1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Diablo 3 - What we know so far

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by cheesdude, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Anything.

Anything.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ofc, people should still be able to carry around potions of their own.
    What happens when you're playing with 7 other players and you all need the same health-crystal? You're all going to run to it, and the other 7 people are going to die.

There's also the possibility of stealing all the crystals in spite of other characters :/

2. Eccho

Eccho

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Not true Anything.

The orbs are just like runes in warcraft 3. It will be distributing health to the whole party. (at least those who is nearby, you can see that in the gameplay teaser).

Also even if it wasnt, diablo 3 has a new loot system customized for each player. I think that if the thing I said above was not the case, then orbs would spawn in the same way as the loot.

3. Arvedui

Arvedui

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed.

People read into things that aren't there.

Everyone, stop saying that potions are gone and now that they only drop from monsters in orb form. That's not true at all, we don't know, not yet.

4. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Except Diablo III has a loot system where the loot is shared and everyone only sees the loot which is given to them and not the loot given to others. So unless the orbs heal the whole group, they're most likely going to use the same system.

5. BlargIAmDead

BlargIAmDead

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Dungeons are no longer mansion-like buildings with floor after floor of rooms. They now feature bridges and big open spaces which certianly relaxes the atmosphere and will mean getting around will be a lot easier as exits may be more obvious."

I haven't been keeping up with the reports and rumors. So, does the above mean that they're building the indoor dungeons more like the outdoor areas in D II: the jungle, the desert, etc.?

6. Bong-Buster

Bong-Buster

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you watch the trailer full screen, somewhere you can find a "minor healig potion", the narrator briefly highlighted it.

7. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had the impression we were talking games being made, not "patches" Besides one of the only problems with the patch is it killed programs like newgen.

Btw if you guys read what I said, I said Health and Mana pots, of course they will still have potions but not the normal HP/Mana pots, and theres no potion belt.

Seriously face the facts and stop ignoring them, a lot of you act like this is a rumor or a temporary thing, theres no more pots and mana pots. No more pot belt, they have been replaced, now "Maybe" there might be rare potions that replenish HP and mana pot, but you guys think its the end of the world and the game is gonna suck, seriously just stop bitching, the game is going to be great, they are trying no things, and they suceed in making good games. Seriously its not the end of the world stop assuming its going to be imbalanced, infact pvp wise it balances things, in D2 if 2 guys wee just as strong as each other, its whoever has the most pots wins... This way it will actually take skill, and things like someone waiting till they have 1HP health then use a pot and kill you... This way its fair, your saying its not because everyone is used to have a belt of pots in PVP and while gaming. Look at guild wars, they dont use pots, but they use spells to heal them. Works perfectly fine that way, if they use orbs same as loot system the game will be great. They wont be wasteful they will prob drop when your starting to get low on health/mana.

Its possible there are rare pots that give HP/Mana, but the whole common concept of them is pretty much gone, they were replaced by orbs.

Potions in general won't be gone, but Health and mana orbs, maybe stam orbs replaced them.

I just wanted to let you know real quick that they weren't playing legit in that video, infact they cheated big time through out that entire video, to show us the cool stuff.

8. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here we go again..

You're speaking as if you know for sure. Potions were replaced by orbs? Did i read that correctly? Were? Are you from the future?

Please show me the damn video/source where you got this idiotic idea of potions being completely removed..

9. Moontraveler

Moontraveler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's a horrible excuse for your idiocy. I was talking about the "You know blizzard won't fail us" part. Besides it took a fucking year for that "update that will help extend Warcraft 3's modding life-span.", and throughout the beta test none of the bugs that were reported were even fixed, PLUS several people had to download additional software for Warcraft 3 on it's own to work.

Self explanatory.

Look at yourself first.

Stop counteracting your own post.

It looks like your bitching to me.

Not a fact.

It's not the end of the world, and what makes you believe that it's even balanced at all?

But Diablo never fucking was about PvP, Guild Wars was about PvP. Learn the difference.

And you assume that's a good thing?

The only true thing in this idiotic wall of text, only they didn't "cheat" they created the whole level and bosses to show us what Diablo 3's features are like.

10. Sheeva

Sheeva

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ofc they going to cheat to show the cool stuff, if they didnt it would be pretty boring no?

11. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
    No it wouldn't. Otherwise noone would buy the game.