• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Sun RPG v3.4.2

Reactions: deepstrasz and D4RE
darksunsig.jpg

(5) DARK SUN RPG
V 3.4.2

===============================================

Dark Sun RPG

The Story..

The kingdom of Menasil has been in peace for hundreds of years, free of war, free of famine. Those times were bright and hopeful...

Three years ago however..

Darkness began to take its hold in nearby lands, eventually reaching into Menasil. The Dark Lord Gald'anoth commanded legions of corrupted warriors into peaceful lands, corrupting those he could, and killing those who rebelled against him.

Although...Menasil had...what you could call a touch of luck. Gald'anoth had little success at invading Menasil, though he took much of the southern lands, the north was able to defend their land and stop his armies from pressing further into Menasil.

This is where your story takes place...It all starts here, in the Sunwood Forest...will your story take you into a heroic ending, or have an untimely end...the choice is yours...

Features

* Experience several dungeons, including bosses, loot, and other rewards.
* Level up to 55 and experience everything the map has to offer.
* Quests!
* Hireable mercenaries to accompany you in your adventure.
* A PvP system including PvP gear.
* Variety among classes as each spell has a maximum level of 20, allowing players to choose spells they more prefer for that class.
* Working Save/Load
* And more!

V3.4.0 Fixes/Changes

= General =

* All items now show what type of item they are.
* Hemet's Insignia now restores 15% life & mana on killing an enemy, up from 5%.

V3.4.0 Fixes/Changes

= General =

- You can no longer trigger PvP on others by putting a mercenary into the PvP zone.
- The Wolves Den has had it's max level range increased to level 20 up from 18.
- The Druid's loot for Nightblade hold has been corrected.
- You can now load as many times as you want while playing, the reason I had done this before was because players could spoof certain items, this was fixed.
- The max gold cap has been increased to 20000 from 10000.
- Repicking should now reset all of your quests that have been completed, so you can do them again.
- The quest Evil Residents can now be turned in.
- The Breaker has had his life reduced drastically.
- Several new rare creeps have been added into the map, they have a chance to spawn when killing certain enemies.
- Fixed a typo that said Super Potions required level 12 when they require level 20.
- Fixed several quest typos in Sunwood to show their proper name.
- Quest npc's now have floating text above them to show what quest(s) they are associated with.
- The quest npc for the quest Grizzly Wood's now has an exclamation mark above him.
- Water Shards for the quest Refill the Fountain now stack.
- A new repeatable quest has been added in the Rolling Hills.
- The Necromancer's Blood Golem now properly spawns with it's bonuses from Improved Blood Golem.
- Several terrain glitches were fixed.

= Classes =

- Hotkey has been fixed for Frost Nova.
- Necromancer can now summon his Blood Golem back to him by using the summoning spell again.

= Dungeons =

- The 3 Paladins in the Tomb of Fallen Crusaders have had their health reduced once more to shorten the time the dungeon should take.

Coming Soon!

* The Druid class will be completely revamped in a later version (Likely not this one, I need feedback on how to make it better, so please post suggestions here! I'd like to keep it as a Hybrid class that can be a caster, melee, or tank.)

Known Bugs

* None come to mind at this moment in time.

+ If you happen to discover any bugs (Which there probably will be a few since the map is new) I would appreciate it if you post them here or contact me in game (Sgt_Johnson@USWest)

Credits

* IPeonRush: For helping me with a few things a year ago before I had given up on this due to not having a Save/Load.
* AceHart: For creating a very nice and easy to understand and implement Save/Load system.
* Cyberlemons & Shpartikus: Supporting me to get this map out finally :p
* Others I may not remember the name of, sorry if I have forgotten your names.

Keywords:
dark, sun, dark sun, rpg, orpg
Contents

Dark Sun RPG v3.4.2 (Map)

Reviews
00:56, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 11
V3.3.3 is up and running.

-------------------------------

V3.3.3 Fixes/Changes

= General =

* Several new quests have been added.
* Quests now properly display the correct amount of rewarded experience, the experience reward was decreased for most quests in v3.3.1 because I hadn't realized that the experience needed between each level wasn't very much.
* The Golden Shield now properly attacks hostiles.
* The Thunderer can now properly be turned in.
* The Ancients now properly tracks kills and can be turned in.
* Creeps in the Deadlands have had their health and damage decreased and should now be quite less deadly against one hero, don't be fooled some may still put up a fight.

