• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Development: Shadebark Forest Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
"...only you just crash a ship on an island, but i already have hunger system, (i used mana) and currencies are lumber and supplies..."

I did not really undestand that, my friend. I use hunger as a different value from life and energy. And I have stone/lumber supplies, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
MrStormyZ ... where are u ? :S You are nowhere to be found and the map needs a terrainer ...

About the diseases.. perhaps there might be injuries like spider venom or broken leg, which will slow you, etc. But the swine flu is far too unnecessary. 10x for the idea, +rep.

Level 9
MrStormyZ ... where are u ? :S You are nowhere to be found and the map needs a terrainer ...

Oo
I seriously have no idea on how you people work, but thus far all people who had me Terrain their maps had given me the map via private msg/Visitor msg
over the time I was not online, now I didn't quite get on what you meant by
"You are nowhere to be found " LoL ? check your profile!

Level 15
Map is proceeding forward. Some new things have been added. I hope that when the terrain is finished - I can launch at least 1 small playable version for you to test! :p

------------------------------------------------------------------
I though of adding modes like:
- 10 vs Environment
- 5 vs 5 vs Environment
- FFA vs Environment (With a different standard builder for everyone.)

Also of adding difficulties which would alter cree hp/speed and hunger loss speed, etc.

What do u think?

Level 4
just for more idea to make the game more interesting... well i have a nature lover (whatever its name) club in my school and they often do survival in the forest, i ask them what it's like in survival and they say...

1. it almost impossible to hunt animal by chasing them (based on their experience) because animal is so sensitive to a new comer by smell our "human" smell, and it's very exhausting chasing them because the field is not flat and it so fast. not only the smell but they can hear a twig crack and our footstep , make them very hard to hunt..

2. maybe there is magical unsure in this map, but i want to share also my knowledge in survival in forest. the player is not only rely on his luck/skill/teamwork but also logic, i think it will be cool if theres a logical thing in this map like don't camp on river because it the water source for let say bear, big cats, and other thing and they hate outsider, so at the night, set trigger to spawn some bear and cats that have a drink in there and remove them at the noon

3. If you agree with me in statement that "it almost impossible to hunt animal by chasing them" you can use "trap" instead. Theres a lot of trap, a trap that made from hole cover by leaves, etc. I think you should read type of trap because it will make the game better instead of throwing spear. You also can add trap that have a lure, well be creative. I suggest you create invisible dummy unit that have shackle ability and set the damage to 0 and duration 200 second. So if a bear/animal/monster that enter the region, the dummy will shackle it so Hunter in your team must take responsibilty at trap thing, because if in 200 second he didnt attack the trapped animal, animal will run away and you lack of food!

4. My friend from nature lover club also said when they on survival some of them guarding the other and some of them sleep, so teamwork is holding the key of winning this game. So please add sleep mode, it depends on you , will it by skill or by typing "sleep" Because someone is guarding at the night, it should be a monster/nocturnal animal that aggresive and have a chance attacking your camp.

5. It just a suggestion but if you can please lock the camera and don't share vision. It will make the game more cooler and challenging. My friend said 1 of his bad experience when surviving. He get lost and he realized it is impossible to shouting, so he set a smoke sign.. The point is, if you lock the camera and don't share vision there is a chance of lost and it's cool dude! Let say your hero get a broken leg and you left him, well that could be a good joke because your friend will shouting/spamming on game message: Hey dont leave me!!, rofl. Well you can add it by adding skill that ping on the map (smoke sign), that should be cool

Sorry guys if my idea too long but it's for the game that make it better!

Last edited:
Level 23
Thats one weird nature lovers club you got there Oo
Nature lovers who go and hunt animals in the woods.

Anyway, some of your points would overcomplicate the game. However 2 is nice.
And I believe that there is already a sleep mode, but its more of a skill used on your char that puts him itno sleep for some time.
And since there are different classes, teamwork will be a necessity anyway. So due to sleep being very temporary, the defence at night will be done with the whole team.
You should also remember that this game has not only wild animals, but also different monsters and undead.

Speaking of undead... Windu, I propose that undead and monsters should spawn in the dungeons, and ghosts should be spawned at special obelisk buildings(Icecrown Obelisk) aroudn the forest.

Level 15
@xokelat

U will sure get rep for such nice suggestions. Let's go over them:

1. It's a game after all. But yes, animals will be faster than you and will have evasion to make them harder to kill just by chasing and hitting them. You will have nets, spears, traps, camoflage and stuff like that.

2. THis sounds nice, but the idea of the game is that at night evil spirits will attack your camp. After all this is a magic forest :p

3. Yes, traps will be a very important part of the game.

4. This is realistic but .. u can't except a player to sleep for ore than 8-10 seconds in a game... cause like sleeping for 1 minute is really boring for the player.

5. Games that have "locked camera" are incredibly repulsive to me. I would never ever ever play a game with locked camera in wc3. On the other hand, no vision is shared between the survivors and the buildings (except fire and torch) provide a very minimal sight range, so u can't use them to see what's going on around you. At least that part I have though of :p

What do u guys think about different modes?

Level 3
This map sounds really nice, cant wait for a beta version for testing :p

About the different modes i vote yes, cuz then it will be more variation and more fun.

Keep on going!

