1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. [Revised as of 12 July 2017] Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Music Contest #8 - Hive Soundtrack is up! Create the soundtrack for the upcoming videos of Hive Workshop's YouTube Channel.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the entries of the latest Mini-Mapping Contest: Stealth! Cast your vote for here!
    Dismiss Notice

Darkening of Tirisfal 4.6 Release

Submitted by Cyclotrutan
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
4.6 Changes
  • Production buildings now have more armor.
  • The ultra creep camps have been nerfed.
  • Avatar of the Elements: Gift of the Spirits heal amount reduced, the cooldown
    of all Elemental Wave and Elemental Blast spells increased, Seismic Wave knockback
    and mana cost reduced.
  • Pandaladin: Holy Light heal amount reduced. Damage unchanged.
  • Daughter of the Ancients: Nature's Vengeance redesigned, now procs magic bolts
    on attacks. Spell Reflection now also reduces magic damage taken.
  • Furbolg Adventurer: Ashenvale Furbolgs damage against structures reduced.
  • Wolf Lord: Attack speed of companions reduced.
  • Shadow Hunter: Primal Healing now has a small AoE heal component. Voodoo Doll
    now makes the target immune to another Hex for 30 seconds, up from 20.
  • Hand of Elune: Staff of Elemental Mastery effect added, Elunes Grace changed from
    critical hit and dodge chance to health regeneration and damage.
  • Shellcaster: Frost-Nova cooldown increased.
  • Plaguecaster: Essence of the Plague duration drastically increased.
  • Stormreaver Warlock: Unholy Strength now also adds passive strength.
  • Twilight Ranger: Haunting Ghost damage bonus reduced, Lament armor reduction
    increased.
  • Revenant of Mayhem: Tempestuous Shield now has a target cap.
  • Deathknight: Fixed a bug, which caused Runes to sometimes regenerate far to slow.
  • Turtle of Abyss: Turtle Shield cooldown increased.
  • Nerubian Deeplord: Hot Beetle target cap reduced.

4.5 Changes
  • New tier 3 item vendors have been added.
  • New item: Essence of Nordrassil.
  • All vendors outside the base have constructed obelisks to allow customers to
    use their Staff of Teleportation for an easy travel.
  • Added Staff of Elemental Mastery effects for all remaining heroes.
  • New command: -staff - Creates a Staff of Teleportation for your hero.
  • Nerubian Deeplord: Tentacle damage reduced and mana cost increased.

Darkening of Tirisfal is an Aeon-of-Strife map, that is setup in the glades of Tirisfal. The shadow of undeath is corrupting these once tranquil glades. As unholy champions command a vast army of undead creatures into battle, the mortal races of Azeroth have united. Heroes from all over the world have rallied to defend the lands of Tirisfal.

Features:
  • Slow-paced, teamwork-based gameplay.
  • Setup in a beautiful environment.
  • 29 complex, carefully framed heroes with many abilities.
  • Many items and item recipes for tier 2 and tier 3 items.
  • Tomes to upgrade the spells of your heroes. These tomes provide sufficient scaling possibilities for caster heroes, which lack in many other AoS-type maps.
  • Runes: When having reached max level, the experience gain does not stop. But now, rather then reaching higher levels, you now unlock rune slots, by gaining experience. Runes provide an additional passive bonus to your hero.
  • Creeps: Neutral creeps are also included. The most powerful creep camp drops an additional rune slot, but can barely be killed by a single hero.
  • Most likely free of any major balance issues.

Darkening of Tirisfal is made for up to 8 players, 4 on each side. It is most enjoyable played with a 3v3, but 2v2 and 4v4 are also possible.

Author:
Cyclotrutan

Credits to:
Fa]n[atic, Khaddy, legobomberpilot
for feedback and testing.

Imbapiranha
for help with triggering and bug fixes.