= Classes =

* Rechecked all ability Hotkeys for mistakes and changed the hotkeys for certain abilities.
* Increased the damage done by all Druid casting spells.
* Mauls strength bonus damage has been decreased.
* Improved Blood Golem was reworked it is no longer permenant even when unlearned.

= Dungeons =

* All Dungeon creeps and bosses have had their life reduced dramatically, however their strength has been increased again, and their life regeneration has been adjusted.
* Bosses now autocast certain spells that do not cast if there is a small amount of players present in the dungeon.
* Unholy Protection used by Frederick the Holy and Grand Crusader Leon now lasts 5 seconds, down from 10 seconds.
* Frederick the Holy now casts a long casting time spell upon shielding himself with Unholy Protection.
* Changed the layout of The Dark Fortress dungeon.
* Gald'anoth's encounter has been tweaked a bit.

Last edited:
Level 1
:spell_breaker:

-= This rpg map needs the lvl cap to be higher and more items and mobs as well.

-= Really love the ability to play single player and lan so it's good.

-= I think you need more Agi and Str Classes -.-" too many spell casters

-= Also The SpellCasters Classes abilities need to increase especially AoE types like Druid Armagaddon, Nova, and passive abilites and Buffs

-= The Regen of bosses is abit too high especially the lvl 50 Mobs [I have three Friends Fire mage, Frost mage, and a Druid] i have no idea how much dmg we deal together but because of the regen he heals faster then we damage and the mob as AoE Gay dmg stun and because of that it gives even more time to regen so everytime we got stuned he obtain full health once again >.<ll

P.S : Have a few NEW classes in mind already.

==Thumbs Up==

Last edited:
Level 28
I've got a warrior, a Cleric and a necro lvl 55 now and my friend is an archer and a Fire/ice Mage lvl 55, all with the stone giant set, which means it is a good game, but:

- You can enter the Wolf Den with a mercenary (there is a little gap above the den, which makes it possible for the mercenaries - heroes can't enter through there though).
- If you upgrade the Golem's spell ad then get a tome of retraining, the upgrades won't go away (so you've got 20 extra skill points)
- You can always load, which means you can load a char, drop the items (potions) and do this over and over again, so you get 10k in no-time + you can then repick and your newb char got the best pots.
- The "The door slams and you hear an evil laugh"-text keep diplaying if you die in the dungeon.
- Remove the quests when all players have finished them, that will create a better-looking quest log.
- The heroes aren't balanced: some heroes are really weak compared to others.
- 100 PvP-marks is insane ^^ I've got about 20 now, but that really takes a while.

Gamecrafet DK said:
Uhh, dunno if it's been fixed, but when my necromancer used blood golem on level 15 - 17 i think, it never showed up, i checked the entire map, looking for it, and it was gone. Besides, the golem is annoying, if you get into a dungeon, you gotta wait like 10 minutes, before you can re-summon it. and a sole necromancer's worth VERY little. oh, besides, the save code should be displayed longer, i missed the last 3 characters... i tried to re-save, and i wrote the remaining characters, THEN i tried to load the necromancer, but it was bugged, i couldn't, though, then again, it might just be me, being a moron.
1) Let the golem run down, to the salamanders and let him get killed, thatdoesn't take long
2) The necromancers Death Coil is pretty strong, though the fire Mage is a lot stronger.
3) Take a sreenshot...

Keep working on the map, it's good, but far from perfect ;)

Level 11
I've got a warrior, a Cleric and a necro lvl 55 now and my friend is an archer and a Fire/ice Mage lvl 55, all with the stone giant set, which means it is a good game, but:

- You can enter the Wolf Den with a mercenary (there is a little gap above the den, which makes it possible for the mercenaries - heroes can't enter through there though).
- If you upgrade the Golem's spell ad then get a tome of retraining, the upgrades won't go away (so you've got 20 extra skill points)
- You can always load, which means you can load a char, drop the items (potions) and do this over and over again, so you get 10k in no-time + you can then repick and your newb char got the best pots.
- The "The door slams and you hear an evil laugh"-text keep diplaying if you die in the dungeon.
- Remove the quests when all players have finished them, that will create a better-looking quest log.
- The heroes aren't balanced: some heroes are really weak compared to others.
- 100 PvP-marks is insane ^^ I've got about 20 now, but that really takes a while.

