1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Destiny Battle v0.21i

Submitted by AdamMighty
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
~See website for most recent change logs~

Due to interest, I am posting a version up here for download.

Destiny Battle is a Hero Siege map oriented around teamwork and skill. Unlike the others however, Destiny Battle incorporates many RPG-like features and randomization to make each game different. Version v0.20j Includes..

- 30 Heroes, custom designed, all with custom spells and abilities. Each features their own strengths and weaknesses which must be carefully used with your teammates.

- Several Feats, which can be trained to make your hero more suited to your play style.

- Hundreds of custom items, all carefully designed, many with scripted effects. The Rarity Tier system ensures that each rare item drop is exciting and unique. Also includes rare sets, that can be gathered to further increase the power with set bonuses.

- Scrolls which drop during the game which teach your hero new skills and spells, making your hero your own creation.

- Currently, v0.20j includes twenty-five levels, many with custom objectives and devious traps to test your mettle.

- A unique bonus system which rewards good cooperation and good play. Saved an ally by healing them with a clutch heal? Thats a bonus!

- A custom weather system that can either bolster or hinder you. Beware the rainstorms that make you suffer miss chances, but welcome the Healing Winds that grants bonus regeneration. Over 20 different weathers!

- A few various soundtracks make important moments even more exciting.

- Auto-balancing difficulty that adjusts to the amount of players you have. Only four people? No problem! Got a whole crew? The game will adjust itself.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

WHAT WILL THE FUTURE VERSIONS CONTAIN?

Companionships - Establish bonds with other players that will grant bonuses while near each other and unlock hidden quests... as well as change the ending of the game.

City Building - Build unique buildings at building plots to ensure victory!

Fully scripted Dialog for Story Mode - Containing branching story paths for a unique experience each time.

More Heroes, More Items, and even more devious monsters and bosses.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So you think you have what it takes to defeat Lord Adomach? Go ahead, take a few of your closest companions and challenge him and his enemy hordes.

RECOMMENDED PLAYERS: 4-8.
AVERAGE PLAYTIME: 30m-3h (!)
DIFFICULTY: Hard
**Please Note: Destiny Battle is very resource intensive. Slower computers may have trouble running it.**

I hope you enjoy my creation as much as I have enjoyed making it. If you have any comments, concerns, or pesky bug reports, I welcome any comments/criticism on my official forums at http://wc3destinybattle.freeforums.org .

*!* Important: Destiny Battle is Open Source, meaning the map is not protected, and you can look/learn from it. HOWEVER, please do not take this as an open invitation to delete my name and claim it as your own. I worked hard on this map for your enjoyment, and I take plagerism seriously. Thanks! *!*

Cheers!
Arathil

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
~*Changelog*~
v0.20l
- Numerous Bug Fixes from my forums (Thanks guys!)
- A few new Team Feats Added
- Level 25 should now play correctly after level 24.
- Few miscellaneous changes to prepare for v0.21.

v0.20m
- Added Option at the beginning of the game to control time between levels.

Half-Elven Bard
- Symphony of Storms fire time changed from every 1 second to every 2.25 seconds.

Wilderness Runner
- Health increased from 575 to 725.
- Forage cooldown reduced from 50 seconds to 30.

Cleric of Elven Word
- Blessing of Elven Heart cast time reduced to 0.25 seconds, down from 2 seconds.

Gnome Illusionist
- Imagecraft images take slightly less damage then before, but are still very flimsy.

Wildbond
- Feral Rage attack speed boosted by roughly double.
- Lifelink now returns double to the WIldbond's pet, was previously equal.

War Guard
- Armor increased to 5, up from 2.
- Shield Bash duration dramatically increased against lesser foes, and mana cost lowered to 30, from 40.

Dwarven Rockfighter
- Rampage penalty damage reduced by roughly half.
- Last Stand mana cost reduced to 70, from 100.

Earthen Templar
- Strength scales slightly lower, will now recieve 5 str per 2 levels, instead of 6.
- Stalagmite damage reduced by roughly a third.

Elven Cryptguard
- Hallow Range slightly reduced. Damage dealt to enemies inside the circle reduced to 10, down from 15.

v0.20q
- Border Skirmisher Added. Expect balance tweaks and fixes to follow.
- Added Circle 1 Scrolls. (Spells that drop from levels 11-20).
- Finished up the 4th Feat Stone. Quite a few new team feats added.
- Innumerable balance fixes and bug fixes. Check bug report forums for details.
- The Caravan should no longer enter the fortress by accident on level 14.
- Level 25 should be slightly easier, with tentacle entangle chance reduced to 60% from 100%.
- Many tooltip inaccuracies have been changed or clarified.
- A few new bonuses have been added for the early levels.
- A new class of item has been added to the game: Cursed Items! These items are undroppable with a negative effect. However, they can be cleansed by removing the curse in special ways which turns them into a very powerful relic.
- It is no longer possible to glitch level 13 and cause it to stop playing.

v0.20s - Balance Changes
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Fire Magus
- The Fireball ability has changed so that you can now aim it before you cast it.

