1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dark Sun RPG v3.4.2

Submitted by Sgt. Johnson
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

(5) DARK SUN RPG
V 3.4.2

===============================================

Dark Sun RPG

The Story..

The kingdom of Menasil has been in peace for hundreds of years, free of war, free of famine. Those times were bright and hopeful...

Three years ago however..

Darkness began to take its hold in nearby lands, eventually reaching into Menasil. The Dark Lord Gald'anoth commanded legions of corrupted warriors into peaceful lands, corrupting those he could, and killing those who rebelled against him.

Although...Menasil had...what you could call a touch of luck. Gald'anoth had little success at invading Menasil, though he took much of the southern lands, the north was able to defend their land and stop his armies from pressing further into Menasil.

This is where your story takes place...It all starts here, in the Sunwood Forest...will your story take you into a heroic ending, or have an untimely end...the choice is yours...

Features

* Experience several dungeons, including bosses, loot, and other rewards.
* Level up to 55 and experience everything the map has to offer.
* Quests!
* Hireable mercenaries to accompany you in your adventure.
* A PvP system including PvP gear.
* Variety among classes as each spell has a maximum level of 20, allowing players to choose spells they more prefer for that class.
* Working Save/Load
* And more!

V3.4.0 Fixes/Changes

= General =

* All items now show what type of item they are.
* Hemet's Insignia now restores 15% life & mana on killing an enemy, up from 5%.

V3.4.0 Fixes/Changes

= General =

- You can no longer trigger PvP on others by putting a mercenary into the PvP zone.
- The Wolves Den has had it's max level range increased to level 20 up from 18.
- The Druid's loot for Nightblade hold has been corrected.
- You can now load as many times as you want while playing, the reason I had done this before was because players could spoof certain items, this was fixed.
- The max gold cap has been increased to 20000 from 10000.
- Repicking should now reset all of your quests that have been completed, so you can do them again.
- The quest Evil Residents can now be turned in.
- The Breaker has had his life reduced drastically.
- Several new rare creeps have been added into the map, they have a chance to spawn when killing certain enemies.
- Fixed a typo that said Super Potions required level 12 when they require level 20.
- Fixed several quest typos in Sunwood to show their proper name.
- Quest npc's now have floating text above them to show what quest(s) they are associated with.
- The quest npc for the quest Grizzly Wood's now has an exclamation mark above him.
- Water Shards for the quest Refill the Fountain now stack.
- A new repeatable quest has been added in the Rolling Hills.
- The Necromancer's Blood Golem now properly spawns with it's bonuses from Improved Blood Golem.
- Several terrain glitches were fixed.

= Classes =

- Hotkey has been fixed for Frost Nova.
- Necromancer can now summon his Blood Golem back to him by using the summoning spell again.

= Dungeons =

- The 3 Paladins in the Tomb of Fallen Crusaders have had their health reduced once more to shorten the time the dungeon should take.

Coming Soon!

* The Druid class will be completely revamped in a later version (Likely not this one, I need feedback on how to make it better, so please post suggestions here! I'd like to keep it as a Hybrid class that can be a caster, melee, or tank.)

Known Bugs

* None come to mind at this moment in time.

+ If you happen to discover any bugs (Which there probably will be a few since the map is new) I would appreciate it if you post them here or contact me in game (Sgt_Johnson@USWest)

Credits

* IPeonRush: For helping me with a few things a year ago before I had given up on this due to not having a Save/Load.
* AceHart: For creating a very nice and easy to understand and implement Save/Load system.
* Cyberlemons & Shpartikus: Supporting me to get this map out finally :p
* Others I may not remember the name of, sorry if I have forgotten your names.

Keywords:
dark, sun, dark sun, rpg, orpg
Contents

Dark Sun RPG v3.4.2 (Map)

Reviews
00:56, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What I mean is did you try loading with a different account, or did you save the arcanist on a different account. Because I have never had any issues with my heroes not loading at all and I haven't had anyone else have issues other than you =/

2. Bumkt

Bumkt

Resources:
    Resources:
    Multiple skill paths for each class would be kind of nice maybe 4 skills a path and a 5th for getting every skill in 1 path.

3. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Was thinking of something along the lines of that, I need to brainstorm on it, if anyone has some suggestions along the lines of this (possible skills, paths, ect.) I'd appreciate it and I'll credit you for them if I use them.

4. Chephros

Chephros

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just something I noticed on a play through. When selecting a hero, Necromancer still says he has Bone Spear instead of Improved Blood Golem.

Also, taking ideas for alternate paths eh? Sounds fun.

Also, for the Warrior: When choosing skills, Mutilate says it does 20% per level of Warriors Rage. When you actually HAVE the skill, at least for level 1 so far, it says only 10% per level of Rage.

Tried loading a character for the first time, been playing with other classes up until now. I noticed whenever I picked up a special drop, it said "That is not yours." I could pick it up anyway though. I load, and I still can't grab it. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but, yeah.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  5. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ya I fixed the rare loot so you can pick it up when you load, and it doesn't display that msg anymore.