Lol everything you described is fixed as of v3.3.3 except that terrain glitch with mercs being able to enter the Wolves Den I'll find the gap and close it up and it'll be with the v3.3.4 fixes.

As for the 100 PvP marks thing, the PvP gear is on par or stronger than the gear in the final dungeon, I want people to have to earn it, at the time 100 seemed like a good number, though with how much everyone is saying its to high I may have to lower it.

And it would be difficult to get the quests to dissapear after all players left, for one if a player leaved or one spot was open the the trigger I have in mind to do it wouldn't work. If you can think up something as to how to get it fixed I'll implement it and give you credit :)

Here are how the quests work.

- Quest Activating Trigger
  • First Steps
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to (==) Marshal Harrison 0010 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Integer((Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of Heroes[(Player number of (Triggering player))])))) Less than (<) 500
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: |cffffff00- Quest D...
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: ((|cffd6ff2f + (Name of (Triggering unit))) + :|r Welcome to the Golden Shield Recruit. Even though I can tell you've got what it takes, I'd like you to show me you can handle yourself, leave the camp and slay a few of the wolves around here and return to me.
          • Quest - Create a Required quest titled First Steps with the description |cff11ff04(Normal Q..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNWolf.blp
          • Set FirstStepsBoolean = True
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Trigger - Turn on Progressing First Steps <gen>
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: You need to be clos...
- Quest Progression Trigger
  • Progressing First Steps
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • Multiple ConditionsAnd - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • FirstStepsBoolean Equal to (==) True
            • Multiple ConditionsOr - Any (Conditions) are true
              • Conditions
                • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to (==) Young Timber Wolf
                • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to (==) Timber Wolf
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to (==) Young Timber Wolf
              • FirstStepsInt1[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] Less than (<) 4
        • Then - Actions
          • Set FirstStepsInt1[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (FirstStepsInt1[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Killing unit)))) the text: (( |cffff9115 + (String(FirstStepsInt1[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))) + |r Young Timber Wolves slain)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to (==) Timber Wolf
              • FirstStepsInt2[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] Less than (<) 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Set FirstStepsInt2[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (FirstStepsInt2[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Killing unit)))) the text: (( |cffff9115 + (String(FirstStepsInt2[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))) + |r Timber Wolves slain)
        • Else - Actions
- Quest Completion Trigger
  • Complete First Steps
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to (==) Marshal Harrison 0010 <gen>
          • FirstStepsBoolean Equal to (==) True
          • FirstStepsComplete[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) False
          • FirstStepsInt1[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 4
          • FirstStepsInt2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to (==) 2
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: |cffffff00- Normal ...
      • Hero - Add 300 experience to Heroes[(Player number of (Triggering player))], Show level-up graphics
      • Player - Add 10 to (Triggering player) Current gold
      • Set FirstStepsComplete[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True

Level 28
This is my idea: (which I made in 10 minutes, so it might not work :p)

Inside the Quest Progression Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Quest[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = ["Number of Quest"]
    • Set QuestFinished[Quest[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]] = True
Where "QuestFinished" is a boolean with array (= number of quests)
"Quest" is an Integer, with array 5 (max amount of players), it represents which quest it is

Inside the Quest Completion Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Quest[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = ["Number of Quest"]
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
          • Conditions
            • QuestFinished[Quest[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]] Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
    • Game - Your Actions
      • Else - Actions
    • Game - Your Actions
I hope this may work and that you understand what I'm trying to say ^^
I don't have much time, so I won't be able to add all the things you have added, but you get the point I think.

Sgt. Johnson said:
Lol everything you described is fixed as of v3.3.3 except that terrain glitch with mercs being able to enter the Wolves Den I'll find the gap and close it up and it'll be with the v3.3.4 fixes.
Oh, sorry :p It seems that I'm a little late with downloading the new version.

