Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Data Editor Fields: Units

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Tutorials' started by Ardnived, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Ash Darkside

Ash Darkside

Resources:
    Resources:
    Equipment Array
    It turns into a single field if the combine the structure values button is pressed.
    The array consists of 5 fields:
    EquipmentArray_Effect
    The effects applied to the unit when it uses specific equipment set
    EquipmentArray_Icon
    Icon for the equipment set
    EquipmentArray_Name
    Name of the equipment set
    EquipmentArray_Tooltip
    Tooltip for the equipment set used by the unit
    EquipmentArray_Weapon
    Weapon for the equipment set

The units that had anything in these fields are the banelings and the carriers.
    Field Baneling (Baneling)
    CUnit_EquipmentArray_Weapon (VolatileBurstDummy)
    Field Carrier (Carrier)
    CUnit_EquipmentArray_Weapon (InterceptorsDummy)
    This indicates the use of an indirect (or secondary) attack, expecting the goliath units to have something there since they use two attacks (guns against ground and GA missiles against air) even though I couldn't find them in the unit list. You can add a weapon to the unit but it will not use it (even though it shows in the statues card) for some reason (could be the lack of proper actors or something else I am unaware of).

Glossary Alias
    The only units with anything in that field are the flying structures of the terrain and the Viking Assault. The field values were the same as the units name and didn't detect any effect when changing them.
    My best guess is that they serve as a reference to the unit they were converted from and would change back into.

Leader Alias
    According to the hoverover tooltip, this is the name displayed on the leaderboard during replayes or in observer mode and if there was no name it wouldn't display on the leaderboard.
    "The display name of the unit in the replay and observer leaderboard. A unite with no leader alias will not be displayed on the leaderboard."

Revive Type
    The only units with a value other than (##id##) are the reactors with (Reactor) as the value and the tech labs and the changed changelings with (##parent##) as the value.
    My best guess is that a way to make units revivable (like the Thor unit in the campaign) and this indicates to the type of unit this unit will be revived into (the forms of a changling will be revived as a changeling. The tech labs will revive only to be the tech lab they originally were [barracks tech labs don't work for the factory and vise versa]. And the reactor revives as a reactor regardless of what building is attached to it).
    Revive delay would become the time required before the unit becomes revivable (in the campaigns, Thor units took some time before you could revive them).
    Revive time would be the time needed to revive the unit (Thor units took some time to revive).
    This was not tested though.

I will do more testing and see if I can find more.

2. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Equipment arrays are for things that aren't technically weapons (eg, baneling boom and carrier interceptors) but that they want to be displayed as UI elements regardless. For example, the carrier does not actually shoot and deal damage, but its still nice to be able to see how much damage its interceptors deal.

Equipment effect/weapon are just to get the UI data to be displayed. It has no functional use :\

3. puffdragon

puffdragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    so, does any know what the "threat" field does?