Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dawn of the Twilight's Hammer

Submitted by Warseeker
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

DAWN OF THE TWILIGHT'S HAMMER
V 1.0.2

"Seduced by the promises of power and the destructive intentions of the twisted Aspect of Death, the Twilight's Hammer clan join this latter in his quest to unmake Azeroth"

Dawn of the Twilight's Hammer is a singleplayer custom campaign that follows the story of World of Warcraft after Wrath of the Lich King as Deathwing makes his return to Azeroth. The gameplay is to complete quests while revealing the story similar to Blizzard's original campaigns.

How to play

1 - Download the campaign.
2 - For patch 1.27 or older : Move the campaign to : /Warcraft III/Campaign folder.
For patch 1.28 or newer : Move the campaign to : Documents/Warcraft III/Campaign folder.
For Mac users : Move the campaign to : /Library/Application/Support/Blizzard/Warcraft III/Campaign Folder.
3 - Play the campaign

-- Requirements --

- Warcraft 3 : The Frozen Throne (Classic)
- Patch 1.27 or newer

Note : The campaign may work on older patches but it's not recommended to play on them.

BEFORE YOU ASK ANY QUESTION MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FAQ AND TROUBLESHOOTING ON THE FIRST COMMENT !

Features

- 25 maps, including 15 chapters + 4 sub-maps (8 Macro Mission + 11 Micro Missions), 5 interludes, 1 secret mission.
- A storyline based on World of Warcraft : Cataclysm.
- Puzzles, Riddles and Boss Fights.
- Available in two languages : English and French.
- Three new custom techtrees : Trolls, Taurens and Goblins.
- Variable Difficulty Level : Easy, Normal, Hard.
- New custom units, items, abilities.

Main Characters

[​IMG] Thrall : Son of Durotan, Thrall was the Warchief of the Horde and ruler of Durotar in Kalimdor. After the Cataclysm, he temporarily gave leadership to Garrosh Hellscream in order to lead the Earthen Ring's effort against the Twilight's Hammer cult and elemental unrest afflicting Azeroth.
[​IMG] Garrosh : Son of Grommash Hellscream, Garrosh was a great Mag'har warrior and one of Garadar's leaders of Nagrand in Outland, until Thrall met him and invited him to join the Horde in Azeroth.
[​IMG] Vol'jin : Son of Sen'jin and current leader of the Darkspear tribe, Vol'jin has become one of the pillars of the Horde. Present at the founding of Orgrimmar, Vol'jin lived there for many years offering strategic advice to Thrall.
[​IMG] Cairne : High Chieftain of the Bloodhoof Taurens and the final wielder of the Bloodhoof Runespear. Allying with the Horde upon its arrival on the shores of Kalimdor, Cairne stood as one of its wisest and most venerated leaders.
[​IMG] Gazlowe : The chief engineer of Durotar, Gazlowe held great respect towards the Horde as shown multiple times through his efforts in founding Orgrimmar.
[​IMG] Garona : An assassin and a spymistress half-orc half-draenei. Garona was an emissary of the Horde during the first invasion of Azeroth, and was the reluctant murderer of King Llane Wrynn. She later joined the battle against the Twilight's Hammer clan.

Story

After Gul'dun's defeat in the Tomb of Sargeras, Cho'gall, the chieftain of the Twilight Hammer clan, somehow managed to survive with some of his cultists. He traveled to the ancient Temple of Ahn'Qiraj where he took shelter. Years laters, Cho'gall became servant of the old gods and was able to recreate his clan. Allying with Deathwing, they helped him break free from Deepholm which sadly caused the Elemental Unreset. Troubled by this latter, Thrall decides to lead an investigation in order to stop the elemental imbalance and the Twilight's Hammer.

