1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. And she's bought a stairway to heaven. The 6th Special Effect Contest Results are here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dawn of the Twilight's Hammer

Submitted by Warseeker
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

DAWN OF THE TWILIGHT'S HAMMER
V 1.0.2

"Seduced by the promises of power and the destructive intentions of the twisted Aspect of Death, the Twilight's Hammer clan join this latter in his quest to unmake Azeroth"

Dawn of the Twilight's Hammer is a singleplayer custom campaign that follows the story of World of Warcraft after Wrath of the Lich King as Deathwing makes his return to Azeroth. The gameplay is to complete quests while revealing the story similar to Blizzard's original campaigns.

How to play

1 - Download the campaign.
2 - For patch 1.27 or older : Move the campaign to : /Warcraft III/Campaign folder.
For patch 1.28 or newer : Move the campaign to : Documents/Warcraft III/Campaign folder.
For Mac users : Move the campaign to : /Library/Application/Support/Blizzard/Warcraft III/Campaign Folder.
3 - Play the campaign

-- Requirements --

- Warcraft 3 : The Frozen Throne (Classic)
- Patch 1.27 or newer

Note : The campaign may work on older patches but it's not recommended to play on them.

BEFORE YOU ASK ANY QUESTION MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FAQ AND TROUBLESHOOTING ON THE FIRST COMMENT !

Features

- 25 maps, including 15 chapters + 4 sub-maps (8 Macro Mission + 11 Micro Missions), 5 interludes, 1 secret mission.
- A storyline based on World of Warcraft : Cataclysm.
- Puzzles, Riddles and Boss Fights.
- Available in two languages : English and French.
- Three new custom techtrees : Trolls, Taurens and Goblins.
- Variable Difficulty Level : Easy, Normal, Hard.
- New custom units, items, abilities.

Main Characters

[​IMG] Thrall : Son of Durotan, Thrall was the Warchief of the Horde and ruler of Durotar in Kalimdor. After the Cataclysm, he temporarily gave leadership to Garrosh Hellscream in order to lead the Earthen Ring's effort against the Twilight's Hammer cult and elemental unrest afflicting Azeroth.
[​IMG] Garrosh : Son of Grommash Hellscream, Garrosh was a great Mag'har warrior and one of Garadar's leaders of Nagrand in Outland, until Thrall met him and invited him to join the Horde in Azeroth.
[​IMG] Vol'jin : Son of Sen'jin and current leader of the Darkspear tribe, Vol'jin has become one of the pillars of the Horde. Present at the founding of Orgrimmar, Vol'jin lived there for many years offering strategic advice to Thrall.
[​IMG] Cairne : High Chieftain of the Bloodhoof Taurens and the final wielder of the Bloodhoof Runespear. Allying with the Horde upon its arrival on the shores of Kalimdor, Cairne stood as one of its wisest and most venerated leaders.
[​IMG] Gazlowe : The chief engineer of Durotar, Gazlowe held great respect towards the Horde as shown multiple times through his efforts in founding Orgrimmar.
[​IMG] Garona : An assassin and a spymistress half-orc half-draenei. Garona was an emissary of the Horde during the first invasion of Azeroth, and was the reluctant murderer of King Llane Wrynn. She later joined the battle against the Twilight's Hammer clan.

Story

After Gul'dun's defeat in the Tomb of Sargeras, Cho'gall, the chieftain of the Twilight Hammer clan, somehow managed to survive with some of his cultists. He traveled to the ancient Temple of Ahn'Qiraj where he took shelter. Years laters, Cho'gall became servant of the old gods and was able to recreate his clan. Allying with Deathwing, they helped him break free from Deepholm which sadly caused the Elemental Unreset. Troubled by this latter, Thrall decides to lead an investigation in order to stop the elemental imbalance and the Twilight's Hammer.

