on the player amount
○ Good performance in terms of frame rate
○ Very entertaining combat overall and a huge boss fight
○ Gore

- playable with up 3 players -

Recruitment
Searching for:
A Texturer for skins (also tile sets) and icons.
A Modeler for some model editing or creating.

These Videos are quite outdated. However they still show the principles which is why they can stay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7S0SWoaj90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTqVuqTZt0k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqnkaDuNDWY&feature=player_embedded

Project Leader: Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Terrain: Syltman (and co-manager for a lot other stuff)
Modeling: None / Hiring

This project started about a year ago during winter when I decided to finally get my hands on a
Diablo III map. About 2 Month ago Syltman joined the 'team' to help out with the terrain and he's
given tons of other suggestions already. This map shall concentrate on a fast paced Hack'n'Slash
gameplay that fits the Diablo universe.

Notes:
Please take this map as an other alternative to CloudWolfs map and not a challenger.
It differs a lot from that one anyways :)

Now I'll try to answer probably upcoming questions:

Will there be a monk?
We may add a monk later on, however I'm not really confident with the model by Taylor
because the animations look awkward and it's look differs quite a lot from the normal
Wc3 units.

Will you add your own paths or is this just a rebuild from the Gameplay Trailer?
We first try to achieve a terrain resembling the trailer and when done with that there definitely
will be other routes and more stuff to explore.

Will you add additional abilities to the heroes?
Perhaps, in future more will be added. Right now the 3 heroes got 5 Skills each which allow for a lot replayability.

Will there be an Item System similar to Diablo III Warcraft?
No. In my opinion a map like this doesn't need something complicated as what D3 Wc3 currently has.
The system in this map shall ease the picking up etc. I think an extra UI is just overkill for this.

Screenshots 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screenshots 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screenshots 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screenshots 4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Version 1.0b - 07.26.2010

-lumber field at the top got replaced by a kill counter
-limited the amount of creeps that can exist
at the same time in the thousand pounder area
-did some rework with the spawn system region
(you cannot activate another "creep spawn chain"
while another spawning chain is still ongoing)
-added another hint
-fixed some stuff regarding the difficulty and
damage system
-fixed an sfx bug on the barbarians and TPs
charge abilities
-fixed / changed some other minor stuff

older changes

Version 1.0a - 07.26.2010
-made tooltips less colorful
-minimap is now hidden by an image
-item drop rate increased (slightly)
-removed the 2.8MB soundtrack by Youssef Goezoum

Release 1.0 - 07.25.2010

Released! :)

Thanks to the following 3 communities:
HiveWorkshop.com -:- thehelper.net -:- Wc3c.net

Code Ressources:
Jesus4Lyf -:- emjlr3 -:- Vexorian -:- Rising Dusk

Icons:
Destructor -:- X.e.r.e.X -:- Paladon -:- DevineArmy

Modeling / Skinning:
CloudWolf (extra thanks for the tile sets he provided us!)
Cavman -:- Mr.Goblin -:- shamanyouranus -:- Cycloverid
debode
-:- GeneralFrank -:- xXm0rpH3usXx -:- olofmoleman
MC!
-:- Chriz. -:- iNfraNe -:- Illidan(Evil)X -:- The_Silent
JetFangInferno
-:- Kitaba -:- dansaDisco -:- Tranquil
sc_freek
-:- HappyTauren -:- Nasrudin -:- PGRU-Unexpected -:- Amigurumi -:- Boneknight
WILL THE ALMIGHTY -:- Dan van Ohllus

Music
Blizzard

Also thanks everyone who gave feedback or played the map with me :)

Keywords:
Diablo, Diablo 3, Hack and Slash, Hack'n'Slash, fast paced, isometric view, gameplay trailer, thousand pounder, barbarian, wizard, witch doctor
Contents

Diablo III 1.0b (Map)

Reviews
22:01, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Updating the moderation with a rating: [img][c] Date: 2011/Oct/01 18:23:51 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 3/5 Recommended Rep Received: 0[c]Reasons: Other: If you have...
  1. BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since all cinematics, sounds, triggers seems extremly well done I just stopped at this point(enviroment). Critism isn't bad, commentors can give you tips, to show what they want and etc. so I did the same. If the map would be perfect you would receive 95% comment - "amazing map" but as I read others opinion they think more or less in a same way - map is great but it looks unfinished.

But also they said "can't wait for updates"...so no rush. I would like to see updates aswell :)

2. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Diablo 3 is a map of hack and slash, in my opinion it is fun and easy. Choosing the easy mode and playing will be exciting enough for starts. The monsters are un-defeatable head on, many strategies required to fight the massive spawns, the difficulty wasn't bad. The boss fight was interesting, the boss can only kill you within 3 hits in easy mode.

Fairly acceptable, lacking quite a pack of the game but the game play wasn't that interesting. The terrain was ok. I will give 3/5 I only played sorceress, but I think the rest will be as awesome. Though I still would like to thrash some dooadads ;D

3. Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for testing, I can just give you heads up to try out the other heroes too, play quite different and it's just a lot funu.
    Everyone likes leaping around with the Barbarian ;o

4. syltman

syltman

Resources:
    Resources:
    And now the wait for approval is on.

5. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cant believe the rating is so low... People are retards and know nothing about hard working mapmakers.
    Btw i suggest you to change tooltips back to their colored versions, it was not confusing

6. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I love the map!

one suggestion I have is that you add combat abilities used by the units so you have to aproach them diffrently, you had some but not enough.

MORE TRAPS!

are you suppost to be able to kill cain? ;o

another problem I had was with the items I didn't know which was better so I just picked it up and hoped for the best sort of.

7. Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @ Conlan
    Well it bothers me most that the majority of people, especially ones that are new to games, modding and general game design simply put the visuals by far above the gameplay. No wonder Blizzard gets all that hate for their games from the younger generations which wonder what may be so good about their games and hate them for their popularity.
    Regarding the colors. I won't change them back. I think either versions look nice and I can't be arsed being told about the colors any more ;P
    And it would take forever too undo the current changes. Even with that nice "Colorpicker" tool (that's really awesome) I'd take me easily more then 45mins if not above an hour x.x

@ Pinzu
    No big deal with Cain but of course I could make him invulnerable against allied attacks. That's just a minor issue but doesn't take long to code either so I'll see about it.

And yes extra abilities / characteristics for each unit is of course a nice thing. Although there must be some basic ones too. But a lack of models and other issues make it hard for me to come up with something.
    I've tried forever to recreate the Dark Berserker extra strong attack that's seen in the trailer but it just never felt right. I'd love to put in the Dark Vessel and Activated Vessel unit but unfortunately the model for the latter one has a huge flaw with its attack animation that will never get fixed by its author x.x

But yeah traps too are a nice thing. Though I dunno yet how to implant them best or if it even makes sense at all for this rather short map. I'd have to randomize them and I've no idea if I could make interesting yet random traps. Ultimately traps are a nice idea however.

Regarding the items.
    The "worst" are the white starter weapons, then come light blue, after that yellow/gold and at last purple items.
    The weapons have all different effects that are situational and it's hard to decide which are the best. Doesn't really matter which blue one you have. Obviously you simply should take yellow or purple ones of the blue colored weapons.

And the other items are very basic and tell you the exact stats which should make it easy.
    Going with purple > yellow > blue is the basic idea though ;p

Edit:
    Also I'd like to mention that you rate the map if you like it.
    I doesn't feel right to beg you guys for that but the more ratings the more people are gonna check it out you know. And I'd like to get more feedback.

8. Racoon

Racoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just downloaded and tried the map- one word: FUN.

Sure, the map doesn't have the amazing visuals like the Diablo map by Cloudwolf and his team but in terms of the gameplay this was far more fun. I especially liked how the time bubble for the wizard worked- evadable ranged attacks made strafing actually plausible!

However, there are some small changes you could make; on flights of stairs, the Wizard's ability Disintegrate halts- the stairs are descending so the disintegrate beam should still go through. I will try to provide a screenshot to show you what I mean.

The inventory system- standard inventory is sufficient; no need for a "REAL" diablo inventory. It would be nice to have a bit more varieties of monsters though- even if you have to use blizzard models- this would be well appreciated.

I really am excited on this map reaching completion; it is an amazing map- terrain is also very fitting but i felt it was slightly spacey- a bit too much room and not enough creeps. I think making more creeps but maybe less stronger ones would help to get the "swarm feeling" of diablo as well. In this game it's kind of groups of creeps at u instead.

Overall, I loved the map though it was short; keep doing what you're doing. oh yea- like Conlan said- it would be nice to for our cursor to be locked on our hero as sometimes instead of firing a spell i click on a creep.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  9. dreadlord_tr

dreadlord_tr

Resources:
    Resources:
    it is a professional work. Awesome but short.

10. Dragon270 THE ONLY

Dragon270 THE ONLY

Resources:
    Resources:
    The triggering and the Witch Doctor class were so freaking EPIC. This map is probrably the best so far for D3. Awesome how you kept to how Blizzard made the Witch Doctor's Mongrels. You cant mass them, and they are weak. Reminded me of the lesson I learned in D2, "NecroSkeleton massing is effective, but not as much as using your own attacks and spells". 5/5 for this map! :vw_love:

I hope this prject isnt dead. It was just too awesome.

11. wuw94

wuw94

Resources:
    Resources:
    Loving the physics in this map, and hoping for future releases. I, too, hope that this project isn't dead.

12. Spartipilo

Spartipilo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I LOVE the way corpses fly away, and that Chrono Sphere that slows stuff, and the avoid missiles is awesome... :D

13. Existas

Existas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm missing an update on this >.>. The way it's rated for such a masterpiece is driving me mad...

14. arphax214

arphax214

Resources:
    Resources:
    damn a good map underated sad..

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey, I liked this especially the boss battle (very thrilling).

There are some things to take care of though:
    -items need proper description (how much damage it adds, movement speed rate etc.)

Bug:
    -Meteor Storm level 2 does not work. The Wizard starts the animation but nothing happens.

I haven't tried all spells and heroes so this is all I have to point out right up until now.

16. Nosferoh

Nosferoh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fascinating design of heroes, decorating and UI. Slashing undead is quite fun. Too short gameplay time.

17. King Valdezar

King Valdezar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well done. 5/5 :). You can improve some of the icons.