Level 4
More idea, i ask my friend again about the most important thing in survival and of course its food. My suggestion:

1. Well this maybe too much detail but please add decaying system for item (food). It maybe not very important but if you add this i'm sure , a lot of player that already try other surviving games will pick their thumbs up for you! "It's real surviving games, let's try!"

2. Other detail, first i want to ask: is there any river on this map? if is it yes, please make it walkable and please add some wave on this river. So if this river have a heavy water/wave, your hero will be dragged away by the water and your friends should work together to save you, it can be done by throw a robe (using shackles ability that drag someone) or something else. Also when you walk on river , set a invisible dummy unit that cast slow, because when you walk on water you weight is increasing.

3. my suggestion also add more advantage and disadvantage to other character. Add advantage like example: villager, advantage: cooking experience is better than the other so it has 40% chance to create "super delicious" dish/meal. or worgen, advantage : blessed with wolf-like feet so it movement speed is maximum, or pandaren, advantage : his fat body has chance to reduce damage more than the other.

4. i forgot about your features but i think you should add cooking spell/skill. a set of simple trigger is available on thehelper.net forum. if you already add it, sorry didn't noticed. Add also fishing features (sorry if i didn't noticed), all of this stuff maybe too much detail but i think this is the important part.

5. when it night, please reduce the vision to the very minimum. In this case, the hero must cut the tree, create a stick (this stick can be upgrade to be walking stick so there wont be so much item), and burn the stick to become a torch. You should add attachment (torch model) and i recommend the torch on this website. It will be more challenging if you lock the camera :D

5. as i say that food is important key to survive, please add more food resource, not only base on meat but maybe something else. Add something like fishing, fruit from tree, vegetable (i think i'd read "garden" features), and honey. It is important because honey has a lot of glucosa and support our body. Maybe you should ask modeler to create honey nest model and make it model of unit that flying and place it near tree. If you right click on it, you will attacked by bees unless you burn something , well it depends on you.

I'm sorry i just got only a few ideas, i'll ask my friend tommorow and post the new idea

Level 23
Im pretty much sure they'll say "Whomever made this game is freakign insane, its impossible to get to the end!"

Im pretty sure 3 is obvious =P

Well the vision gets worse at night automatically you know. And the torch is already a building, but an item would be good too.

Level 15
About the torch - I'd really like to make one, actually. Though I dont know if all my models have the correct attachment points :S

I've been fighting one day to make the stupid gates work and finally I made it! ^.^

Progressing further now!

Level 3
Ideas

I got an idea.

A surviver thats able to tame low level animals and can be upgrade for higher leveling taming.
Equipped with bow and arrows specilaized in crafting better arrows, and can pick up fur for making items, plus being able to carry a Hunting Tent/Lodge on the go.

/Tozza

Last edited:
Level 1
So I checked the date on the posts, and I guess since this is an active, I'll give my suggestions. Not like that has stopped me before.... Anyway:

Perhaps you could add a mode where you choose your own allies. You start out allied, but then you have the option to split into groups of as many sizes as you wish, groups of two, five, seven, however many a team decides to alliance to. I myself can see some complications in this, but yes, a suggestion nonetheless =P.

Also, are you accepting help on this map? I will force my friend to come and give his suggestions as well, tomorrow. >:D

Level 1
Hey, Friend of Eitak and offering both of our souls as testers, Haha, No REAL editing or terraining skill here(=/) but I could brainstorm..I s'pose, Just read all the info and it looks promising. :grin:

Level 1
Hey, Friend of Eitak and offering both of our souls as testers, Haha, No REAL editing or terraining skill here(=/) but I could brainstorm..I s'pose, Just read all the info and it looks promising. :grin:

While he is good at basically nothing, I'm okay with some stuff... Heh... heheh... Not the best in any particular thing, but I can understand most things and get them to work. Clearing up the confusion as I feel I must X_X

Level 3
I've been trying to get in contact with the Leader since a while but either he isn't responding or Skype is acting stupid again..

Yeah, hes online on Hive sometimes tho, but he doesn't answer in the forum :/

Level 1
I think at the moment his main priority is the Goblin Defense map he's working on. Either way, once he gets that one out, it'll give us something awesome to play while he works on this. ^^

Level 4
hello, i'd like to give a suggestion about the evil spirits
they may have a source, like a dark priest, so they float around the map, beggining in the priest's place, and if you defeat the priest, spirits wont come from there anymore
(maybe until a new priest arrive xD)

Last edited:
Sounds very interesting and unique! But what you didn't mention till now is what equipment you are going to have (knifes, ropes, campin cooker, etc.). If you want, i can make you a combat knife or eventually other stuff, if necessary. Just PM me if you need anything and I'll try. :ogre_haosis:
I'd also recommend making a fishing skill. Oh, and why not add something ''strange'' to the map as well? Something like very small clan-settlements of ''strange wanderers that turn into werewolves in some nights (not all nights)? Make something like a moon-circle system (full moon, etc) so that the strange people become werewolves only during full moon. And that the moon-phases maybe influence other things as well, like the fish are not biting often to the fishing bait, certain creatures more aggresive than other times, rare creatures crawl out of their lairs, special plants flower only during a certain moon, and possibly more.

Status
Not open for further replies.