Screenshots

Screenshot 1
[​IMG]
Screenshot 2
[​IMG]
Screenshot 3
[​IMG]
Screenshot 4
[​IMG]
Screenshot 5
[​IMG]
Screenshot 6
[​IMG]
Screenshot 7
[​IMG]
Screenshot 8
[​IMG]
Screenshot 9
[​IMG]

Credits

Credits List

Campaign Designer

Warseeker

Story Developer

Warseeker
Blizzard Entertainement

Resources In Use

Models

levigeorge1617
Tauer
SuPa-
Tarrasque
Nosferoh
SageOne
Prattor
Freddyk
Cavman
Deolrin
Callahan
Chaosium
Slim Shady
Just_Spectating
Dionesiist
Murlocologist
HandCLAW
Gluma
kangyun
assasin_lord
RightField
Kirym
alfredx_sotn
Henry
JetFangInferno
grunt
shamanyouranus
Ujimasa Hojo
PROXY
takakenji
Kuhneghetz
NO_exe
apaka
Stefan.K
Mythic
Nasrudin
Sellenisko
eubz
Misha
Eagle XI
Kwaliti
Mister_Haudrauf
olofmoleman
FerSZ
-Grendel
General Frank
Norinrad
Radagast
supertoinkz
JesusHipster
Himperion
HerrDave
IamMclovin

Icons

BETABABY
bigapple90
-Berz-
Darkfang
JollyD
Kuhneghetz
Mister_Haudrauf
NFWar
PeeKay
PrinceYaser
Sin'dorei300
Scias
The Panda
takakenji
UgoUgo
viiva
Wildfire

Skins

chr2
Chriz.
Cavman
erwtenpeller
FreiBier
GhostThruster
Hermit
Heinvers
HerrDave
Hawkwing
HungaryMaster
Juice_F
Lockheart
Maximal
67chrome

Spells

f0rsAk3n
Paladon

Special Thanks

Blizzard Entertainement
Fort Boyard
Capcom
Bethesda Softworks
Tango Gameworks

ChangeLog

Version 1.0

Translation

French - v 1.0.1 (32.4 MB) - Direct Download

Riddles & Puzzles Solution

Dotth Riddles & Puzzles Solution | HIVE

Known Issues

- Some ambient sounds may not work properly on patch 1.30+
- Gazlowe's abilities will reset at the start of each chapter due to a bug caused by Enginering Upgrade.

Author's Note

You are free to edit the campaign as long as it is personal. If you want to use my maps' terrains, ideas or triggers for your project, go ahead but give me credit. If you want to translate the campaign, do so, but DO NOT change anything without my permission !
Contents

Dawn of the Twilight's Hammer (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
[spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [/spoiler] A long campaign with shallow narrative and no character development. The gameplay...
  1. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, here it is, finally after 3 years of development. The campaign was supposed to be released by the end of 2019 but it got delayed till today due to technical issues.

Please note that is campaign is NOT 100% canon to World of Warcraft, some events may look the same, some are different, the story is 50% by Blizzard and 50% by me. Also note that the events of this campaign are set between the Elemental Unrest and the Cataclysm, so if you're not familiar with those two, then you may find it confusing. I suggest you check out Wikiwow or Wowpedia to understand things better.

The difficulty can be selected at the beginning of each chapter. There are three types of difficulty, what changes the most in each difficulty is the AI whereas some units get nerfed/optimised. This is how the AI behave on each difficulty :

EASY :
    • Workers don't repair nor rebuild their lost structures.
    • Attack waves come in small size.
    • Enemy Heroes don't come in the attack waves.
    • Enemies don't use upgrades.
    • All enemies including Neutral Hostile units have low handicap (HP) by 60%
    NORMAL :
    • Workers repair and rebuild some of their lost structures.
    • Attack waves come in medium size.
    HARD :
    • Workers repair and rebuild all their lost structures.
    • Attack waves come in large size.
    • Enemies start with full upgrades.
    • Player Heroes have more priority to the AI.

Tip : When playing on Hard, watch out for your hero as the AI will focus all their attacks on him.

⋆ FAQ ⋆

1) What is the recommanded patch to play this campaign ?
    • 1.27 or 1.29.
    2) Can I play this campaign on Reforged ?
    • No, Reforged does not support custom campaigns yet.
    3) How long does it take to beat the campaign ?
    • From 12 to 14 hours, depends on how you play.
    4) Is there a reward for beating the campaign on a specific difficulty ?
    • No. There are, however, some things that can only be unlocked on Hard difficulty such as the secret mission or boss fights.
    5) How do I unlock the secret mission ?
    • To unlock the secret mission, you have to beat chapter 2+3+4+5 on Hard Difficulty without using the Invincible Cheat (Whosyourdaddy)
    • The Sub-Maps are not "required" to be played on Hard.
    6) How do I get an "A" rank ?
    • To get an "A" rank, you have to beat the campaign in less than 8 hours, without saving and without cheats.
    7) Are cheats allowed in this campaign ?
    • Yes, but they are not supported as they may break some things especially during cinematics or boss fights.
    8) Are you planning to make this campaign compatible with Reforged ?
    • Short Answer : No.
    • Long Answer : Reforged is nothing but a visual upgrade if you ask me. The game still looks the same in both versions and it wouldn't make any difference if I upgrade this campaign to it, not to mention the lack of custom Reforged resources.
    ⋆ TROUBLESHOOOTING ⋆

