Deposed Warlock

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The once apprentice necromancers of Kel'Thuzad that were ascended by the special tome given to them by the great lich himself. They have gone prideful over the years, thinking they have surpassed their mentor. They raise the dead from the corpses strewn over the battlefield just like how a necromancer would, only they imbue their magic with ice, raising a more powerful Frost thrall (soon to come) than their skeleton warrior counterparts.

Now there's a little lore tidbit for 'ya lore fans. even though my warcraft lore knowledge is almost non existent lol.

So, here I am again, uploading a lich based model for the nth time (just like how i uploaded beastmaster based models 10 times, including the ones that were ultimately rejected)

This model was supposedly just gonna be a remake of my Icecrown Seer model, reducing the polycount by a HUGE amount. But then I decided what the heck, just take design elements from my old models and put some of them in this one, most notably the legs and the staff concept taken from my really, really old God of Destruction model.
Previews
Contents

Deposed Warlock (Model)

Deposed Warlock Portrait (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A well-designed undead hero. Works in-game. Approved!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 41
This looks pretty schweet, man. Will post later with more, but I continue to be cheered to see you & your work. : )

//EDIT// ha almost beat you to the first post

//EDIT2// Alright I'm rather enjoying it. It's kinda got a lot going on, but such is the style nowadays. I love that this is a real combination/upgrade of the Necromancer & a Skeleton (almost missed those legs, I did); feels very much like a Hero-version of the Necromancer which is exciting. Cool giant skull helmet, cool staff, good Portrait, solid SFX, and a KICKIN book. I am just a sucker for cool magicky books, and even moreso when they get incorporated into the animations. You really went the distance with that, giving him "flipping through book" Stand, "casting out of book" Spell, and even a killer "consumed by book" Death!

Another Grendel Banger.

Level 62
This looks pretty schweet, man. Will post later with more, but I continue to be cheered to see you & your work. : )

//EDIT// ha almost beat you to the first post

//EDIT2// Alright I'm rather enjoying it. It's kinda got a lot going on, but such is the style nowadays. I love that this is a real combination/upgrade of the Necromancer & a Skeleton (almost missed those legs, I did); feels very much like a Hero-version of the Necromancer which is exciting. Cool giant skull helmet, cool staff, good Portrait, solid SFX, and a KICKIN book. I am just a sucker for cool magicky books, and even moreso when they get incorporated into the animations. You really went the distance with that, giving him "flipping through book" Stand, "casting out of book" Spell, and even a killer "consumed by book" Death!

Another Grendel Banger.
i kinda retconned this model when i was halfway into making it to be just a bigger necromancer hero. figured i'm gonna make spinoff models of the default melee heroes if i ever get the time to make versions for the three remainig ones. although i somehow got a concept brewing in my head for the death knight and dreadlord by taking concepts from my dullahan and nathrezim doombringer models.

also yeah, i had way too much fun animating that darn book lol

Level 62
That death animation is brilliant. Only thing I'd consider is the book texture, as it lacks the contrast of the rest of the character.
hmm. yeah i'll search through the mpq for a better texture. this one was the only one i could find at the time. thanks!

In Stand Channel, the green book FX clips forth through the book. Maybe, a nice idea would be to have the FX only come out of the eyes of the skull on the book or something.

His book is his own phylactery and keeps him as knowledge for others to use.
will change it in the next update. now that i look at it, i do think the green glow on the book is too big. thank you!

Although the mesh has WoW aesthetics, the whole model looks great, and it has rather smooth animations with a creative use of mesh 👍

The only criticism from me concerns the clipping in the portrait inside the mouth, because the team color can be seen there. I'd also leave the book in the Dissipate animation, so that it would slowly dissapear during this sequence instead of just dissapearing instantly after the death.

Last edited: