• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deathwing

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
There he is, Neltharion the Earth-Warder AKA Deathwing. Had some fun with it during the year. Big thanks to WILL THE ALMIGHTY for his awesome particle tutorial and thank you all for the input during the making of the model.

Team Color only in the portrait. You can add a hero glow yourself if you'd like.

IF YOU'D LIKE TO USE FLYING ANIMATIONS, SET THE REQUIRED ANIMATION NAMES IN THE OBJECT EDITOR TO ALTERNATE

2wnpzpk.png

Keywords:
deathwing, black, dragon, death, wing, neltharion, wow, twilight, cataclysm
Contents

Deathwing (Model)

Deathwing (Model)

Reviews
16:19, 27th Jul 2011 anarchianbedlam: Hell son, you more than deserve a DC for this. Fantastic model, works ingame.
Level 1
how big it is?

i think that you have to copy it from flying unit thats why he doesent fly in air

i say its too ibg

big big

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
great wow like model

Looks great but is not usable on wc3 maps with a lot of original units without details

maybe you can do a wc3 like deathwing, with blizzard originals dragons?

i dont like to do models but i made this one to show the point,

an origininal blizzard unit is pasted on middle, to compare

and add a hero glow maybe, for hero flying units

Last edited by a moderator:
I could have sworn I'd rated this before, but I guess I hadn't.

Anyway, I love this, it is completely awesome.

I have to wonder who the heck rated this anything other than a 5/5 for the average to be anything below 5.00.

Normally high file sizes like this put me off, but your models are always incredible enough to be worth every KB.

5/5

Level 21
Once you have made the unit and have let him use the model,go to art in the object editor.There you will find Required Animation Names.Make that Alternative

Level 1
Please help, this model is not working in the map after importing it. I don't know why but I have only green/black cube. Another models working correct but this one not :(

Level 6
This is absolutely the best dragon model we can find on Hive Workshop. Amazing job! But few things that you should definitely work on it:
1) The walk animation is a bit weird. It looks like he's weirdly running. I think you should add/replace the walk animation with one that looks more like a horse or a dog. I mean I don't see any living beeing walking/running with 2 legs synchronized. Each leg have his own movement. You have many perfect videos that explain that.

2) The model have only one attack animation. And the attack animation seems a bit "gentle" for the massive creature it is. You should at least add other attack animation.

If you could do these things, your model would be A M A Z I N G. I must admit that without these things, even if I use the model don't misunderstood me, your model is a bit weird.