Screenshots
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Resource credits and other stuff
  • Icons:
    kola, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Infinitynexus, Destructor[DoR], GooS, mortal, Paladon, KelThuzad, ~Void~, X.e.r.e.X, Vermillion Edict
  • Models and Skins:
    ACdestinydream, JetFangInferno, dickxunder, Hawkwing,
    Champara Bros, CloudWolf, alfredx_sotn
  • Environmental models:
    Olofmoleman, Chriz. , xXm0rph3usXx, Nasrudin, Mc !, HappyTauren, Born²Modificate
  • Feel free to post suggestions, bug reports etc.
    If you want to comment about a balance issue, please send me a replay showing that.
  • When you choose your hero, notice the complexity rating. High complexity heroes
    require a high amount of micro management or a ton of different spells to learn.
    You may not want to play such a hero on your first game.
  • Hero tooltips include a rating for various of the hero's capabilities.
    Green is good, Yellow is average, Red is bad and Gray stands for non-existant.

Keywords:
Crimson Coast, CC, Darkening of Tirisfal, Tirisfal, DoT, Aeon of Strife, AoS, Warcraft 3, Dota, PvP
Contents

Darkening of Tirisfal 4.6 Release (Map)

Reviews
22:54, 18th Feb 2010 Ralle: Looks fine to me
  1. 22:54, 18th Feb 2010
    Ralle: Looks fine to me

2. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I loved playing your map.

The Heroes are awesome, I did not find any bugs ( until now ) .

5/5

3. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is good,but DARK NARRU is HORRIBLE man.I hate him and i dont like that a lot of spell is summoning spells.Thats bad in AOS maps.

4. Piranha89

Piranha89

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a slow and skill requiring map, is sort of oldschool and has a lot of unique heros, each one possessing well done spells.
    I highly recommend to play this map, my vote will also be a 5/5 and a vote for approval.

5. Cyclotrutan

Cyclotrutan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why do you think summonings are a bad thing?

6. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    U see Icefrog in his map swap summoning spells with some Other spells.U can have summoning spells but i tested 3 hereos and all of them have summoning(thrall,skeletal orc and dark naar).CHANGE NARRU MODEL OR DELETE HIM!!!

7. Piranha89

Piranha89

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Icefrog's map" is DotA. DotA is well known for insane nuking and imbalance, a very unfriendly community and imho has a very poor gameplay.
    Summoning may be slower than permanent, stupid nuking, but it really seperates the DotA kids from skilled players. If you can handle more than one single unit/hero, you will love those summons and use them to serve your will.
    Naaru may be an issue, but I'm sure there will be some players that like that high complexity.:wink:

8. Cyclotrutan

Cyclotrutan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not every hero has summoning spells, you just happened to play 3 with summonings.
    I think summoning spells dont fit DotA's gameplay, thats why icefrog deleted them. But the gameplay of crimson coast has much more room for summonings. they are very important, if you try to push a tower, as they can tank the tower for a short period of time.

out of all things you could hate about the naaru, i didnt think you would complain about the model. i think the model fits a naaru quiet nice, given the resources i had available.

9. Cyclotrutan

Cyclotrutan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The next hero I'm doing has a custom model.
    And now stop the dota talk already, this is about Crimson Coast.

edit: response to a deleted post.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  10. dead-man-walking

dead-man-walking

Resources:
    Resources:
    From other people's reviews, this seems to be a nice map. Gonna try it.
    EDIT: Some heroes are too complex. The Dark Naaru, for example, cannot attack AND move. Some players can tolerate a hero without an attack. However, most cannot tolerate those without a movement ability. Even in WoW, a Naaru can move. However, other heroes are okay for me. 4/5 and Approval for now (If you change the Naaru's model, enable him to move and reducing the number of summoning skills, 5/5).

@MogulKahn: Stop typing with chatspeak english and caps. DotA is a good map, but not every Warcraft player likes AoS. DotA's greatest flaw is the "freak" part of the community. The "freak"s are usually unfriendly addicted. I hope you are not one of them.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  11. Cyclotrutan

Cyclotrutan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thx for your review!
    I regret that most people dislike the Naaru so much, however some people still like to play him. Making the Naaru able to move would require a complete revamp. I rather add new heroes to the game instead of doing that, so that people who like to play the Naaru still can. All I can do is warn players, that this hero is not for the faint of heart.
    The model: Is there a custom model of a Naaru out there? I would love to add it to replace the current one, then.
    As for the summonings, I acknowledged that summonings spells are not wanted, and new heroes I will make won't have such spells.