1) I'm getting a black screen or crash when I try to start a mission, what should I do ?
    • Update your Warcraft 3 version to 1.27 or newer.
    2) When I load a save, I can no longer progress on the mission ?
    • This bug can occur mostly on patch 1.31. It is possible that sometimes when you load a save you will get stuck at some point of the game like when you kill a quest objective and nothing happens after that or the quest will remain incomplete even if the objective is complete.
    Solution : Restart the mission. (You may use cheats to speed up the progress if you want)

3) When I click "Continue" on the victory dialog, the game crashes ?
    • Play the next mission manually via the campaign screen.
    4) When I complete a chapter, the next chapter button is not visible on the campaign screen ?
    • Open the campaign in the Campaign Editor then click on "Loading Screen" tab, Double Click on the chapter, Tick "Visible (first time campaign is loaded)"
    Notice : Doing so will erase all the buttons you unlocked previously, so you may want to check those too in case you want to return to them later.

5) Is there a way I can downgrade to an older patch ?
    • Legally? No. But if you're fine with piracy then you may find these links useful :
    1. Warcraft 3 Legacy Installer (1.21b - 1.27a)
    2. [Need Help] Back to 1.29
    3. Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files
    4. Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files
    ⋆ Commands ⋆

You can type these commands in the chat anytime during the game to reveal things :

• /time : Shows how long you've been playing the campaign.
    • /save : Shows how many saves you've made in the campaign.
    • /cheat : Shows how many cheats you've used in the campaign.
    • /unlock : Unlocks ALL chapters + interludes.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  2. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This looks really great, Warseeker. I enjoy custom campaigns that discuss WoW events, since it gives people like me who are unfamiliar with the WoW storyline a chance to understand how blizzard has continued the story after Wc3. (I know you said 50/50, but I guess it still gives some direction as to the WoW storyline).

Edit: Removed complaint about patch advertisements.

3. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then let us start reviewing this campaign

Chapter One

Opening Cinematic
    "What do you mean?" rather than "How do you mean?"
    "...may help us solve this..."

Gameplay
    -Thrall's Totem Mastery doesn't have a description regarding what each level provides

Cinematic when we meet the Herald
    "I didn't ask for advice, mad one!" rather than "I didn't ask for advice, mad!"

Interlude

-Wait, those cultists belong to a self-proclaimed Doomsday Cult that apparently worship the Twilight Hammer clan?
    -Well, last time Cho'gall appeared was around Year 25 after the Dark Portal opened, and now we are in the Year 28, so he being gone for "a long time" might be an exageration.
    -Why does Thrall have to go to Outland in order to deal with the Elemental Unrest in Azeroth?
    -So Thrall leaves the Horde, but he forgets to tell Garrosh, Cairne and Vol'jin that the Twilight Hammer is behind the whole thing? I swear, if Cairne dies because of this like he did in the lore, I will be so pissed at Thrall...

4. HeheSylvanas

HeheSylvanas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems really interesting! I will definitely try it out!

5. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Wait, so there are only three years between the second war and WoW Cataclys? wtf

6. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    What? No!

Cho'gall reappeared between the events of the Frozen Throne and the Burning Crusade. He ruined a summit in Theramore by attempting to kill Varian and Thrall by using Garona, hoping that it would cause a war between Alliance and Horde.

7. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Ahhh, you mean those weird comics where Med'an used to be a thing? i think that was retconned : p

8. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone knows Riddle answer from 1st chapter ?:vw_wtf:

By the way, in easy Mode , it's written above that "Worker cannot rebuild structure "

Means i cannot repair Watch Tower or any building if enemy attack ??

9. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is "Oasis"

10. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    How are you supposed to solve the riddle stones? How do we get the answers?

11. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Those
    Those are kinda tricky, if your good with riddles (and fluid on english) you'll have no problem, i just missed one so far (btw, i'm stucked on the switches puzzle inside the Temple, thats the only one i couldnt finish yet :"c)

12. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finished first two maps, now on third. Playing on Normal.