6. Chephros

Chephros

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not sure the update works. I try to host and it says "The game was not found".

7. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ya was a bug, just fixed it, it does work now.

8. Chephros

Chephros

Resources:
    Resources:
    The lvl 15 Nightblade Grunts outside the Hold don't exactly seem to match the lvl 17's inside it. While they are creeps outside the area itself, they don't respawn, like the dungeon mobs, so perhaps they should be a bit stronger.

9. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Those are just there for extra stuff, the dungeon creeps don't respawn either the entire dungeon resets once another player enters after clearing it. Also the creeps inside are elite dungeon creeps, tougher than normal ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, it will be quite some time before another version comes, out tiny fixes will be addressed in the mean-time, the casting range on some spells has for some reason crept up again even though I've fixed it so many times lol.

The next major version will be a great increase to gameplay trust me :)

* Players can choose a specialty path after level 20, the paths will still be on par with the normal heroes, they will just specialize in certain aspects of the hero, the original hero will be just as good as the specializations however will be more of a hybrid of the two.
    * ----- Ex) Fire Mage can choose 2 paths, Pyromancer and Pyromaniac. The Pyromancer is adept at controlling his spells and focusing on single targets, a.k.a. major single target dps. While the Pyromaniac is the exact opposite and goes wild with his spells dealing mass AoE dps.
    * Item tooltips completely redone, and plenty of items will see improvements! Also shields will be introduced. Along with potions restoring both health and mana to save some inventory space.
    * Hard mode for all dungeons for max level players.
    * A new dungeon, the elemental sanctum, which will be on par with the Dark Fortress in difficulty and have 4 random bosses with different loot.

------------------

Please post any minor things need fixing here, most of them will be fixed by the time v4.0.0 arrives since most of the map is being redone.

10. Takaroskei

Takaroskei

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow. i like this map alot. i hope that you continue to make more RPGs because this is great. far better than i could do. 5/5 for me

11. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry to announce this but at this point v4.0.0 may be a long ways off, I'm burning myself out constantly working on the map trying to get so much done. I have no current ETA for the release of v4.0.0 and if it's released soon it will most likely not include everything I have said it would.

The paths that I spoke of I have changed my mind on implementing, instead each path will be another chooseable class at the beginning. They will still be closely related to their original class just an alternatative to that class.

Which in total will bring the total number of playable classes up to 30 from 10.

-----------------------------------------------

I just need to take a break from working on the map for a bit, maybe work on something else take my mind off it so I don't get anymore burnt out than I am.

12. DanThanh

DanThanh

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love it, except the fact that i have to type in -ID/D to destroy/deposit my items.
    Characters have been done well with nice spells and outstanding roles.
    I especially like the skills "charge" and "piercing chot", could you please give my those spells for my map? i will give you credit !
    Anyway, keep up your job, good luck to you !

13. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I didn't make the charge spell, I believe I found it off the hive or Wc3Campaigns. As for piercing shot, its just impale with the effects changed =/ nothing special.

14. DanThanh

DanThanh

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cool...are you still working on this project or it's the final version ?

15. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not sure yet, I stopped working on it for a bit and I'm working on a new project.

I may come back to this with some minor update(s) in the future, but atm I don't know when I'm going to work on this again. I got burned out and overwhelmed with what I was wanting to put into the map and idk if I'll finish 4.0.0.

16. Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Starting work back up on v4.0.0!

At this moment in time the coming changes probably will look like this.

- Revamped heroes, possibly a better skill system put in place along with new skills.
    - Challenge Mode, a group of 5 max level players can partake in the Challenge Mode, all dungeons are tuned for max level characters, providing challenges to players who have conquered the game normally, also rewarding better loot.
    - The Elemental Aerie, a new max level dungeon being implemented. The Aerie will have 4 bosses inside it, only 1 boss is available each game however and can only be defeated once. The loot for these bosses will prove a challenge to acquire and a player fully fitted with gear from the dungeon will have shown some dedication.

17. Peteri1111

Peteri1111

Resources:
    Resources:
    ehrm...

The stupid necromancers Golem can tk people... and im having some retard friends within game

18. Yay4Anime

Yay4Anime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Patch.

The New Warcraft patch made this map unplayable.

19. Narrat0r

Narrat0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really enjoyed playing this map, like simplified singleplayer WoW.

20. Non

Non

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map. 5!
    I searched a long time for simple rpg without innovation systems (sometimes bugged and slow), etc. Picked up an assasin, reached 55 lvl and dunno what do now. :)
    Great if someone tells me where i can find quality rpgs like Quests Open RPG v2.1 and Legends OpenRPG (starcraft) in Warcraft 3 TFT.
    Really.. i think if we want to play RPG with a lot of functions - maybe easier to play RPG instead maps in wc3?
    Simplicity of rpg maps in wc3 and starcraft has something..
    Thanks!