• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detecting Reincarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making a spell that gives you reincarnation, but then removes the reincarnation once it's been used. The problem is, I have no idea what Event or Condition I'm going to use*

Here's my trigger so far:

Event

Condition

Action - Remove Reincarnation
What Event and Condition do I have to use to know if reincarnation is used?

Level 1
Event
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Reincarnation

I think that should work....

Level 13
Hm, you're right. There's no way to refer to Reincarnation. I had the idea to do a "unit-dies"-event and then check if the unit has "Reincarnation" (it will be casted then, eh), but that's not possible, too. Correct me somebody if I'm wrong and give a solution, plz.

Level 3
first time i'm probably going TO TRY to help somebody here :) But it's only my second post :wink:

Woudn't it just work if you would does this

Event
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Reincarnation
Actions - Wait 10 seconds (so the spell can do its thing)
- Remove Reincarnation

or would that be to easy?
I'm just a noob here :wink: But I always loved searching for prgrammingsolutions :wink:

Level 13
Like I said, "Reincarnation" is no casting ability, you can't refer to it by "Ability being cast"

Don't really know why it's no casting ability, it's the only ability with this property.

Though you created that trigger above you're not such a n00b as others are 8)

Level 3
Can I get another try? :D

Event
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies
Conditions
(Learned Hero skill) Equal to Reincarnation
Actions - Wait X seconds
Remove Reincarnation

Now you don't using the "casting ability"...
Would it work?

Level 13
Of course you can have another try. Good idea with that trigger, had the same but didn't test it out. It should work though the ability is removed and there's not the problem that the trigger will run although the ability is disabled (after using it).

Edit: Hmm, I think the condition won't work because "Learned Hero Ability" refers to a learning ability event.

Level 3
I'm gonna try again 8)
This one is a bit harder...
Somewhere on the map, you place an item, one for each player,... (It must be ONE specific item (like an ank or something... doesn't matter, nobody will ever c it))
Then create a region underneath every one of the item separatily....

Then come the triggers:

Events:
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies
Conditions - Item -(Item in (region)) equal to (theitem (<- Can be done by a variable if i'm correct))
Actions
- Item - Remove (Random item in (region) (there is only one ;))
- Wait x seconds (the reincarnation from the hero is working now...)
- remove reincarnation...

So next time... if he dies... there's no reincarnation, and there's no item anymore, so he won't run the rest of the trigger anymore (if you make a trigger for each player, and have only one hero, you can disable the trigger after the "remove reincarnation").

Would THAT work :D
i'm getting out of solutions :roll:
(Oh my god... is this still a noob solution?)
(Yes it is! But it's also a creative one :wink: )

Level 3
couldn't you say that BEFORE i made that solution up...

It would have worked ya know :roll:

Can't you just give them one Ank of Reincarnation :wink:

Level 13
:lol: good solution :lol:
I didn't know that the dying-event doesn't refer to units having/using reincarnation, just detected this by chance when I tested another possible solution.

A good idea when a trigger isn't working -> create an action that's "Game - Text Message" (there you type any message, e.g. "trigger working) so you see if it's fired or if there's an error in the event

Level 3
So actually... there's no way to detect a Reincarnation in action...
Because it doesn't count as a death and neither as a spell being cast... What can we do then?

Level 3
So... at last... The great creators and map makers of this forum... saying that nothing can be impossible... Got... defeated :roll:

ah whatever :) better luck next time :wink:
And maybe i'll come up with another creative solution someday...

Level 13
I would ask them, but I don't know how to contact them. Somebody give an url.

OK, I'll report it to Blizzard. Wait some time, cause I have to register/log to b.net-forum first.

I reported the problem to Blizzard, in the b.net-forum. But I would still like to contact the WEU-designers and I can't find anything with www.google.de

OK, a first reply in the b.net-forum

<<Quote>>
The simple work-around is to trigger the reincarnation.