1. Map
    - I think you should add a bit more Runes of Healing, especially later, while creeping, you are not getting experience nor items, at least my units shouldn't be on brink on death. Or I can go to that Healing Fountain on the beginning, but that is just chore of a job.
    - Spear Throwers should be a bit bigger. They look too small next to the Grunts. Also, I would prefer different voice for them. Maybe Nazgrel's or Slave Master's.
    - Too many elementals with Magic Resistance, Shaman can't attack them.
    - That base in the end is kind of too tough for just Mantle of Intelligence.

2. Map
    - Would change Garrosh's voice into Grom's. It fits him better I think. And it is kind of annoying hearing all the time 2 sentences when attacking. BLOOD FOR BLOOD!

3. Map
    - Just started, left that first area near those ships. Only thing that I don't like is that Axe Thrower and Raptor Rider are using Dark Troll icons. Also, I would prefer this model of Raptor Rider, instead of the one you are currently using. Darkspear Troll Rider

Overall, really amazing so far. Has Tomorider's vibe to it, and that is a good thing. You should just work a bit on grammar. A

Also, converisation text doesn't appear on the screen, only when I click F9.

13. johnwar

johnwar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Use this voice lines for Garrosh. That's from tomoraider's Curse of the Forsaken campaign.
    Edit: What's the answer in the riddle of Bael'dun Keep?:grin:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  14. SleepyAshI

SleepyAshI

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a problem from chapter six of this campaign because when I was doing the 2nd part of the mission it get instant finish of my mission when I didn't get even finish the and when I obtain the item to open a gate the item that was given to me from doing side missions it instantly remove from my inventory I hope you fix this Mission

15. Thunder1

Thunder1

Resources:
    Resources:
    hard mode is really insane .. but i want to play the secret mssion

16. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yeah, many times i defeat a boss at each chapter's end i have to remember to drop something as fast as i can from my inventory to pick the item the chapter boss's drops before jumping to the cutscene, wich happens really fast

17. MaxHothhowzer

MaxHothhowzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Love the campaign so far (busy with the blackrock clan part 2 mission) however I did find some bugs with it. (Spoilers!!!)

1. After a few missions the floating text for the riddle runes don't appear anymore.
    2. The color chickens minigame is buggy as instead the yellow color appearing on the chicken for 2 seconds it just so every now and then appears for a millisecond and so making it practically near impossible to beat.
    3. The part where you have to get the three fragments for the Chronomantic Dragons is bugged where you need to get 3 shards but I only got 2 and it gave me the key.
    4. (not really an issue and you do address it and this is more a fun thing) Gazlows abilities resteting. Again not an issue just a neat feature as it gives me the option to play around with his abilities in each chapter he is in.
    5. Gazlows Robo-Goblin form Cost 5 food, it should cost no food as it is a hero ability.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  18. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Continuation of 3. map:

- I see no point of Witch Doctors at the beginning, with only Sentry Ward and their weak auto-attack. I would change them with some siege unit to help out with destroying Sandfury Tribe's base.
    - Remove a word "Troll" from Headhunters now when they are Jungle Troll-only race. Also Witch Doctor and all other Trolls that were in Blizzard's Orcs.
    - That Hydromancer Kulratha needs Sand Troll skin.
    - That Power Generator could be something else. Maybe some voodoo mask or something. Generator is unfitting.

4. map:

- Can't use Ancestral Spirit in the keep. It requires more Food to be used.

I meant F12 instead of F9 in the previous post.
    Also, I have to add, that map transition is really cool. I am glad someone is actually utilizing it.

As of this point, playing through 5 maps, 2 thins that I don't like:
    1. You are using same voices too often, in my opinion. If it is a Tauren, it doesn't mean that only voice you can give to them is Tauren's. You can also give them "manly" voice from another race, like, let's say Druid of the Claw.
    2. You could have been a bit more creative with races. Race is not custom if you just changed model of it. It is most obvious with Goblins. They are pretty much small, green Humans.

Some Jungle Troll icons instead of those Dark Troll ones:
    BTNTrollFarSeer
    BTNTroll

19. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do you get the optional quest for mission 7, The ruins of ahn qiraj? I got to the escape section with thrall and garona and I still hadn't discovered it. There's also a ledge with a tome that I have no idea how to get up to, since you have no time with garona to go there with blink. I'm also not sure how to open that gate with the purple rune in front of it. What do those runes do anyway? Theres only one of each color that I've found, so i have no idea what stepping on them does

EDIT: finally got that gate open, but whats the answer to the riddle?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020