• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Delete custom ability data safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello folks, is there any way i can delete custom abilities (which i copy-paste from one map to another) without crashing WE?

Note: Both maps are non-protected, but one map is made in old version WE, while another is newer.

Level 10
Try this then: export your map's ability data. Then create a new blank map, export its ability data. Go back to your map, import the blank map's data and save, then close it. Reopen it and import the original data you exported in first step.

Level 14
Try this then: export your map's ability data. Then create a new blank map, export its ability data. Go back to your map, import the blank map's data and save, then close it. Reopen it and import the original data you exported in first step.

Your solution is risky at first, i have created a backup of the map to try your method due to saving data from blank map. Plus, "blank map" can not export its ability data because there is no custom data, i have to create a dummy custom ability.

Anyway, i managed to do exactly as you said. I saw no change in ability data or any new problem in connection among Trigger Editor, AI Editor and Object Manager after the final step. I can freely delete custom abilities now. Furthermore, i tested by playing the map again, everything worked as normal.

Perfect! I think this is the only and best solution so far. +Rep for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.