1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Decent of Tenebris V1.1

Submitted by Amenhotep
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The Decent of Tenebris!
by Amenhotep

This map is a SP short story-driven game that is inspired heavily by Dark Souls.

Within Tenebris players will find foreboding environments, grotesque enemies and
many dark secrets. Explore Tenebris and fight your way to freedom!

Akin to the game that the map took inspiration, Decent of Tenebris is difficult and to
survive players will need to explore and occasionally backtrack to find tools and tomes

to defeat what lies ahead. However no matter how strong you are... beware the Corpse Warden

TRAILER!

Decent of Tenebris is my first ever map and i'm proud to release it finally

Extra Information
  • This story has a lot of written dialog without voice acting, if that isn't for you, try it anyway! :D
  • Triggering is not my strong point but I have tested this extensively, so issues should be minimal.
  • There are more than a few secrets hidden around, one of which unlocks a hidden ending.

Credits:
Alpain , HappyTauren , Tarrasque , HerrDave , Kitabatake , John_Drake

HappyCockroach , Callahan , alfredx_sotn , UgoUgo , Direfury , -Grendel

The Weird Human , RightField , Afronight_76 , Deolrin , Kimbo

NEREVARMS , WILL THE ALMIGHTY , PeeKay , WhiteDeath , Razer!X

Fingolfin , Vortigon , Gigy , rednek , Daenar7 , tonic , Darky29 ,

wuddle , Infinitynexus , Crabby_Spider , Darkfang , Pyramidhe@d

CRAZYRUSSIAN , stonneash , Darkfang , Blizzard Entertainment

NOTE: Other assets in the map not from the creators above are taken from Chaos Realm or have since removed their content. (That or i'm just blind.)

CHANGE LOG

V1.1 - Fixed issue where Tarkus would be found outside Cognito boss arena. (At least I think I have)
- Fixed Curse of the Vampire buff and Blood Rend disappearing on death.
- Fixed strange bug where the north Tradidisset summons would not stop spawning. (Also gave Souls)
- Various Fixes to the Umbral Form.
- Corpse Warden is now visible at all times when on screen (Ignores fog of war) and plays a short audio file when near.
- Camera Lock Removable with Ctrl + C has been fixed.
- Masked Area is partially visible, now disabled
- New item available at the Quiet Man (Umbral Scroll, Longsword upgrade)
Contents

Decent of Tenebris V1.1 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
[spoiler] All in all, a really good game, straightforward though with not many choices. Approved. ================================= Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules) Screenshots could attract more players to...
  1. Amenhotep

Amenhotep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Haha glad she gotcha good ;) Since she is visible at all times I prefer it an instant death hahah

2. Amenhotep

Amenhotep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad you liked it, ill be updating and fixing some issues along with making more content. Although uni work and a second map are draining that time a little :)

Track is Pinwheel Theme Dark Souls 1

3. Admiral Proudmoore

Admiral Proudmoore

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would love to see a sequel or entire campaign based on this.
    Yes,i figured it out on my own,pinwheel is just so weak that i never heard his theme for more than 20 seconds.

4. Stiltskin

Stiltskin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really liked your map! I must have downloaded the first version (downloaded september 18) because I had issues with both Tradissiet 0109 and 0108.

1. When I killed 0109 last, the gates closed and I faced a bunch of demons that spawned, but the gates would not open again and I was effectively trapped. Had to load my last save.
    ---
    2. When I killed 0108 last, it appears that the trigger Death of Tradissiet 2 did not turn on because the shamblers kept spawning endlessly and things started getting buggy after that. Loop1 did not turn off.

I don't know how you fixed those two but it might have to do with the fact that both are initially on, rendering the Tradissiet Death triggers useless. But I'm not a trigger expert so I can't be sure of this.

These two bugs did not occur every time. Only when those Tradissiets were killed last. I had no problem with the other one since it has no triggers.
    ---
    3. As many have stated, you get teleported out of Cognito's room after the Cognito Intro animation. I reckon you must haved fixed that by adding:

"
    Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Walkto <gen>)

"
    at the very end of the "Intro Cognito" trigger.
    That's how I did it anyhow and it worked perfectly.
    Also, after the cinematic the view got changed to the normal Wc3 view and I was able to freely move the camera, and I couldn't help but take a peek to the ultimate boss's room and got a huge spoiler... that was a bummer.
    ---
    Also the doctor's luggage has a ghoul tooltip lol.
    Overall great job! It needs some refining though as any other new map.

If you would like that, I can help you as much as I can with grammar and rogue tooltips and things like that.

EDIT: Silly typos.​

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  5. Stiltskin

Stiltskin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also, I think you mean DESCENT instead of DECENT. Descent is a verb, 'descending to tenebris'; whilst DECENT is an adjective, e.g. 'To be decent' or 'to have decency'.

Descent of Tenebris makes a lot more sense, however it implies that Tenebris (the subject according to the syntax) is 'descending'.

If by that you mean the Fall of Tenebris or something of the like, it sounds fine considering what happens...(spoilers so won't elaborate further).
    However, if you actually mean something like "(the fallen's) soul's descent TO Tenebris" then it would make even more sense, provided that you replace 'of' by 'to'.
    Still, The Descent of Tenebris could be OK if "The Descent of Tenebris" as a whole acts as a noun phrase, signifying a sort of stage (the first one) of the long path souls must travel in the afterlife.
    If you have any doubts of anything I have said, please point them out; I'll be pleased to elaborate further.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  6. Amenhotep

Amenhotep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Will do soon, cheers
    Actually this is an awesome review, thanks man! I'm currently bogged down with university work and a second map, so if you are willing to help with the tooltips and other silly mistakes I would be super grateful and have yah written down as co-author :)

7. Amenhotep

Amenhotep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hahaha yeah for such a weak boss his theme is actually really good.

I may make a second version one day, but atm im building a different style of map just to test myself ^__^
    Cheers man.

8. Stiltskin

Stiltskin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds like a plan... I will download the latest version and send it to you with my modifications, together with a detailed change log. Once it is done I will send it to you via e-mail (If you have a better way in mind, please do tell me), I'll be expecting the adress in my inbox.

I thought the same! However I think the story of Tarkus should end here for the time being. Perhaps next tell the story of a Wizard/Mage, or a Wc3 Elf Priest or even Paladin sort of hero.

9. RuinKeeper

RuinKeeper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well , Downloaded and tested it again.

There are few more suggestion.

1.Impale skill from the red key can stun somebody forever.....include second boss.

2.Final boss sometimes cascade black fire orb(or something black and white) deal lethal and unavoidable damage to me.

3.Floating text from first boss still won't despawn.

4.You can mutiselect friendly boxes and check the box's describtion -----it's ghoulish.

5.Any hint about the secret?

Other parts are amazing.

10. thrashmaniacs999

thrashmaniacs999

Resources:
    Resources:
    pretty fun map

11. Warsovac

Warsovac

Resources:
    Resources:
    A divine creation.

12. Amenhotep

Amenhotep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why thank you :)

13. Amenhotep

Amenhotep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cheers ^__^

14. DarkExile

DarkExile

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good map! finished it any know secret mesage ?

15. Amenhotep

Amenhotep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Could drop you a subtle hint if you like ;)

16. DarkExile

DarkExile

Resources:
    Resources:
    nope