[Revised as of 12 July 2017] Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.Dismiss Notice
We need your help nominating resources for or next YouTube video. Post here now.Dismiss Notice
Cast your vote for the best created hero from the Hive Workshop! [POLL] +100 REP Team Contest - Hive MemberDismiss Notice
The Terraining Mini Contest Reload #1 - Mist has began! Create a scene laden in thick fog, with only 20 doodads!Dismiss Notice
Full steam ahead! Choose the best steampunk song at our Music Contest #9 - PollDismiss Notice
Join us in our custom games night next Saturday, January 27th. We'll see you on Battle.net and Discord!Dismiss Notice
Darkening of Tirisfal 5.41 Beta
Submitted by Cyclotrutan
"The shadow has fallen over the glades of Tirisfal. The Scourge has desecrated the Scarlet Monastery and is now spreading corruption over the land, reaching ever closer to Capital city. Adventurers from all over Azeroth have gathered on both sides to assist in the battle."
Darkening of Tirisfal is a classic, slow-paced aeon of strife map with a strong focus on hero design. Choose between a variety of unique heroes, ranging from simple heroes with very basic abilities, to heroes with complex and challenging ability systems.
5.0 is a large update on the 4.X versions from 2010. The version features significant improvements to the terrain, the hero selection, and the base layouts. It also features two new complex heroes. None of the new features have been tested extensively; this is a beta version and bugs are likely. With the release version of 5.0, the map will be finally considered a finished product.
Fellow AoS-enthusiast Softmints over at lanepushinggames.com did an interview with me about the map. Check it out!
- Slow-paced, teamwork-based gameplay.
- Beautiful, atmospheric environment.
- 32 heroes, including simple and very complex heroes, many with unique mechanics and a vast repertoire of abilities.
- All Pick, Single Draft, All Random, and Sequenced Pick ("Captain's Mode") game modes.
- Many items and item recipes for tier 2 and tier 3 items.
- Tomes to upgrade the spells of your heroes. These tomes provide scaling possibilities for caster heroes.
- Runes: When having reached max level, the experience gain does not stop. But now, rather then reaching higher levels, you now unlock rune slots by gaining experience. Runes provide an additional passive bonus to your hero.
- Neutral creeps hide in the forests. The most powerful creep camp drops an additional rune slot, but can barely be killed by a single hero.
- Most likely free of any major balance issues. The map has undergone years of balance testing.
Darkening of Tirisfal is made for up to 8 players, 4 on each side. It is most enjoyable when played with 6 players, as a 3v3.
Fa]n[atic, Khaddy, legobomberpilot
for feedback and testing.
for help with triggering and bug fixes.
Tips and Comments
Crimson Coast, CC, Darkening of Tirisfal, Tirisfal, DoT, Aeon of Strife, AoS, Warcraft 3, Dota, PvP
Page 1 of 3
Page 1 of 3