1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Destiny of Lordaeron

Submitted by HERON
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Hi guys, this is my first campaign and i hope you like it.
My english isn't very good so i apologise for that.

Description:
A campaign about Arthas inspired by the human campaign in Reign of Chaos, involving his battles with the Blackrock clan and the Scourge. Some of my maps are similar to the ones in RoC, but with a few changes i've made.
During some parts of the campaign you will control Uther and his army.

Important to note:
* There are also new models and spells.
* Heroes can get to 15 level.
* It's impossible to skip cutscenes, since i didn't know how to do that, so sorry about that.
* Don't use cheat codes, this will ruin the fun in the campaign.
* If you find a problem with my campaign, please write it to me in this thread or in a conversation and i will try to fix it.
* And one last thing, i hope you enjoy it! :)

Changelog:
1)The grammar is partly fixed-thanks to Championfighter25
2)Captain Falric now has abilities
3)Guard tower(elves) is fixed
4)Footmen no longer change to crossbowmen, you can now train them from the barracks
5)Removed marketplace in chapter 7
6)The undead's attack has returned to normal
7)Uther's book now contains spells
8)The attacks in chapter 6 have become a little easier to defend against and their timing has been changed
9)The time to wait for reinforcements in chapter 6 has been changed to 25 minutes.
10)The time to escape from the cave in chapter 9 has been changed to 25 minutes.
11)In chapter 4 the key will be removed in the end of the mission.

Credit:
Thanks to:
Championfighter25
Blizzard Entertainment
Ujimasa Hoso
kangyun
Stefan.K
67chrome
PeeKay
Mr.Goblin
SinisterX
Sellenisko
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Frankster
Dark_Dragon
Darkfang
NaserKingArthas
Sclammerz
Edge45
The Panda
UgoUgo
paladinjst
MatiS
Eagle XI
Windrunner29
Sin'dorei300
General Frank
Heinvers
Shar Dundred
Turnro
tomoraider
Warseeker

If I missed someone, please PM me and I'll add you.
Contents

Destiny of Lordaeron (Campaign)

Reviews
Admiral Proudmoore
If i could rate the gameplay i would have given it 4/5 stars but the horrible balance,plot holes and horrible grammar killed it.From gameplay,terrain and technical side it's a very good campaign and i must say that story got some potential for a...
Morris
Firstly, you need to improve your thread's description, add screenshots and explain the differences from the original campaign. I understand that you are not good at English so I won't address that problem but you can always find people good at it...
deepstrasz
Previous version (before 11/09/2017) comments: [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] This is more like a remake of RoC than an actual parallel universe...
  1. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm just a meat :D

2. TylerUTS

TylerUTS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man,i love the terrain and the story has potential.I would love to see more of your work.

3. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you, I'm working now about the Orc campaign, but it will take time...

4. [H]azard

[H]azard

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would advise you to improve the openings of your future campaigns (if you decide to make more) because first impressions matter a lot more than you may think. Usually when someone doesn't have enough patience to play through 2 - 3 Chapters to see if the campaign is really worth playing, the first minutes are what decide if he will stay or exit. I didn't bother to finish the prologue due to it failing to catch my attention with good characters, an interesting story with well-written dialogues or some unique approaches to the terrain and challenging gameplay. I recommend you to use some program such as Grammarly to help you with the writing of your maps and work more on the map design, the decorations are okay-ish but the layout is just made to make you run around and waste time, with no easter eggs and dead ends everywhere, a few shortcuts that open up as you progress would strongly improve the map. Rewards given by the quests are quite disappointing and most of the items sold by the shops were garbage.

5. Greenfist Warlocks

Greenfist Warlocks

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looking forward to this :)
    I'll download it once I've finished The Fate of Ashenvale.
    Expect some positive reviews from me:p

6. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Thank you :))

7. Venkolm

Venkolm

Resources:
    Resources:
    judging a book by its cover, are we? Now i see, why some people die alone.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is a weak point and also an indirect insult.

9. Venkolm

Venkolm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did not wanted to go too far.

10. sans720

sans720

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Rude behavior towards my friend be more respectful for people to do your damn requests

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please avoid necroposting. Replying to an almost two year old message is totally useless in this case especially when it's related to drama.

12. UkyoKuonji

UkyoKuonji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wowowwowowo does Uther will be playable character??? I will write a review after finish this!!!...

Please don't say that Uther gonna killed in this campaign :(:(:(:(

13. [H]azard

[H]azard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's say you start watching a series, you watch the first episodes and you didn't like it, would you proceed to watch the whole series on the premise of it being any better towards the end? Not everyone has time for that.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Of course, but then you don't rate based on the first pages.

15. UkyoKuonji

UkyoKuonji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Forgot to write a review..

Its great!!
    But that story kinda confusing.. Arthas wants to hunt orc that escape..... Instead of fighting orc Arthas encounter undead??
    -.- cant sylvanas not turning to banshee...I hope she still elf instead undead

16. Dale218

Dale218

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great gameplay. God awful dialogue/grammar. Find someone to fix your script. These are stupid problems to have.

17. Mr.Tic

Mr.Tic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Currently on mission 7, I think the gameplay is great.
    I'll just note some things that bothered me:
    - first mission has a bit too much running around, I'd suggest placing some teleporters/waygates
    - balance; let's talk about heroes first.
    Uther:
    1st spell is OP, nothing dies if Uther wills it, while his 2nd spell is very bad and utter waste of mana. Maybe you could replace it with a passive?
    Ultimate is weird for a Paladin, because it's pure destruction, and damages or outright kills anything, even frienfly units. Spell book is nice to have, although Healing Wave is redundant, since Uther already has a super healing spell which is much better.
    Right now Uther is an engine of destruction and makes your other units near him basicaly immortal :D

Sylvanas
    Quite Qtrong and I like her abilities, only the Lightning Arrow doesn't work with her tripple-arrow passive?

Jaina
    I think you can remove the magic shield, since she doesn't have have enough mana for it, because of other, better spells, being used more often

Admiral
    His spells are quite weak and has no inventory but I guess he's more of a side character anyway.

Arthas
    Maybe adding exact numbers on his auras, so we see exactly how much they benefit us?

Balance
    Difficult to talk about player's units since it's all about heroes supporting them with their powers.
    In the high elf mission where you gather the thee moon keys, I think the gate should have have a bit more HP, to have have more time clearing the map and getting some items.
    Also please nerf Gargoyles, they're so hard to kill :D

All this is based on my personal preferences, the campaign is perfectly playable as it is.

BUT!
    Please do something about the dialogue and anything that you wrote, because it's bad :D It doesn't affect gameplay, but does affect immersion and general satisfaction. :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  18. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your review, I will try to fix these, but I havn't time :(

19. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm having a lot of fun playing this campaign, reminds me of the good times I had when playing original W3 campaign.

POSITIVES
    - Well made terrain
    - Interesting new spells and abilities
    - Some new units
    - Very enjoyable gameplay
    - Cinematics are pretty good

NEGATIVES
    - Some minor bugs (for example - even after completing a quest in the first chapter, the quest mark above the quest giver doesn't dissapear)
    - First chapter is kinda boring (too much walking)
    - Bad grammar in dialogue
    - Heroes sometimes feel like they're a bit too OP

In conclusion, Destiny of Lordaeron is a decent campaign that you clearly put a lot of work in, which is appreciated. Keep up the good work, buddy!

20. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you!!