1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Destiny never Dies

Submitted by Ramza
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Destiny never Dies

[​IMG]

Details

Story: A campaign set in the same world as Warcraft, but following an alternate, made-up, storyline.

Genre: It's a strategy game set heavily within a role-playing environment.

Maps: This is a demo version, consisting of three maps:

First map - Prelude.
Second map - A playable prologue, around 15 minutes long.
Third map - The main chapter, around 3 hours long.

Features:
- Detailed terrain.
- High quality cinematics (skippable).
- An original story.
- Custom spells.
- Tons of imported files; including imported music, loading screens and a custom campaign screen.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits

Full credits will be displayed at the end of the Campaign.

Special Thanks

Blizzard
Hive Workshop

Magos - Model Editor
Shadow Daemon - Button Manager
Dragonson - Signature

Adiktuz
Azurot
Defskull
Fladdermasken
GhostThruster
Keiji
Kleinerhauck
Lich Prince
Maker
Mechanical Man
Pharaoh_
Shamanyouranus
Vizel
ZiggeZ

And plenty of others who have helped with triggers, requests, and feedback.

Change Log

25/12/10 - V1.0: Campaign uploaded.

26/12/10 - V1.1: Removed the two Blink Stones you get at the start of Chapter II. Those were test items I used to quickly play through the map. If you're playing through V1.0's Chapter II, please do not use the Blink Stones, they will mess up everything.

Additional Info

All three maps are unprotected, so feel free to take a look;
however, do not edit this campaign without my permission, and do not distribute this campaign to other sites.

Contact

Hive Workshop Account: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/ramza/
E-mail: Slampamper@hotmail.com
Warcraft III Account: OvH_Chenqui

Keywords:
Warcraft, Campaign, Medievil, RPG, Strategy.
Contents

Destiny never Dies (Campaign)

Reviews
01:58, 15th Oct 2011 Vengeancekael: Re-approving with review and rating! [img][c] Date: 2011/Oct/15 01:58:39 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 4/5 Recommended Rep Received: 5[c]Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or...
  1. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you mean original game/downloaded version?

2. Randal

Randal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I mean, i downloaded the game from a filesharing page, and didn't buyed from the shops!
    If This is the problem, i can get the original game :D

3. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Umm, that might be the problem. I'm also pretty sure that violates some laws and the User Agreement, though I'm not 100% on that. i'd try buying the real game, and you need The Frozen Throne. You also need to save this to Campaigns instead of Maps, though im pretty sure you have TFT and did that anyways since you say you actually got to the first chapter. It could be your computer, though thats highly unlikely. Maybe your firewall/security is blocking parts of the game or something

4. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  5. Chucky

Chucky

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Ok, even though I may get banned I gotta say it ! Everyone please just STFU with all the fucking custom spells..what a map can't be good if it doesn't have custom spells ? Jesus Christ man !
    Ontopic: Testing your campaign now...by the looks of it it should be nice ! :)

6. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Don't worry. They don't ban people that quickly, heh.

And I agree, you don't need custom spells to create high quality maps.
    I do have some custom spells, though. Nobody complaining about that (I believe :p).

7. Randal

Randal

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, i just realized that i have the original game deep under all the CD-s :vw_unimpressed:
    So, i uninstalled all the files, reinstalled from battle.net, and i still don't see some characters!
    Now, i really don't know what the hell is the problem, i have a bad patch or I became a real noob and can't even install a game, but it's annoying!:ogre_rage:

8. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you sure you're starting the campaign maps via Warcraft itself, and not via the World Editor ('test map')?

And what patch do you have? Go online once to download the latest one.

9. Randal

Randal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm sure :)
    i have 1.26!This is the latest i found :p
    I have new idea :D
    Can it be because of I have Windows 7? :)

10. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have Windows 7 to and it works for me. The only thing I can imagine anything from WCIII having problems on is Vista, which from personal experience screws with half your games.

11. Randal

Randal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll try to stay cool :D
    IT'S WORKING HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    I have deleted eeeeverything, reinstalled the game, and now its working :D
    But its strange because i have already done this once and it didn't worked that time XD
    So thx everybody who tried to help, now i can enjoy these fantastics maps ^^

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  12. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, good. xP

When you're done, tell me if you like them.

13. Randal

Randal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol XD
    That idiot Aurius really don't want to free his love XD
    I killed the Satyrs, and he's just standing...Waiting for something...(The lady's bored...)And then I restart from the last save :)
    But the map is good :)
    Nice terrains, awesome cinematics, nice unirs and spells :)

14. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Y ISH DIS SOU GOoÐ!!

15. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the comment.

After you loaded, did it happen again though?

Thanks for the 5. =)

16. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Review:

Gameplay:

You can control 2 heroes at the same time, both of them have powerful and flashy spells, making them really fun characters to play.
    The campaign isn't really that long, however in the second chapter, the defense sequence takes way too long, it's too slow and it would be better if you reduced it to 10 minutes max and just pack every enemy unit in these 10 minutes to also make it more fast paced and intense.
    There are a lot of story driven quests to do and also some minor side-quests with rewarding items&xp&...
    Some of the quests aren't that fun, for example the gold gathering one where you just have to go trees to find gold coins, but the mini-arena quest is kinda fun, but a bit too hard.
    The storyline is also interesting and sad.

Terrain:

You've covered the basic terraining points, it's not too flat, there's tile variation and the environment isn't too empty, however the castle for example misses huge, detailed structures and the castle overall is really empty, it feels very abandoned.

Other:

Neat preview image and description!
    The spell tooltips are also clear and informative.

Overall:

A short campaign, packed with some really fun quests, but with some features that could still be improved and the terrain being a bit lacking, but acceptable.

Rating: 4/5

17. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the review, Kael.

About the one hour siege; there are two reasons it's that long. The first one is that it's a big city. Ten minutes to take over one of the largest human cities doesn't feel right to me. The second one is that I just love defense maps. It was because of defense maps like Helm's Deep that I started map making (the other map I uploaded on here years ago is a defense map as well).
    Reducing the siege to ten minutes would also be way too time-consuming. The amount of triggers I would need to edit is huge.

The arena quest is a bit hard, yeah. But all optional quest difficulties are based on the hero levels though. The higher the level, the more creeps are spawned (per three levels, I believe).

Didn't expect the terrain criticism. I spent lots of time on Dalaran's terrain (much more than outside Dalaran).
    I don't really understand how you think it feels very abandoned. Could you try to explain this a bit more? Surely I put enough villagers in there? :p

Edit: One more thing. I noticed you haven't said anything about the cinematics. I wonder what you think about those?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  18. flocaflink

flocaflink

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love that campaign. And thx for leaving it open. When will you update it again?

19. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Nothing spectacular like the Lone Panther cinematics, but it's very polished and well executed, the camera work is nice, there's a lot of movement and overall the unit movement is smooth and the dialogue as well.

20. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks. I don't think I'll update it again (at least no huge updates). I always wanted to do a really big campaign, but it was just too much work on my own. I started too late, and I'm really busy studying and doing other things. So I dropped the whole thing. Then about a year ago I decided to edit and upload these couple of levels, so people could at least see part of what I was planning to do.

Well, the fact that you're even comparing them to the Lone Panther cinematics is already a good thing, I think. ;P