12. dead-man-walking

dead-man-walking

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ask someone to made it. If nobody could, the last option is to use a WoW model of the Naaru (Yeah, the last resort if nobody could make that).

The summoning spell for the Naaru isn't that bad. However, instead of having 2 weak, short timed summons, it's better to have 1 strong summon with a long expiration timer.

Summoning spells is okay, however, having 2 of them in one hero, or having 1 of them in 2/5 number of heroes in each sides wasn't that okay. You can still add some heroes with summoning spells, however, have some time to create heroes without summoning spells before you ever think of creating a hero with summoning spell.

@MogulKahn:
    STOP.
    TYPING.
    IN.
    F-ING.
    CHATSPEAK.
    Please. For the sake of most people's brain.

Also, it's spelled Naaru, not Narru

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  13. vilation

vilation

Resources:
    Resources:
    In my opinion the Naaru is good as he is now.
    It´s better to have two summons than one. You can always flee in two different directions or you choose to sacrifice one for a shield and to flee with the other.
    The Naaru is maybe not the easiest hero to play(indeed one of the strongest if you can), but you dont have to play him if you dont like him it is as easy as that.

The good part of this map is that it is no so nuke-alike like dota. You dont die so fast here. There are many regeneration items which allows interesting line fights. The heros are well customized and the itemization is great too.

It´s a 5/5 for a great map. Sure better than dota. Dota is maybe the most played map but surely not the best out there. Most played does NOT mean that it is automatically the best available.

@MogulKahn: Stop trolling and using this i-am-11-year-old chatspeak

14. Bladev1

Bladev1

Resources:
    Resources:
    On the new version try making it a 6v6 instead of 4v4.

15. Cyclotrutan

Cyclotrutan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    in my opinion, in this map everything above 3vs3 is a zerg, with 4vs4 being acceptable. in addition, the effort to change it to 6vs6 would be immense. every game mechanic is geared to 4vs4 maximum. the buff assignment system for example wont work anymore, leading to stacking issues with buffs.

the next version will include new models and skins, among others a nice Naaru model by ACdestinydream, bug fixes and an improvement to the hotkeys (was requested by some people).

the next version is finished when i get the fixed naaru model.

16. vilation

vilation

Resources:
    Resources:
    In our last game the NagaHero seemed to be a little unstoppable. With a good amount of Manareg he could spam his spells and push lines with almost no effort.
    I would increase the manacost of his "siegespell" (~ 35-50), reduce the life of his waterelemental (~ 100-200) its almost like a tank! and increase the cooldown of it (~ 5-10sec). The rest seemed fine.
    And what about a glyhe for save port? like 50%-70% reduced dmg during porting (~ 2-4sec longer port?) uninterruptable but the player cannot cancel it anymore.
    Or a glyphe which reduce the porting time by 30%-50% or the cooldown of it by 30%-50% ?
    And plz make heroes not targetable for the port :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
  17. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @MogulKhan: stop it right now, going off-topic is also against the rules (well, you're quite familiar with the rules, judging from your reputation).
    Also, stop being a Dotard and do not compare a map to the most popular map in it's genre, rate it for what it is worth... (and DotA would be worth a 6.5 to 7/10).

@Vilation: thank you, each one of your 2 posts contained more (valuable) information than all of MogulKhan's posts combined (which isn't really much either, but still a lot more than you).

I've deleted all off-topic messages.

18. Cyclotrutan

Cyclotrutan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks, ap0calypse, it has gotten out of control.

----Version 3.20 has been released.----

I agree that the Naga is rather on the strong side, but your proposed nerfs are completely over-the-top. Reducing the elementals health sounds fine, though.

such a rune already exists, its the "Rune of the Explorer".

while it is maddening to be killed with a teleport on yourself by a noob, there are situations where teleporting on a hero is useful. I will change it so that the "victim" of the teleport has the option to forcefully cancel it.

19. dead-man-walking

dead-man-walking

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where's the Changelog? Also, i really want to see an allpick and an AI function. Well, both aren't really necessary (Especially Allpick) but would help.