• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deathrise 1.2

DEATHRISE
BY DAFFA THE MAGE

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to Deathrise, a newer, revised version of the Chant mini-game. Take command of one to five champions, and bring the dark bosses to their knees.

GAMEPLAY
Player control up to 5 heroes, which is dependant to player in-game
Each hero is specialized in one field, and they all have health
The game is played in turn-based rule
Your mission is to kill ALL enemies

BOSSES
1. NEKROS
Lord of the Dead itself. Nekros is capable of bringing unlimited summon into the field. He can deal heavy damage with his minions and his charge must be responded appropriately.

2. DAFFA THE FALLEN MAGE
A magician who falls from his grace. Daffa is trained in raining down a chain of destruction to your party. Do not let his abilities effects' linger on, and strike him fast with precision.

[AND 2 HIDDEN BOSSES, UNLOCKABLE VIA SPECIAL MEANS]

MEDIA SHOWCASE

CREDITS
Heroes :
- Directive255
- Leo Akastenix
- StoPCampinGn00b
- Rheiko
- [E]clipse
- Paillan
- Edge45
- Lucas (Lirian) von Drake

System :
- redscores

Others :
- nightelfbuilder

Hero Models :
- Direfury
- WILL THE ALMIGHTY
- HerrDave
- kangyun
- 67chrome
- Ujimasa Hojo
- Callahan
- Edge45

Icons:
- Blizzard Entertainment

Terrain Models :
UTM 4.0
Fingolfin
Tranquil
Kitabatake
bisnar13
imforfun

CHANGELOG

New :
Secret Code is now revealed properly when player wins with over certain amount of point

Bugfix :
Fixed final score overrides damage instead of adding to damage
Fixed Divine Bolts tooltip
Fixed Lirian von Drake's Attack tooltip

Change :
Internal damage mechanism changed
Elemental attributes introduced, which will be valuable for future bosses and characters
Point system now rescaled

Buff :
Lirian von Drake's Holy Punishment Damage Bonus increase per turn up from 0 to 100
Lirian von Drake's Holy Punishment now prevents Frozen ailment from skipping turn
Directive255's Death and Decay poison chance raised from 20% to 60%
Daffa the Mage's Amplification Field party damage bonus increased from 1% to 5%
Leo Akastenix' Dark Energy now gives one turn invulnerability along with other effects
Edge45's Phoenix Bomb burn bonus damage increased from 2x to 3x
Edge45's Burning Blade now prevents Frozen ailment from skipping turn

Nerf :
Daffa the Mage's Flame Ignition mana cost increased from 0 to 50
Daffa the Mage's Amplification Field mana cost increased from 600 to 1000
Daffa the Mage's Chaos Rain mana cost increased from 300 to 350
Daffa the Mage's Elite Mage damage burst reduced from 4% to 2%
[E]clipse's Attack Assault Signal bonus reduced from 200% to 150%
[E]clipse's Blade Charge bonus reduced from 500% to 400%

Notes :
- The idea is to make Daffa the Mage less effective but still reliable as an option, at the moment his passive is troublesome (which is why he gets multiple nerf over the two patches) and his Amp Field, despite the previous mana cost, is a prime choice for party wide bonus, since it's 3x damage bonus for next attack, regardless of type, which is broken when combined with [E]clipse. The current setup should make his Amp less used and makes his passive MUCH less destructive than it was.
- Lirian is undermined in efficiency by multiple characters due to his unclear role. His healing is outmatched due to SCN passive immunity to Frozen, his damage output is weaker than [E]clipse and Rheiko, and his bolt spell is also used by Paillan who has more effective passive. I am trying to make Lirian more efficient later in the game by having his damage always increase which allows him to equalize himself with [E]clipse and Rheiko in term of damage output. His new frozen immunity also makes him a viable healing replacement to SCN.
- Leo has been quite underpowered. His attack relies on chance, while his spell is not as destructive as everyone else. His support ability however, is unique enough that it can be focused on a main hitter and I would like to expand on that potential.
- Edge45 has been quite a pickle on his Phoenix Bomb. His attack is not reliable enough due to the sheer randomness of the bomb hitting, while his Phoenix Bomb damage isn't pretty astounding. This update should make him worthy enough to keep around for burst damage with burning around. His frozen resistance would make him a suitable replacement to [E]clipse who has no Frozen immunity.
- [E]clipse damage has been notoriously broken when no shield is involved. This patch would reduces his extreme effectivity, and makes his physical less of an obvious choice
- The general system is being changed starting from this patch. This hopefully eases development and allows new heroes to be implemented with less pain from the existing codes.

