• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Default Skin Poll

How would you like the Hive to look like?

• WC3 section in NE style, SC2 section in Terran style

Votes: 61 68.5%
  • Terran style only

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • NE style only

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
what's the prob ? the prob is the people without accounts can't see the NE theme
and we want that
changing it to the normal theme doesn't matter,it is not like we are lazy or something
but TRN theme here? it doesn't make sense ? you want people without accounts to know that we have SC2 here ? that i can understand but if people go to
www.hiveworkshop.com/index.php,if they read,they will know that this is a wc3 and sc2 site,so do you really have to do this ?

Level 19
Exactly what dark said, if newcomers see the nice themes, they would think "Hey, this forum is kinda different from the rest." and start exploring, then becoming active members:)

Level 34
you are proud of your thread getting to 9 pages?
Of course I am! it got 9 pages in few days. And its not some so important thread ,thats point. But even if important to us, its not important to staff, so we can all argue over that as we wish, nothing will change, it seems. So yeah, when people are posting or arguing in your thread thread which was supposed only to inform people about new default theme is something to be proud off!
As you noticed there are already two or three more same threads. And only this one is hot... [joke]Of course it is when I created it![/joke] hahahaha
(yes, I know... joke code doesnot exist)

However, its not totally so unimportant, maybe Ralle will change back to old NE one, this is maybe test purpose only, temorarly to see how are people pleased with theme, who knows.... But pain is only because it all happened suddenly, community was not aware of this. Its not matter for me which theme will be.... This blue is nice, old one is nice too, so whatever

Rui

Rui

Level 41
This apparently hasn't been mentioned enough, and so I'll be posting an announcement soon. You can change your forum skin by going to your control panel, editing your options, and, in the last big box (Miscellaneous Options), the middle field is what you're looking for.

Personally, I do not feel the need to «expand» to Starcraft II so quickly because, right now, the Galaxy Editor is not accessible to the average mod'der.
In Warcraft III, we had a single tab (Units) in Reign of Chaos and 7 or 8 in the Frozen Throne, and a good number of fields could be figured out intuitively. Personally, I started modding Warcraft III when I was thirteen or so, and I had all the time in the world to play around with the World Editor and figure it out.
Right now, I do not have the time or -- I'll be honest -- the patience to figure out another entire and more complex editor. It'll take, on top of that, much more time than it took to figure the World Editor because there is more to learn and things aren't exactly intuitive.
To conclude, I am not touching the Galaxy Editor until all -- or the majority -- of the tooltips for each field have been added and the existing ones fixed so they actually elucidate you instead of leaving you even more confused. The current map list on Battle.Net 2.0 is, I believe, proof that a lot of people feel the same way and share my point of view.

~Thread cleaned

Level 19
To be honest, I kind of prefer the World Editor more, and someday, Blizzard will just surprise us with a patch or with Warcraft IV news, so check out the poll and vote for the theme you want:)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Actually, the Night Elf theme we're using comes from wc3sear.ch (although it has been altered and improved through the years), it is by no means the "signature theme" of THW. As far as I remember, THW used to have a somewhat yellow based (perhaps siege engine inspired?) theme.

Level 19
What a stupid poll. Where is the option that describes what we have now, which is freedom to choose which style you want. What a biased poll...

Although, we're more concerned about the default theme, the themes can be changed via options but the default theme would be what most players see first.

Level 12
To be honest, I kind of prefer the World Editor more, and someday, Blizzard will just surprise us with a patch or with Warcraft IV news, so check out the poll and vote for the theme you want:)

Yup, its harder and less efficient to use with the sc2 editor, the template is always on the left side, unlike world editor, world editor has an additional template on the right for easier browsing...

And the triggering part. Local variables? Wuts the use of it? it only make spells not MUI at all -_-
And also, theres no space for trigger's comment...(world editor has a trigger comment on top of each trigger).
-This makes us create an additional trigger comment. ( A trigger that is a comment, no triggers allowed to be placed in. )

However, the good thing about sc2 editor can do ton of stuffs...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Another thing that bugs me about the Galaxy Editor is that every time you adjust a window's width, it'll reset back to its original width when you return to that tab.
For the things I've explored, I've come to think that the editor is not as powerful as it could be or people think it is. But if it is, it would be nice of Blizzard to help us understand it; an editor that can do everything is of little worth if nobody can figure it out (or needs ages to do so; not all people have «ages» of time).

This is off-topic, though -- I'd appreciate if we could get back to discussing the original thread.

Level 34
What a stupid poll. Where is the option that describes what we have now, which is freedom to choose which style you want. What a biased poll...

I fucking agree with that. I already pointed out about this poll that doesnot have enough voting options.
Ralle, what if you edit poll, set some logical choices and reset votes?
So we all can vote, whole site to vote, for real. To see what people really think. This one is nonsense.

Level 19

as Miss Foxy said

I'm sorry for being unable to change the poll so you understand it because I don't have the rights to do so

also I am sorry for not being active in this conversation because my internet shuts down every 5 minutes for the rest of the day

So why can't we just make NE theme default to Wc3 and Terran theme default to SC2?

Well note that would mean separate the sc2 section from the wc3 ones
What's wrong with having an overall site instead of a wc3 subsite and sc2 subsite?
It's easier as it is as whatever theme you set as your normal one stays constant wherever you go in the site.

And still even if it was that way, which forums would the greetings page be? (the ones everyone who comes to the site, regardless of having an account see)

It's just easier to have the whole site under the same theme
It's not like you've been deprived off Wc3 because, as everyone's said, you can change the theme.

Really I never even really associated the NE theme with Night Elves anyway, it seemed more like a THW theme then a Wc3 Night Elf theme, unless just adding flora suddenly makes something NE.

If you do want 1 default theme, then go for NE one anyways! Wc3 was THW birthplace!

Refer to the above. If we set the NE theme to default, we're not depriving others of SC2, because, as you said, we can change the theme.
I don't even know why you're arguing about the name of the theme. But, anyways, you proved my point even more, the NE theme IS the THW theme.

Level 7
Eh im between the 1st option and last. Ill vote NE at wc3 and terran at sc2 but it would be nice to have something new. Like i dunno maybe a burning legion or naga skin.

I like NE anyway but for starcraft dudes terran is the way to go.

Level 4
i have always wondered why we dont have all races interfaces. Why dont we have Human, orc and undead? It would just be cool to be able to customize the Hive a little more.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
i don't think the admins/mods/ralle care...the skin stills remain the same and they put up a notice saying you can go to your edit options change it
Slight logic problem there. If we put up a notice, then we do care.
It was Ralle's decision. I think it changes nothing. Wc3? SC? It's a forum skin. Go to the list and pick the one you want.

As a side note, I prefer the Night Elf one because it's been THW's theme forever, but I don't dislike the Terran style.

Level 14
While it is irritating to have to switch to the NE/THW theme whenever I'm not logged on, I deal with it.

Unless you're willing to help make a new theme, don't repeatedly ask why we have so few available. Instead try to put together a group that is capable of and willing to design a new theme.

If you want something done, you're going to have to do it yourself.

//\\oo//\\

Status
Not open for further replies.