• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detect leaving players and players who are unused in player group checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I give control of people who leave to their allies in my map. If I use player group variables with "all allies of X player" or "all enemies of X player", though, it will not detect leavers in these checks, or slots that are unused that I use as computer players. Is there any way to have these people show up in these checks?

Level 9
It is generally a good idea to add players to a Player Group. Checking Allies of Player X etc every time will leak and using a temp force on such occasions is just senseless. Make constant player groups, add all players that are playing at the start of the game to the associated player groups and then remove the player from the group if the player leaves. Then you can use condition Player is in PlayGroup instead of Player is an Ally of Player X.

Status
Not open for further replies.