Screenshots

Screenshot 1
[​IMG]
Screenshot 2
[​IMG]
Screenshot 3
[​IMG]
Screenshot 4
[​IMG]
Screenshot 5
[​IMG]
Screenshot 6
[​IMG]
Screenshot 7
[​IMG]
Screenshot 8
[​IMG]
Screenshot 9
[​IMG]

Credits

Credits List

Campaign Designer

Warseeker

Story Developer

Warseeker
Blizzard Entertainement

Resources In Use

Models

levigeorge1617
Tauer
SuPa-
Tarrasque
Nosferoh
SageOne
Prattor
Freddyk
Cavman
Deolrin
Callahan
Chaosium
Slim Shady
Just_Spectating
Dionesiist
Murlocologist
HandCLAW
Gluma
kangyun
assasin_lord
RightField
Kirym
alfredx_sotn
Henry
JetFangInferno
grunt
shamanyouranus
Ujimasa Hojo
PROXY
takakenji
Kuhneghetz
NO_exe
apaka
Stefan.K
Mythic
Nasrudin
Sellenisko
eubz
Misha
Eagle XI
Kwaliti
Mister_Haudrauf
olofmoleman
FerSZ
-Grendel
General Frank
Norinrad
Radagast
supertoinkz
JesusHipster
Himperion
HerrDave
IamMclovin

Icons

BETABABY
bigapple90
-Berz-
Darkfang
JollyD
Kuhneghetz
Mister_Haudrauf
NFWar
PeeKay
PrinceYaser
Sin'dorei300
Scias
The Panda
takakenji
UgoUgo
viiva
Wildfire

Skins

chr2
Chriz.
Cavman
erwtenpeller
FreiBier
GhostThruster
Hermit
Heinvers
HerrDave
Hawkwing
HungaryMaster
Juice_F
Lockheart
Maximal
67chrome

Spells

f0rsAk3n
Paladon

Special Thanks

Blizzard Entertainement
Fort Boyard
Capcom
Bethesda Softworks
Tango Gameworks

ChangeLog

Version 1.0

Translation

French - v 1.0.1 (32.4 MB) - Direct Download

Riddles & Puzzles Solution

Dotth Riddles & Puzzles Solution | HIVE

Known Issues

- Some ambient sounds may not work properly on patch 1.30+
- Gazlowe's abilities will reset at the start of each chapter due to a bug caused by Enginering Upgrade.

Author's Note

You are free to edit the campaign as long as it is personal. If you want to use my maps' terrains, ideas or triggers for your project, go ahead but give me credit. If you want to translate the campaign, do so, but DO NOT change anything without my permission !
Contents

Dawn of the Twilight's Hammer (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
[spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [/spoiler] A long campaign with shallow narrative and no character development. The gameplay...
  1. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm talking about the AI not the player.
    Working on it.
    Are you talking about the riddles in chapter seven?
    It was intentional.
    I thought I fixed it the last time I checked. Will check again.
    I'm not too concerned about voices/models right now. I'm focusing on game breaking bugs.

Guys, please don't ask me questions on how to solve riddles/puzzles. You should figure them yourself.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

3. MaxHothhowzer

MaxHothhowzer

Resources:
    Resources:

I mean like Chapter 5 and onwards all the floating riddles don't appear even the statue riddles

4. MaxHothhowzer

MaxHothhowzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seriously?!

5. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there some way to get to Sinestra, the dragon boss in chapter 15?

6. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    On what patch are you playing ?
    Yes, the first 10 chickens are easy to select, after that, it becomes tricky.
    Only on hard difficulty.

7. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone knows the Temple Riddle of that statue ??
    From "Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj " Chapter

8. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    How to get Crown of Kings+5 item in Chapter 7 ??
    The gate is close there, how to open ?

Anyone give some hint

9. Ricoslaw

Ricoslaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    To get the crown you need a golden key. It is located at the moving platforms zone. There is 10 riddles on this mission. You must be more specific.

10. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Am talking about those riddles - where you get to see many different color portal/platform at ground which will telport us to different location...

I am talking about statue where you will reach through Red, blue ,purple and green Portal/platform

11. Ricoslaw

Ricoslaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have 9/10 riddles done... i can't figure out this one (behind big gate with a skull where u needed to step on diffrent colored runes to get through) btw:
    It is often understood,
    It always wants to help,
    it is often a winner,
    Sometimes you return it

I remember some of them, those are answers from the top of my head:
    Sunflower
    Feather
    Plan

If u can write some of this riddles to me here or in PM, I should remember more of it. :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  12. MaxHothhowzer

MaxHothhowzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some friendly advice for the campaign

1. You can do the same thing that Turnro did in his campaign where if people play the chapters on hard they can find strong (not overpowered) items.
    2. Maybe fleshout Thrall's elemental summons (Like having the fire elemental's immolation become stronger with each level or the rock elemental having more health than the others) rather than just having their health and attack dmg increase.
    3. Have the different races you play as be a little more diverse. They feel to similar from each other.

13. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone knows this riddle answer -

"It is often understood, it always wants to help, it is often a winner, sometimes you return it. What is it ? "

14. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    The continuation of my review

Chapter 2:
    -Why on earth are Night Elves in this region and why are they hostile to us at this point?
    -Garrosh could have Gorehowl (and by the way Thrall could have Doomhammer)
    -Lorewise, it is ironic seeing Garrosh employing warlocks among his ranks
    -Why don't we have trolls, tauren and goblins among our ranks?

Maraudon
    -I am not sure if any centaurs ever worked for the Old Gods in the lore

15. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:

- Well, in Cataclysm Horde did fight Night Elves in the Ashenvale intensively. Also, Desolace was always contested area from both sides. Questing there is all about convincing native Centaur clans to join you instead to the enemy faction.
    - That point makes no sense.
    - Well, you are speaking about True Horde, and that happened later, in late Mists of Pandaria. While his logic here was, I think, that a player can make an Orc Warlock character, so it is logical that Orcs would use Warlocks in their ranks.
    - Every race went in another direction to defeat potential threat. In that interlude they were talking about that.
    - He said that lore is not strictly followed in his campaign.

16. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know that, but during the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, one of the reasons Garrosh hates Thrall is because he allowed warlocks to live in Orgrimmar. He hates warlocks since some of them corrupted the Horde and turned them into pawns of the demons.

Then again, Blizzard made Garrosh more and more hateable with each passing expansion, so him being tolerant of warlocks by this point would make sense.

I just remembered that, thanks. But them providing each other support in the form of troops could have been more helpful in the long run. Garrosh would have access to the Taurens' superior strength, the Goblins' war machines and the Trolls' voodoo.

17. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    my apologies, "it" should be replaced with "he" instead. Those riddles were in french then translated to english. That's why they might be hard to understand.
    Like I said, this campaign is NOT canon to wow, you can't expect everything to be the same as in the lore.
    They serve Theradras, not the old gods.

@MogulKahn I just checked the bug you said about Ancestral Spirit in Beal'dun Keep, the ability does not require food to work.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  18. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:

19. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then how would I know about this problem? That makes no sense. I had all my units alive until that part where you are attacked by 3 towers and you need to step on that power stone to shut them down. Then, one of my Taurens died, I tried to use Ancestral Spirit and got that massage, that I need more "Burrows". I had around 15 units.

After a while, when bunch of my Taurens died, then I could use Ancestral Spirit without any problems.

I think you have limit on that map around maybe 40-50 food, and after that limit is breached, you can't resurrect your units, until you are below that limit again.

EDIT:

Managed to find some time to play a few more maps.

Map 5:
    - Zorbin changes his name when you use Chemical Rage into Razzil something..

Map 6:
    - You should put some indicator for that passage to Oardr'ith
    - You need to give some explanation for attacking Cenarion Circle. They are neutral, and with this way, Horde looks like a bad guys, just attacking them for a resources. Especially because you are playing with a Thrall, aka Green Jesus of the Warcraft universe.

- You need seriously to invest your time into grammar and change everything from French to English, especially riddles. Right now, some of the riddles don't make any sense. I stopped bothering with them until you fix them,
    - You should also work on the reward system more, because, right now, it is really not worth exploring and creeping for very minor or no rewards at all when it comes to items and runes,
    - 5 out of 6 first maps were kind of repetitive. Defend as hard as you can until you build your base, you are attacked from a few different enemies, survive until you destroy first enemy base, and from there it is a downhill battle.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  20. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    HOTFIX :
    • Fixed an issue in Chapter Six with the dragon quest where you need to get 3 fragments instead of 2.
    • Gazlowe's Robo-Goblin ability no longer uses food.
    • Fixed Zorbin's name after casting Chemical Rage.
    • Fixed some riddles texts.

I don't think so. None of the taurens uses food in that mission. On what patch are you playing ?