New :
NONE
Bugfix :
NONE
Change :
Icon for Holy Punishment
Heart of Light to Mighty Heart
Icon for Mighty Heart
BLOCK is now displayed in RED instead of BLACK
10% of your damage dealt is now added as point
Buff :
Lirian's Attack now deal small damage to shielded enemies
Leo's Demonic Heritage now increases party damage by 3%, up from 1%
[E]clipse's Burning Blade now has 25% trigger chance, up from 15%
Lirian's and Paillan's Divine Bolts now has 80% hit chance, up from 25%
Amplify's now has 125 mana cost, down from 150
Nerf :
Daffa the Mage's Elite Mage now deals 4% of his mana pool, down from 6%
Hard Difficulty Party Damage Modifier reduced from 100% to 80%
Beginner Difficulty Foe Damage Modifier increased from 5% to 25%
Notes :
Looking for people who are interested in having their heroes implemented into the game.
Still working on Deroc's boss fight. I am just being lazy as usual.
Pretty much not interested to make codebase change, so yeah. I tried to migrate some of core battle system out for now, so we can get somewhere at least.

New :
[Boss] Daffa the Fallen Mage

Bugfix :
[Edge45] Attack splash now properly deal 30% damage

Change :
[Original Arena] Changed the layout

Buff :
[Leo Akastenix] Dark Energy mana cost reduced from 175 to 150
[Directive255] Death and Decay poison chance raised from 20% to 40%
[Directive255] Unholy Armor minimum health is half as much for self

Nerf :
[Daffa the Mage] Elite Mage passive damage reduced from 7% to 6%
[[E]clipse] Blade Charge mana cost increased from 100 to 150
[Daffa the Mage] Amplification Field mana cost increased from 500 to 600
[SECRET BOSS 1] World End now resets damage modifier for the enemy back to 100%
[SECRET BOSS 2] Body Hack now only inflict one status effect

Notes :
The current trigger structure is dampening some creative works without a lot of rework. Hopefully, this will be fixed with a code change soon

CHECK OUT THE IDEA THREAD AS WELL!
Contents

Deathrise 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Abilities like Holy Punishment should have passive icons. You can make them so with this: Button Manager v1.8.2 [E]clipse can't guard? And StopCampingN00b is a woman, I knew it! Lirian Von Draek's body remains on the ground and another live one is...
Yes! Keep creating, Daffa! You are going in right and interesting direction! :D
I'm honored to see EmberCraft creator gives me such praise ^^

Hopefully I can make something interesting based on this, oh and this is based on Chant with some serious amount of improvements.

It's great, but in my opinion you should balance it little bit, with full heal party it's impossible to die.
Lower difficulties, yes. In higher difficulties, the damage is an instant one-hit kill or a freeze followed with explosion deathblows. I'll think about making healing slightly less effective though.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. Abilities like Holy Punishment should have passive icons. You can make them so with this: Button Manager v1.8.2
  2. [E]clipse can't guard? And StopCampingN00b is a woman, I knew it!
  3. Lirian Von Draek's body remains on the ground and another live one is resurrected with the Revive spell (fourth place from the left; or second from the right).

Lovely mini-game, and it seems to have some passion and love connection in it as more than one people worked on it.
As with your other similar mini-game you could add more bosses.
Would be nice to have a slowly moving camera so you won't always see the same picture/frame.

Approved.

• Abilities like Holy Punishment should have passive icons. You can make them so with this: Button Manager v1.8.2
  • [E]clipse can't guard? And StopCampingN00b is a woman, I knew it!
  • Lirian Von Draek's body remains on the ground and another live one is resurrected with the Revive spell (fourth place from the left; or second from the right).
Will do the first recommendation.
[E]clipse has a buff that disables his Guard, look at his Passive for details. I recall it was SCN's personal request for the second though :p

All heroes have this issue. This is related to redscores' system, which, unless I made all the unit heroes, will persist. I'll think of a way to clean it up fast.

1. Abilities like Holy Punishment should have passive icons. You can make them so with this: Button Manager v1.8.2
  2. [E]clipse can't guard? And StopCampingN00b is a woman, I knew it!
  3. Lirian Von Draek's body remains on the ground and another live one is resurrected with the Revive spell (fourth place from the left; or second from the right).
Lovely mini-game, and it seems to have some passion and love connection in it as more than one people worked on it.
As with your other similar mini-game you could add more bosses.
Would be nice to have a slowly moving camera so you won't always see the same picture/frame.

Approved.
uhhh love and passion :rolleyes:

New :
Secret Code is now revealed properly when player wins with over certain amount of point

Bugfix :
Fixed final score overrides damage instead of adding to damage
Fixed Divine Bolts tooltip
Fixed Lirian von Drake's Attack tooltip

Change :
Internal damage mechanism changed
Elemental attributes introduced, which will be valuable for future bosses and characters
Point system now rescaled

Buff :
Lirian von Drake's Holy Punishment Damage Bonus increase per turn up from 0 to 100
Lirian von Drake's Holy Punishment now prevents Frozen ailment from skipping turn
Directive255's Death and Decay poison chance raised from 20% to 60%
Daffa the Mage's Amplification Field party damage bonus increased from 1% to 5%
Leo Akastenix' Dark Energy now gives one turn invulnerability along with other effects
Edge45's Phoenix Bomb burn bonus damage increased from 2x to 3x
Edge45's Burning Blade now prevents Frozen ailment from skipping turn

Nerf :
Daffa the Mage's Flame Ignition mana cost increased from 0 to 50
Daffa the Mage's Amplification Field mana cost increased from 600 to 1000
Daffa the Mage's Chaos Rain mana cost increased from 300 to 350
Daffa the Mage's Elite Mage damage burst reduced from 4% to 2%
[E]clipse's Attack Assault Signal bonus reduced from 200% to 150%
[E]clipse's Blade Charge bonus reduced from 500% to 400%

Notes :
  • The idea is to make Daffa the Mage less effective but still reliable as an option, at the moment his passive is troublesome (which is why he gets multiple nerf over the two patches) and his Amp Field, despite the previous mana cost, is a prime choice for party wide bonus, since it's 3x damage bonus for next attack, regardless of type, which is broken when combined with [E]clipse. The current setup should make his Amp less used and makes his passive MUCH less destructive than it was.
  • Lirian is undermined in efficiency by multiple characters due to his unclear role. His healing is outmatched due to SCN passive immunity to Frozen, his damage output is weaker than [E]clipse and Rheiko, and his bolt spell is also used by Paillan who has more effective passive. I am trying to make Lirian more efficient later in the game by having his damage always increase which allows him to equalize himself with [E]clipse and Rheiko in term of damage output. His new frozen immunity also makes him a viable healing replacement to SCN.
  • Leo has been quite underpowered. His attack relies on chance, while his spell is not as destructive as everyone else. His support ability however, is unique enough that it can be focused on a main hitter and I would like to expand on that potential.
  • Edge45 has been quite a pickle on his Phoenix Bomb. His attack is not reliable enough due to the sheer randomness of the bomb hitting, while his Phoenix Bomb damage isn't pretty astounding. This update should make him worthy enough to keep around for burst damage with burning around. His frozen resistance would make him a suitable replacement to [E]clipse who has no Frozen immunity.
  • [E]clipse damage has been notoriously broken when no shield is involved. This patch would reduces his extreme effectivity, and makes his physical less of an obvious choice
  • The general system is being changed starting from this patch. This hopefully eases development and allows new heroes to be implemented with less pain from the existing codes.