Wildbond
- The Grizzly Bear's "Protect the Master" ability has changed to simply teleport the bear to the Wildbond.

Elven Swashbuckler
- Derring-Do now correctly works and should proc more often.

Bug Fixes
- Making Illusions of prisoners that die no longer can cause game overs in Level 4.
- Players can now type -drop to drop any misplaced item in an Artificier's Post.
- The Herbalism Feat does now works properly and does not give herbs to NPCs/Buildings.
- The Devil Card summoning a devil now works correctly instead of doing nothing.
- Midas' Touch will no longer spawn multiple copies of itself when purified.

Bug Fixes
- Goblin Skirmisher and Goblin Thrower damage has been reduced.

v0.21 - Updates and Bug Fixes

- Cleric of Order
- Mark of Order cooldown reduced to 60/60/60/45 seconds, down from 90/75/60/60 seconds. Duration increased to 8/10/12/14 seconds, up from 8/8/9/9 seconds.

- Earthen Templar
- Stalagmite cooldown increased to 15 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
- Seismic Crush will now only spawn earthquakes in the playable area.

- Axe Brother
- The Axe Brother's decimates will now correctly credit the axe brother with experience and gold whenever a decimate kills an enemy.

- War Guard
- Aid Another mana cost reduced to 50, down from 75. Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds, down from 45 seconds.

- Border Skirmisher
- Sabotage mana cost reduced to 250, down from 350.

- Rogue of the Dark
- Blind mana cost reduced to 50, down from 100. Also fixed a bug which was giving units inside the cloud increased movement speed.

- Elven Sharpshooter
- Aimed Shot damage increased, cooldown reduced, range is no longer unlimited, and now costs 50 mana, up from 1.

- Sun Soul Initiate
- Sol Strike damage increased to 450/600/850, up from 250/400/650.
- Aurora Rays now also cancels the current weather effect when used.

- Man At Arms
- Battle Experience chance to gain experience increased to 100% at all levels, and experience gained also increased by roughly 25%.
- Stand Ground reduces damage taken by 85/75/60/50%, down from 85/75/50/35%. Attack speed penalty reduced to -30% attack speed, down from -50%.

- Arcane Archer
- Eagle Arrow damage slightly increased at ranks 1 and 2.

- Master of the Art
- Missle Storm missles now have a max of 9 missles attacking a target at one time.

- Fire Magus
- Fire Nova cooldown reduced to 90 seconds, down from 2 minutes. Mana cost reduced to 250, down from 325.
- Scorching Ray mana cost reduced to 30, down from 50. Cooldown reduced to 6 seconds, down from 12.

- Paladin of Justice
- Exorcism damage greatly increased at all levels to both regular and undead units.
- Lay on Hands now heals a minimum amount at all levels, regardless of the paladin's current health.
- Crusade now also passively increases the paladin's attack speed by 10/20/30%, in addition to its old effect.

- Feral Archon
- Ferocity ranks 3 and 4 no longer cause the Feral Archons attacks to never miss. Damage increased at ranks 3 and 4 to 60, up from 40.

- Dwarven Rockfighter
- Intimidating Shout cooldown changed to 45/35/30 seconds, down from 75/65/60. Range also greatly increased, and the ability should be more reliable now.
- Last Stand duration increased to 25 seconds. Amount healed increased to 25/40/60/80% of max health, up from 20/30/35/40%. Cooldown slightly increased at higher ranks.
- Extra Damage taken while using rampage reduced to 50/35/15/0%, down from 60/50/40/30%. Rampage duration increased to 15 seconds, up from 10.

- Reckless Pyromancer
- Fire Flower cooldown increased to 10 seconds, up from 1 second.

- Elven Swashbuckler
- Opportunist will no longer play the animation and display "+0" if the swashbuckler hasn't learned the skill yet.

- Wildbond
- Lifelink cooldown reduced to 15 seconds, down from 30.

- Wildbond Bear
- Uncontained Rage duration increased to 15 seconds, up from 8.

- Wildbond Hawk
- Screech damage slightly increased, and attack speed slow increased to 40%.

- Wildbond Turtle
- Shell barrier damage reduction reduced to 40%, down from 50%. Attack/movement speed penalties reduced to 60/50/40/30%, down from 90/80/70/60%.
- Shellstomp cooldown reduced to 120 seconds, down from 150 seconds.
- Water Spit mana cost reduced to 40, down from 90.

- Cleric of Elven Word
- Power Word: Stop cooldown reduced to 4/3/2 minutes, down from 5/4/3 minutes.
- Magic Weapon mana cost reduced to 40/25/10/0, down from 50/50/50/50.

- Human Engineer
- Repair cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, down from 40 seconds.

- Wilderness Runner
- Root Trap mana cost reduced to 70, down from 125.
- Preparation cooldown reduced to 3/2/1.5 minutes, down from 5/4/3 minutes.