Level 1
Dark Sun v3.3.3
Played it in single player
1.....try to reduce the time taken for loading the map if you can. It is too much
2.....How long does it take for the abilities message to go? i clicked on Arcanist, got its abilites in front of me, chose it & currently waiting for the abilites message to go away. I know it is long but hey it can be easily viewed in message log so why not make it go in little time?
3.....I clicked Marshal Harrison & got the quest in my quest log while it says i need to at level3.
4.....I got out of the camp & the wolves are not attacking me. why? It looked odd that they did not attack me.
5....When i attack them i turn into a sheep. Why?
6....MAJOR:I cannot load save file of this map. I can load of all other maps that i am Playing but not of this. Tried 3 times-once yesterday & twice today. It happens every time even if i make a new save file.
7....The thread shows v3.3.4. but version is v3.3.3

As the game's save file isn't loading so i won't play it till you can fix that thing.

Level 11
Dark Sun v3.3.3
Played it in single player
1.....try to reduce the time taken for loading the map if you can. It is too much

The main reason the load time takes so long is because of the huge amount of doodads there are, I keep hitting the limit and having to delete some that already exist very often lol, I've been experimenting in zones how to fix it up so that there aren't as many though I'm having trouble keeping the zones looking good with less doodads.

Also a good portion of it comes from the pathing blockers that exist almost everywhere on cliffs to keep players off them.

2.....How long does it take for the abilities message to go? i clicked on Arcanist, got its abilites in front of me, chose it & currently waiting for the abilites message to go away. I know it is long but hey it can be easily viewed in message log so why not make it go in little time?

v3.3.4 I added a -clear command, I forgot to add it to the change log (And I forgot to test it out yesterday so if someone can let me know if it works or not lol)

3.....I clicked Marshal Harrison & got the quest in my quest log while it says i need to at level3.

He technically offers 2 quests, <First Steps> and <The Nightblades> neither are required to accept the other one however first steps has no level req. while the nightblades requires level 3, thats why you have the message popping up, maybe I'll change it so the nightblades requires first steps to be completed so the message won't pop up.

4.....I got out of the camp & the wolves are not attacking me. why? It looked odd that they did not attack me.

Last version it should have been fixed, for some odd reason though the guards have a very small agro radius, I'll check on them.

5....When i attack them i turn into a sheep. Why?

That was a bug that came out in v3.3.3, I had an existing system to stop players from attacking each other by having a dummy unit sheep them. By accident I had forgot to put in the trigger for it to not activate when attacking a neutral unit, it no longer does this as of v3.3.4.

6....MAJOR:I cannot load save file of this map. I can load of all other maps that i am Playing but not of this. Tried 3 times-once yesterday & twice today. It happens every time even if i make a new save file.

=/ did you play it on a different account? Because I just played this last night and we able to load just fine.

7....The thread shows v3.3.4. but version is v3.3.3

You may have been looking at this right before I updated it lol

Level 1
did you play it on a different account?
What does this mean?
Anyway i played it in single player. Chose the beginning settings without adding any computer players other than those which were necessary (no other heroes in short). Used Arcanist. I used v3.3.3. & was not able to load the save file 3 times. I am able to load other save files so no problem with game or PC.

Level 11
What does this mean?
Anyway i played it in single player. Chose the beginning settings without adding any computer players other than those which were necessary (no other heroes in short). Used Arcanist. I used v3.3.3. & was not able to load the save file 3 times. I am able to load other save files so no problem with game or PC.

What I mean is did you try loading with a different account, or did you save the arcanist on a different account. Because I have never had any issues with my heroes not loading at all and I haven't had anyone else have issues other than you =/

Level 11
Multiple skill paths for each class would be kind of nice maybe 4 skills a path and a 5th for getting every skill in 1 path.

Was thinking of something along the lines of that, I need to brainstorm on it, if anyone has some suggestions along the lines of this (possible skills, paths, ect.) I'd appreciate it and I'll credit you for them if I use them.

Level 2
Just something I noticed on a play through. When selecting a hero, Necromancer still says he has Bone Spear instead of Improved Blood Golem.

Also, taking ideas for alternate paths eh? Sounds fun.

Also, for the Warrior: When choosing skills, Mutilate says it does 20% per level of Warriors Rage. When you actually HAVE the skill, at least for level 1 so far, it says only 10% per level of Rage.

Tried loading a character for the first time, been playing with other classes up until now. I noticed whenever I picked up a special drop, it said "That is not yours." I could pick it up anyway though. I load, and I still can't grab it. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but, yeah.

Last edited:
Level 11
Just something I noticed on a play through. When selecting a hero, Necromancer still says he has Bone Spear instead of Improved Blood Golem.

Also, taking ideas for alternate paths eh? Sounds fun.