If it's a specific unit you're worried about, I believe there's an event for a specific unit's health becoming less than or equal to a certain value that you might be able to leverage--or you could even add more of these events to your trigger as more units with reincarnation show up if you needed to.
<<Quote>>

In my mind that's no solution!

I think we can forget asking for help at the b.net forum. Why? See my discussion

http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?FN=war3-maps&T=133110&P=1

One possible solution by "lock" (that's quite a long way around)

There is a partial work around for this, but it isn't a perfect solution. You can try using the Unit - Life event to check when the unit has less than or equal to 0 life. Then you need to wait several seconds (longer then the time it takes for the unit to die, adjustable in the object editor under Art - death time along with gameplay constants - Decay Time - Hero dissipation) and check to see if the unit is hidden. If a hero really dies, he is hidden so that he can be revived at an alter, but if he is waiting to be reincarnated then his unit is still lying there dead.

Thx to "lock" for the idea

Level 2
my tip : do it with a dummy spell and then only with triggers...

dummy spell : attribute bonus (called revive)

first trigger :

Event: hero learns ability

Condition: hero skill being learned = revive

action: set (Bolean variable) = true

second trigger

event: A unit Dies

Conditions : dying unit has Ability(revive)
if u want to specify it a little more you can add:
unit type of dying unit...
(bolean Variable) = True

Actions: Wait [x seconds]
revive dying unit
set (bolean Variable) = false
remove (revive) from Dying Unit

i used the Bolean variable so you can make other triggers recognize that his unit has (revive) like if you have a auto revive trigger use it with condition
(bolean variable=false) i hope i could help you... sry that im not using the right words here coz im using a german WE o_O

Level 13
Also using german WE (and english WEU) :lol:

Another useful solution, but there still some problems with it's use, (e.g. in longer campaigns)

And I don't like to build up several triggers only to get an ability working that should work like all the others in WE. So I'm still waiting for someone that can tell me how to contact the WEU-developers.

Level 21
Blizzard won't help on the World Editor. Once, I was a newbie and I asked " How come Warcraft III crashes when I click on the footman? " They replied with no help but sorry. The makers of WE Unlimited should be contacted. No matter what we try right now we won't " detect reinceration " via triggers.

Level 4
Triggers for Reincarnation oO
Make a dummy spell,like Critical Strike

Event
Player owned unit dies
Action
Wait x seconds
Instantly revive triggering unit at position of triggering unit,show revival graphics
Remove Critical strike from triggering unit

Level 21
Stealth said:
Triggers for Reincarnation oO
Make a dummy spell,like Critical Strike

Event
Player owned unit dies
Action
Wait x seconds
Instantly revive triggering unit at position of triggering unit,show revival graphics
Remove Critical strike from triggering unit

revive triggering unit at position of triggering unit? :shock:
Also players intend to level up their reinceration ability too.

Level 4
I know it seems weird,but it works.
I made a custom Critical strike ability with the name special and removed everything (damage junk),then I gave Special to a Paladin.I put the Paladin in the middle of the map and put some forest trolls nearby.When I tested the map,the trolls killed my Paladin and 5 seconds later he was revived in the exact same spot he died with full health and everything.

Level 2
Alright this has gone on for 3 pages... lol

Event:
A unit dies
Conditions:
level of skill(dummy skill)= to 2 or whatever
Actions:
Wait ( any time you want)

Instantly rivive triggering unit at point of triggering unit show (or hide) revival graphics

Remove dummy skill

wait(any time for cooldown for spell)

Add dummy skill 2( dummy skill2 is just to put in place of the first skill... Make dummy skill2= to non-hero)

Repeat
this trigger again but change this:
conditions:
level of dummy skill2 is = to 1

Actions:
wait ()

instantly revive thing again

remove dummyskill2

wait(cooldown)

Add dummyskill2

:wink: this should work...if u have problems then post what problems. :wink:

Level 2
if u are confused when there is more than one trigger i wanna see your maps o_O

Level 3
Well... that's the bright side :roll:
I learnt something...
If DarkShadow just would have told me a Revive command existed...
I'm too noobish to know that :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.