~*!*v0.21b*!*~
- Map optimized. Load time reduced by 90%. =)
- Fixed an exploit involving Level 14.
- All Units statistically adjusted. For specifics, check thread on forums.

*!*v0.21e*!* **For complete changelog, please see changelog section on my site.
- Upgrades for Level 1 and 2 completed.
- Vern Harbor is now available.
- More Dialogue added for Story Mode.
- Many Bug Fixes
- Several Hero Tweaks

v0.21f
Major Changes:
- Added an extra rank to each spell. Each normal spell now has 5 ranks, each ultimate has 4 ranks, and each legendary has 2 ranks.
- See changelog section on my forums for minor bug fixes/tweaks/balancing changes.

v0.21h
- Fixed many hero ability problems that coincided with an increased ability rank.
- Fixed a problem that resulted in some heros permanantly staying dead.
- Fixed Multiple problems in the bug forums.
- Fixed a problem where some music was overlapping incorrectly.

v0.21i
- Fixed a few problems
- Added support up to round 30.
- Been busy last few months... more to come soon.

Keywords:
Destiny Battle, Hero Siege, Hero Defense, Custom, Other
Contents

Destiny Battle v0.21i (Map)

Reviews
13:39, 30th Oct 2008 VGsatomi: very decent defense map. This genre of map is always fun to play with a group. This map doesn't tweak or balance its self to suit the number of players present, which i saw as a big minus. Terrain is decent, and hero...
  1. nhs325

nhs325

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh I remember the "Schematics" ability, I have been playing for 10 rounds and nothing dropped for me. What is that ability anyways?

2. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    What was supposed to happen, I think, was that he would be able to find 'schematics' for epic new defenses to build as drops from defeated enemies. But it was never finished, so it does nothing.

Full disclosure: That thing is getting the axe. Hard. His whole ability list is changing, too; except maybe for Mystic Towers, since I like the idea of buff-casting artillery like that. I am still in flux on what to replace everything with, but it's a no-brainer to me that "Blade Tower" and "Barricade" -- which were just placeholder 'abilities' that unlocked new structures in his build menu -- are getting knocked out, too. Whether I stick with a traditional build system, or make a triggered batch that makes a dummy unit to build them, or what, I still don't fully know. But I'm gonna have fun giving him a full makeover.

3. nhs325

nhs325

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay please bear with me on this one...... There are legitly abilities that doesn't work?

4. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Correct. I checked the code for them... or the lack thereof. "Build Schematic" was never finished. Neither was the Illusionist's ultimate that was supposed to "create a new victory condition for the current level". Though considering the fact that most players in a decent-sized game don't get to see their Ultimate anyway, it'd be hard to notice this at first. There are far more ultimates that DO work than those that don't, though. I'm hoping that, by the time I'm done, everything will be in working order. I've had to basically rebuild the map from the ground up in some cases; namely, I couldn't load up v0.21i in the editor -- or I could, but when I did, all of the custom object editor data was GONE, except for one spell (that being "Gaia's Might"). This has been one heck of a ride. ;)

5. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am pleased to announce that Destiny Battle now has its very own Discord channel! If you like this game and want to see it updated, please come and join in! I am always, always looking for new ideas, and am eager to speak to fellow fans of the game.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  6. AdamMighty

AdamMighty

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm glad to see you are still working on my old map and I'm truly humbled that folks still have an interest in it after such a long time. Hope all is well with everyone who still enjoys the game - maybe I'll see you guys online someday with WC3 Reforged? ;)

7. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nothing would please me more. :) I heard Reforged is scheduled to drop sometime in December 2019. I'll no doubt be buying it, because it looks to be the closest thing to Warcraft 4 we'll ever get.

As for my end...... heh. I admit... I've been really off-and-on with this whole thing. There's so much I want to do. So. Much. Plus I just got finished with another round of College finals... just got one more to go, but for now I have the whole holidays to work on DB. REALLY looking forward to that. XD I've already successfully implemented a new equipment system, based on another Hive user's work called "The_Witcher"; I intend to give him full credit for that, natch. I just had to finagle it to make it work outside of Jass NewGen, because third-party tools don't play nice with the new, updated World Editor.

By the way, it's great to see you again, Arathil! Here is a fresh link to access my Discord server, in case you want to join in:
    Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

8. PerfectlyFlawed

PerfectlyFlawed

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey there! Consider creating a non-expiring discord link please.

9. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. Dramlor

Dramlor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi. I'm Dramlor. Arathil, you're a bastard for naming that skill after me lol. I can't remember if I already knew you'd done that or not.

11. Dramlor

Dramlor

Resources:
    Resources:
    because Arathil is a jerk and i used to quit games if i knew we werent gonna win instead of wasting my time.

12. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hahaha. Oh, wow. Yeah, that's grade-A trolling, there, my friend.

13. Swan

Swan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey the links are expired, do you have a non-expiring one? I'd be glad to be in that discord.

14. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Join the Destiny Battle Discord Server!

Go figure... Discord update must've broken it. Here's a new one! Permanent too.