Also, for the Warrior: When choosing skills, Mutilate says it does 20% per level of Warriors Rage. When you actually HAVE the skill, at least for level 1 so far, it says only 10% per level of Rage.

Tried loading a character for the first time, been playing with other classes up until now. I noticed whenever I picked up a special drop, it said "That is not yours." I could pick it up anyway though. I load, and I still can't grab it. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but, yeah.

Ya I fixed the rare loot so you can pick it up when you load, and it doesn't display that msg anymore.

Level 2
The lvl 15 Nightblade Grunts outside the Hold don't exactly seem to match the lvl 17's inside it. While they are creeps outside the area itself, they don't respawn, like the dungeon mobs, so perhaps they should be a bit stronger.

Level 11
The lvl 15 Nightblade Grunts outside the Hold don't exactly seem to match the lvl 17's inside it. While they are creeps outside the area itself, they don't respawn, like the dungeon mobs, so perhaps they should be a bit stronger.

Those are just there for extra stuff, the dungeon creeps don't respawn either the entire dungeon resets once another player enters after clearing it. Also the creeps inside are elite dungeon creeps, tougher than normal ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, it will be quite some time before another version comes, out tiny fixes will be addressed in the mean-time, the casting range on some spells has for some reason crept up again even though I've fixed it so many times lol.

The next major version will be a great increase to gameplay trust me :)

* Players can choose a specialty path after level 20, the paths will still be on par with the normal heroes, they will just specialize in certain aspects of the hero, the original hero will be just as good as the specializations however will be more of a hybrid of the two.
* ----- Ex) Fire Mage can choose 2 paths, Pyromancer and Pyromaniac. The Pyromancer is adept at controlling his spells and focusing on single targets, a.k.a. major single target dps. While the Pyromaniac is the exact opposite and goes wild with his spells dealing mass AoE dps.
* Item tooltips completely redone, and plenty of items will see improvements! Also shields will be introduced. Along with potions restoring both health and mana to save some inventory space.
* Hard mode for all dungeons for max level players.
* A new dungeon, the elemental sanctum, which will be on par with the Dark Fortress in difficulty and have 4 random bosses with different loot.

------------------

Please post any minor things need fixing here, most of them will be fixed by the time v4.0.0 arrives since most of the map is being redone.

Level 1
wow. i like this map alot. i hope that you continue to make more RPGs because this is great. far better than i could do. 5/5 for me

Level 11
Sorry to announce this but at this point v4.0.0 may be a long ways off, I'm burning myself out constantly working on the map trying to get so much done. I have no current ETA for the release of v4.0.0 and if it's released soon it will most likely not include everything I have said it would.

The paths that I spoke of I have changed my mind on implementing, instead each path will be another chooseable class at the beginning. They will still be closely related to their original class just an alternatative to that class.

Which in total will bring the total number of playable classes up to 30 from 10.

-----------------------------------------------

I just need to take a break from working on the map for a bit, maybe work on something else take my mind off it so I don't get anymore burnt out than I am.

Level 7
I love it, except the fact that i have to type in -ID/D to destroy/deposit my items.
Characters have been done well with nice spells and outstanding roles.
I especially like the skills "charge" and "piercing chot", could you please give my those spells for my map? i will give you credit !
Anyway, keep up your job, good luck to you !

Level 11
I love it, except the fact that i have to type in -ID/D to destroy/deposit my items.
Characters have been done well with nice spells and outstanding roles.
I especially like the skills "charge" and "piercing chot", could you please give my those spells for my map? i will give you credit !
Anyway, keep up your job, good luck to you !

I didn't make the charge spell, I believe I found it off the hive or Wc3Campaigns. As for piercing shot, its just impale with the effects changed =/ nothing special.

Level 11
Cool...are you still working on this project or it's the final version ?

Not sure yet, I stopped working on it for a bit and I'm working on a new project.

I may come back to this with some minor update(s) in the future, but atm I don't know when I'm going to work on this again. I got burned out and overwhelmed with what I was wanting to put into the map and idk if I'll finish 4.0.0.

Level 11
Starting work back up on v4.0.0!

At this moment in time the coming changes probably will look like this.

- Revamped heroes, possibly a better skill system put in place along with new skills.
- Challenge Mode, a group of 5 max level players can partake in the Challenge Mode, all dungeons are tuned for max level characters, providing challenges to players who have conquered the game normally, also rewarding better loot.
- The Elemental Aerie, a new max level dungeon being implemented. The Aerie will have 4 bosses inside it, only 1 boss is available each game however and can only be defeated once. The loot for these bosses will prove a challenge to acquire and a player fully fitted with gear from the dungeon will have shown some dedication.

Non

Non

Level 2
Nice map. 5!
I searched a long time for simple rpg without innovation systems (sometimes bugged and slow), etc. Picked up an assasin, reached 55 lvl and dunno what do now. :)
Great if someone tells me where i can find quality rpgs like Quests Open RPG v2.1 and Legends OpenRPG (starcraft) in Warcraft 3 TFT.
Really.. i think if we want to play RPG with a lot of functions - maybe easier to play RPG instead maps in wc3?
Simplicity of rpg maps in wc3 and starcraft has something..
Thanks!

Level 5
The New Warcraft patch made this map unplayable.

I miss this map =/

Hurry up already please!

Also the manashield guy (or arcanist idk) can perma stun according to a friend.

Last edited:
Level 4
i am so happy in these last days many rpg and many updated rpg maps have come out :) good job and continue it! ;)

Level 4
wolfhelm your pc sucks :) i can load this map in 10 sec and i dont have any single lag..... but heroes skills are a bit lame^^ but the map is nice i like the dungeons! its the best thing what in rpg can be :)

p.s. sweener Mass Purging Template Version 3.0 is this an rpg map on wc3 or what?

Level 28
wolfhelm your pc sucks :) i can load this map in 10 sec and i dont have any single lag....
Oh yes, replying to a post from over a year ago is so much fun.

p.s. sweener Mass Purging Template Version 3.0 is this an rpg map on wc3 or what?
Yes, it's an RPG, what else could it be?

Map Purging Template.

Sounds like an RPG to me!
...wait, how exactly did you come to that conclusion?

Level 3
isn't this the old version?

I mean isn't version 4.0.0 on epicwar?

Also may want to reduce the Health Regen its way to much in my opinion

Last edited:
Level 7
Yeah, I know this is a necro-post, and it's not likely that the author will respond. But...

My brother found the one spot in that first dungeon where the boss snaps back to its start position, but he is still inside its attack range, causing it to constantly infinitely chase after him and reset. Somehow, I don't know how, but this caused our machines to lag out way past 0.7 fps. I couldn't take a screenshot because I was panicking and rebooting my computer (It lagged so bad that even Ctr+Alt+Del did nothing).

In a normal game, players (probably) wouldn't run across this, but we were the loopy kinda tired tonight... *Crawls off towards bed, then collapses on the floor*

Level 3
so far so good. made a level 55 warrior and got my two pvp items (FINALLY!!!!). My only concern here is the rare mobs, and i know they drop pretty good items. So far the hardest rare mob i encountered was Rol'thur at valley of giants which drops cowl of nature (+28 strength +22 agility).

Wondering if anyone could provide me with a list of rare mobs as well as their drops? So far these are the only rare mobs i know:

1) Whitefang
2) Level 28 water elemental (forgot name)
3) Rol'thur

Anyone care to add anymore you know? thanks :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It was pretty interesting at first (I mean until level 40 and it was ruined by the fact that level 55 was the cap and not all spells could be used at their maximum potential).

Some issues though:
-when using the "-save" command and then using the "-load" command these problems appear: quests are not saved, they must be restarted and dungeons may not be able to be accessed because the hero will have a higher level than required for said dungeon; quests that have more parts must be restarted from the first part after loading; Blessing of Earth does not come with "-load" and the quest has to be done again
-the quest log is disorganised as in optional quests are mixed with credits and other stuff; I suggest all quests be put in the quest log (change its name just into quests) and mark the optional ones with "optional" in brackets); quests do not complete, I mean they do not show that they are completed and the player has to remember how many creeps there still need to be killed; another suggestion: when quests complete they should be removed from the log so that the player mustn't scroll down every time to see their progress; quests should be teamwork not let every player do the kill spree separately even though experience is shared (this would help with time spent on a quest)
-creep spawning some times is awful since killing a unit will automatically spawn another one killed earlier next or even instead of the later killed one (this can lead to exploits)

It can be improved without having to start over but just by editing.